The Big LBR Non Google Trivia Quiz

bumblebee

OK, here's a question that was raised in an interview I recently heard on the radio with a leading expert on schizophrenia with an answer I wasn't expecting.

"What happens to schizophrenics when they get old?"

I must point out the answer applies to nearly all of them, there is always the exception according to the expert.

Nope. but close sounding name. This city was the backup target to Hiroshima on the first bombing, but wasn't needed since they had clear visibility that day.  It then became the primary on the 2nd mission, but was obscured by clouds and the mission was diverted to Nagasaki

Since  none of you limber dicks wanted to guess, other than JD, I guess I should give the answer. Kokura was the primary target that was bypassed due to poor visibility and Fat Man was then dropped on Nagasaki instead. 

How about the name of the plane that dropped the bomb on Nagasaki ?

The B-29 that dropped the bomb on Nagasaki was named Bockscar, after her regular commander, Capt Frederick Bock, although he was not piloting Bockscar that day. Everyone knows the Enola Gay, but few know or remember Bockscar. 

re Pacman Question  

I was reading about this condition recently and about the Anti- Psychotic drugs that are  dished out. Many sufferers are actually better off not taking any drugs in the longer term and learn to live with the "voices" etc but this wont become standard practice any time soon

My guess is that the drugs have some long term side effects , maybe  the brain shrinks more than is normal in old age.

There are other side effects but i cant remember !

Ok, one more pic from this movie, and can anyone name the movie and the two actors on the left and the right? The Filipino in the middle would be next to impossible for anyone other than a hardcore fan of the movie. The one on the left is same as in my avatar. He was well known for a couple of tv westerns, The one on the right was a popular character actor back in those days.

File22_zps823171bb.jpg

The movie is Merrill's Marauders. The actors are Peter Brown on the left,same as my avatar, and Claude Akins on the right. Brown played Deputy Johnny McKay on Lawman and Texas Ranger Chad Cooper on Laredo. Akins was in the series Moving On, about two long haul truck drivers. He also played Sheriff Lobo in BJ and the Bear, and then in the spinoff named after his character. 

re Pacman Question  

I was reading about this condition recently and about the Anti- Psychotic drugs that are  dished out. Many sufferers are actually better off not taking any drugs in the longer term and learn to live the "voices" etc but this wont become standard practice any time soon

My guess is that the drugs have some long term side effects , maybe  the brain shrinks more than is normal in old age.

There are other side effects but i cant remember !

Close enough TC. The expert I listened to said that sufferers eventually get over their Schizophrenia. They recognise when an attack is coming on & after years of not coping, they eventually find a way to manage their feelings & carry on normally.

Or as you put it - they learn to live with the voices. 

I was dumbfounded. I had never heard of it but he said almost all sufferers reach this point & can function the rest of their lives OK. I can't remember if he said they continued to need medication but maybe some do & some don't. 

However he did say there were the few who never come to terms with their condition & finish up seriously disturbed. Or more disturbed than when they started.

All I could remember about the Kinch replacement was either the character or the actor was named Washington. 

Here is one last photo from the move of my avatar. Showing some different characters. Maybe this will jog your memory. It was my favorite movie until I was in at least mid teens. My folks and I went to the drive in to see it when it first came out. I was about 8. 

File18_zpsf2faa3e4.jpg

This photo is of Peter Brown, Ty Hardin, who was in the TV series Bronco, and Claud Akins

What is the connection between Bryan Cranston (Walter White in Breaking Bad), Ivan Lendl (tennis coach and multiple Grand Slam winner), Piet Mondrian (artist), and Franco Harris & Lynn Swann (both former Pittsburgh Steelers - running back and wide receiver respectively, if I remember correctly)?

An amazing question.  Can't even hazard a reasonable guess at this time.