The Big LBR Non Google Trivia Quiz

bumblebee

Talking of popes BB...there has only been one english/british pope.....which one was it?

Mmm the name Stephen comes to mind but maybe i am mixing him up with a king.

well ,seeing that no ones got it-(or doesn't give a fig)....adrian iv.....dunno where the first 3 adrians came from......

i like the probably apochryphal story of the death of the first pope John Paul......some optimistic punter went into a bookies in Liverpool and put a tenner on the next pope being named George Ringo

• Upvote 1

Lefty, I think you asked this before - they would be the USS Enterprise and the USS Yorktown (which sank) and the USS Essex.

I asked about Midway before. 

The Battle of Coral Sea had the Yorktown and the Lexington, which was sunk. When they built a new carrier though not long after that, they named it the Lexington too. The 2nd Lexington was a big part of the Battle of Leyte Gulf.  

The Essex btw, was not at either Coral Sea or Midway. She didn't reach the Pacific until mid 1943. The 3rd carrier at Midway was the Hornet. 

Jason Alexander

Right. Jerry Seinfeld won one being producer, but did not ever win for being best actor. Michael Richards beat out Jason Alexander 2-3 times for the best supporting actor Emmy and Julia Louis Dreyfus won one Emmy for best supporting actress. 

well ,seeing that no ones got it-(or doesn't give a fig)....adrian iv.....dunno where the first 3 adrians came from......

i like the probably apochryphal story of the death of the first pope John Paul......some optimistic punter went into a bookies in Liverpool and put a tenner on the next pope being named George Ringo

Ah that's the one. I knew it was one of the more unusual names and not the standard John, Paul, Peter etc.

I asked about Midway before. 

The Battle of Coral Sea had the Yorktown and the Lexington, which was sunk. When they built a new carrier though not long after that, they named it the Lexington too. The 2nd Lexington was a big part of the Battle of Leyte Gulf.  

The Essex btw, was not at either Coral Sea or Midway. She didn't reach the Pacific until mid 1943. The 3rd carrier at Midway was the Hornet. 

Ahh, I was confused, thanks for setting me straight! When I was in elementary/junior high school I was interested in history. The bravery of the men who fought in WWI and WWII impressed me.