Low season = desperate measures=scandalous behavior

Swedeman007

I heard from a BM today that he was short changed and attacked by LBs in a bar, and had his motorbike vandalized as the tires were slashed and clutch broken. Knowing well that there are always two sides to every story, this just seems the result of how desperate the LBs are becoming as mongers are more scarce now a days. the BM in question is a great guy, not inkling of bad in his heart, and is a big time giver, and also was a regular in this bar spending lots of money during every visit.

A similar event happened to me, Misty from Kings Bar 2 attacked me when I told her I wasn't interested, she chased me down Soi 8 and kicked me in the back and throwing her shoes at me. Seems the LBs are more volatile and desperate these days as they search for their next BF/meal. -Swedeman007 

• Upvote 2

I heard from a BM today that he was short changed and attacked by LBs in a bar, and had his motorbike vandalized as the tires were slashed and clutch broken. Knowing well that there are always two sides to every story, this just seems the result of how desperate the LBs are becoming as mongers are more scarce now a days. the BM in question is a great guy, not inkling of bad in his heart, and is a big time giver, and also was a regular in this bar spending lots of money during every visit.

A similar event happened to me, Misty from Kings Bar 2 attacked me when I told her I wasn't interested, she chased me down Soi 8 and kicked me in the back and throwing her shoes at me. Seems the LBs are more volatile and desperate these days as they search for their next BF/meal. -Swedeman007

Sounds like there might have been a sprinkle of sang som or a dash of yabba in the mix there SM

But it isn't the bar owners who've resorted to beating up on their customers JaiDee... Well, at least not yet!?

Anyway, sounds a bit more like meth rage to me Globetrotter, especially with a bit of wanton vadalism thrown in, (who knows?); but desperate times indeed & the usage is at epidemic proportions right now & these kids really 'crank out' on this stuff!.. Ive seen a few too many nasty incidents recently myself & only two weeks ago I watched two LB's in one of our CNX bars smashing bottles & going for customers, the incident eventually culminated in the sweetest & most feminine of the LB's in this particular bar smashing some poor bloke over the head with an oversized flower pot... (Shame, it was a nice looking piece of Celadon ware)!!!

I'd been watching these girls for a few hours & there was definitely madness in the air & it was obvious that they all had that 'particular meth thing' going on, coupled with Thai wiskey & God knows what else??... And I also knew that it was unfortunately only a matter fo time before the night would end badly!

• Upvote 2

These are no good news,but I have never heard about such outside Pattaya, not in Phuket, nor Chiang Mai or Hua Hin.

When I stop in one of the LB Bars, I spend a drink or two ,but no long fondelling or playing with cocks ( not mine or any other). When you let them play with you for a while they often get mad when you leave without barfining,that might be a reason for aggressive behaviour ? and of course competition is nowhere else that tough like in Pattaya

• Upvote 2

I'd been watching these girls for a few hours & there was definitely madness in the air & it was obvious that they all had that 'particular meth thing' going on, coupled with Thai wiskey & God knows what else??... And also that it was unfortunately only a matter fo time before the night would end badly!

Lung, the place was volatile and you where waiting to see what would happen next? I think I would have left. And maybe never gone back. As I have done with Famous bar. It has been almost 2 years since I was done with those crazy broads.

These stories will keep me happily in BKK, in Nana plaza or occasionally Soi 33 where low season never gets too ... desperate(?)

And now that the police have drug tested everyone in Nana, there is a little more sense of safety.

These are no good news,but I have never heard about such outside Pattaya, not in Phuket, nor Chiang Mai or Hua Hin.

When I stop in one of the LB Bars, I spend a drink or two ,but no long fondelling or playing with cocks ( not mine or any other). When you let them play with you for a while they often get mad when you leave without barfining,that might be a reason for aggressive behaviour ? and of course competition is nowhere else that tough like in Pattaya

That is a very valid point.   Whenever I have seen it kick off - its normally as a result of exactly what you describe - i.e. the girl being treated poorly and then not being tipped for whatever she has done.  Second biggest is when its a jealousy angle. i.e. the girl has for whatever reason assumed, the guy is her customer only.      As others have picked up on already, it normally happens in a drug/alcohol induced state.   No different really to whenever these things kick off anywhere in the world.    

But to the OP's point - the mass brawl is actually not that common.   Even less common is the destruction of the motorbike.   What seems to have occurred there is very rare however knowing the guy involved - it maybe his direct approach which resulted in it happening.    That approach is fine with foreigners but to a Thai it can often be too "In your face" if you get my meaning.       

• Upvote 1

this incident creating plenty of attention on another site ,

hope things get sorted peacefully for all concerned .

• Upvote 1

Lung, the place was volatile and you where waiting to see what would happen next?

I just like to hang around, so that I can pick all the loose change afterwards, Rukki. :ph34r:

In all seriousness, I could well do without the ugly scenes myself, but I was waiting for someone whom I was rather concerned about has it had been a crazy day all round... And besides, the owner had bought me a drink & asked me to hang around... Anyway, my friend turned up just after the event as we were all spilling out of the place & she was just as much of a spaced out mess as the rest of them... Kinda wish I hadn't bothered :mad0235:

I think the drug testing in Banana Plaza's a great thing, it's just a shame that you can only really do it within those sort of confines... But aside from that I do think that the violent behaviour's definitely worse right now during a seasonal depression & maybe that would also correlate with the availability of certain drugs, especially meth wich can induce 'ultra' violence in some of the meakest of people? But dunno, who does?

@Mardhi... Sure you're not going a bit PLB?.. It almost sounds like you could be sticking up for them!?

Yeah, there's 'nearly' always a reason & there's two sides to any story, but the OP's talking about disproportionate reponses in difficult times. He's been attacked himself & given his own reason for his particular fracas, 'he just wasn't interested' & I'd be equally sure that if he could see a reason for his friend getting bashed & vandalised he'd have given it!... And this sort of thing's happened to me almost a handful of times too, as it has others, for little or no reason, at all... Just can't remember if it was high or low season, in my case?

• Upvote 1

The problem is with Banana Plaza is that a couple of the worst meth heads are still there even after the Police crackdown..... but some have taken to Tequila and are fucked up worse than ever. 

Also some bill padding has been in evidence in the last 6 months in Nana 

Champ, don't be put off by one person's bad experience. These things can happen at any establishment at any given time, you just have to be unlucky to be present on a bad night. I can assure these instances are a rare occurrence, and quite often the farang is as much to blame as the bar/LB.

I visited Kings Bar several times last month and found it a very relaxing, hassle free enjoyable bar to have a few drinks and enjoy the surroundings, while ogling and chatting to some very hot talent.

Go with an open mind and a ready smile, be polite, and you will find in most, if not all establishments, that you will have a very pleasant experience and your custom will be very welcome.