The Big LBR Non Google Trivia Quiz

bumblebee

RX isn't too far off the mark. The actual figure is $600 Billion, and there are 43 countries who refused to publish their figures, so that sum should really be much higher.

For those of us living in the Eurozone, in the first 6 months of 2014, over 75 million counterfeit items have been seized here alone.

Well done RX

if you take the world GDP  and look at how much of it is tainted by crime , tax avoidance, copyright theft in films and music and so on  you would be shocked. Just under half. One of the big news houses published this last week. They maybe out by a bit but not much i guess.

Its survival of the fittest folks....its like being green , why bother when most dont give two fucks and never will. being honest is a waste of time it seems.  Rant over

• Upvote 1

Yes, but see, we don't use Google in this thread, and perhaps you missed the title;

The Big LBR Non Google Trivia Quiz

It's the same for the photo thread, we would like to think that people are answering these questions without having to look them up on the web and it's all on the honor system.

Anyway, PD is correct and I doubt he had to use google.

Also not using Bing.com either  :)

Or any search engine.    :hi:

When the band The Pogues were originally formed their name was Póg mo thóin but they had to change it to The Pogues when it was discovered what it meant.  So what does that Gaelic expression mean?

hhaha.....that must be the only Gaelige phrase known throughout the UK ,BB.........

.by the way BB,did you see the recent archaelogical find in ireland (no joking) approx 500 roman legionairres discovered in mass grave north of dublin.....GOOGLE IT, it re-writes the history books....

When the band The Pogues were originally formed their name was Póg mo thóin but they had to change it to The Pogues when it was discovered what it meant.  So what does that Gaelic expression mean?

There was a poster a long time ago whose username was Pogue Mahone which I believe meant Kiss My Ass so I'll go with that.

Did a Yank get it right?

I had quite a history with that fucking asshole, he threatened me from behind his keyboard more than once and when I called him on it and offered to meet - anywhere, on my dime - he caved like a little pussy. A true piece of shit.

In keeping with the theme of minor foreign-word or phrase translation, what does the word Juche mean in Korean?

Hint; it's only used in the north.

• Upvote 1

Will check in a while Willie.  So it looks like it will be a case of the first guy from the UK who reads it should give us an answer. 

im sure the duke has heard poge mahone a few times.....when you spell it out in gaelige,it looks nothing like its pronounced imo......thats the problem with learning Irish/Gaelige.......you have to speak it before you can read it!...why the feck don't they modernise the written language like the pogues modernised traditional irish music....? No wonder it's dying.....ok,.rant over....

OK, since Archie obviously doesn't read here......too bad because he knows this one......Juche in North Korea is loosely translated as "Self-reliance."   As in, we don't need help from anyone to have the greatest nation on earth.  Huh?

Except Dennis Rodman WTF   :crazy:

Strange man; good rebounder.