How About A Little Passion You Fu**ing Wankers!

Make the most of it PDgg , when they build the proposed Dam the river will be fucked Along with the giant Catfish that roam around and probably 230 other species. Humans are a fucking nuicance IMO. The less of them around the better.

Progress. Its gone on far to long

• Upvote 1

Make the most of it PDgg , when they build the proposed Dam the river will be fucked Along with the giant Catfish that roam around and probably 230 other species. Humans are a fucking nuicance IMO. The less of them around the better.

Progress. Its gone on far to long

Spot on TC.

"Progress" has lots of unintended consequences such as raw sewage in Pattaya Bay, the carbon footprint, etc.

Hey, I like modern conveniences too but we need to be smart about it. What China does affects the countries downriver. Saving our planet will take a worldwide approach and I doubt the various countries will be able to come up with an unified plan. Our great great grandchildren are f*cked.

Glad you've highlighted this Tomcat!

My cousin & an old friend from school recently came over on a fishing trip, they were both after bagging a few of these superb beasts, that are unfortunately already shrinking to somewhere about two thirds to a half of their original size, (so unless those two guys in the photo are midgets, it must be an old pic)?... Anyway, I'm proud to say that I refused to even meet up up with them, in spite of the fact that they were Northern Thailand. It's caused a bit of a stink at home & I've well & truly stuck both their noses out of joint, but it was worth it!

I'm afraid the Chinese don't give a fuck about anyone else... Has the Thais will start to find out when certain parts of the Mekon start to dry up!!?

Glad you've highlighted this Tomcat!

My cousin & an old friend from school recently came over on a fishing trip, they were both after bagging a few of these superb beasts, that are unfortunately already shrinking to somewhere about two thirds to a half of their original size, (so unless those two guys in the photo are midgets, it must be an old pic)?... Anyway, I'm proud to say that I refused to even meet up up with them, in spite of the fact that they were Northern Thailand. It's caused a bit of a stink at home & I've well & truly stuck both their noses out of joint, but it was worth it!

I'm afraid the Chinese don't give a fuck about anyone else... Has the Thais will start to find out when certain parts of the Mekon start to dry up!!?

Fucking damn Chinks anyway. This is what we get for saving their asses, first from the Japs and then later from the wrath of Douglas MacArthur.

Oh Lefty, I hope they aren't reading this forum, you may be called in for questioning....... :mellow:

And the Chinese have plenty to be upset with America anyway, they just hide it very well. And the Chinese hold a grudge forever. Thick face black heart don't forget.

A piece of trivia I read last year when silver was the talk of the financial world when it was being speculated that it may be used to prop up future currencies. Everyone thinks of gold backed money but some countries have silver backed money. China was one of them, they abandoned the silver standard after the war when American took advantage of the high price that they offered as part of their exchange rate mechanism.

China had obligated themself to buy silver at a set rate. America dumped tonnes of silver onto them to profit from their generous price. So much silver that China had to drop the idea of a precious metal backed currency.

They still have it, the silver that is. The question was asked where it was. According to Darryl Robert Schoon, one of my favourite financial commentators & a very smart guy, he maintains that it is horded under the houses of the rich. And today it is worth far more than they paid for it. I can't imagine that it hasn't been sold to the electronics industry at these high prices but according to Darryl, they are sitting on the largest stock piles of silver on earth. And it is all part of the capital base they have to draw on to usurp the US dollar as the Reserve Currency of the world & replace it with the Reminbi. Something that many commentators predict will happen sooner than later.

I am sure that will keep our dear friend Khun Lefty on the straight & narrow.

Oh Lefty, I hope they aren't reading this forum, you may be called in for questioning....... :mellow:

I am sure that will keep our dear friend Khun Lefty on the straight & narrow.

80 OMG!!! Really??? Will you protect me Uncle Paccy? :o

And the Chinese have plenty to be upset with America anyway, they just hide it very well. And the Chinese hold a grudge forever. Thick face black heart don't forget.

A piece of trivia I read last year when silver was the talk of the financial world when it was being speculated that it may be used to prop up future currencies. Everyone thinks of gold backed money but some countries have silver backed money. China was one of them, they abandoned the silver standard after the war when American took advantage of the high price that they offered as part of their exchange rate mechanism.

China had obligated themself to buy silver at a set rate. America dumped tonnes of silver onto them to profit from their generous price. So much silver that China had to drop the idea of a precious metal backed currency.

They still have it, the silver that is. The question was asked where it was. According to Darryl Robert Schoon, one of my favourite financial commentators & a very smart guy, he maintains that it is horded under the houses of the rich. And today it is worth far more than they paid for it. I can't imagine that it hasn't been sold to the electronics industry at these high prices but according to Darryl, they are sitting on the largest stock piles of silver on earth. And it is all part of the capital base they have to draw on to usurp the US dollar as the Reserve Currency of the world & replace it with the Reminbi. Something that many commentators predict will happen sooner than later.

Listening to a financial radio show here in the USA this weekend, I heard a fairly well-known commentator named Lawrence Kudlow. He used to be partners in a hedge fund with Jim Cramer. I think Kudlow is interesting, but he is a bit more of a right winger than I like. With that said, he was making a point about financial reform in the USA and I believe he said something about how we need to go back onto the Gold Standard. I immediately thought of you Paccers, so perhaps I should lighten up a bit on you.

Kudlow

Guys like Kudlow say lowering the tax rate on the wealthiest people is good for everyone because the benefits trickle down.

I don't buy into that. Think cutting taxes for the wealthy, let's say guys making more than a million a year is good for the guys making more than a million a year.

I think Kudlow looks like a clown, a very sad clown, something about his face.

Guys like Kudlow say lowering the tax rate on the wealthiest people is good for everyone because the benefits trickle down.

I don't buy into that. Think cutting taxes for the wealthy, let's say guys making more than a million a year is good for the guys making more than a million a year.

Exactly!!! Tom Harkin said back when he had presidential aspirations, he believed in percolate up, not trickle down. Too bad he never got much farther than Iowa.

post-20-075715000 1305591169.jpg

Absolutely! I think he's a right-wing asshole and believe his policies are not only wrong, they're dangerous. But I wanted to acknowledge that at least someone agrees with this "return to the Gold Standard" stuff.

:) Same here

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!.. Would I be right in saying, 'First Generation, Corvette Roadster 54-62'?? From what I can see of the rear it looks like a really tidy car!.. Have you got your rear badge?

Anyway, gimme' more man!.. I want to wipe myself all over that thing! :devil:

I'm English, so in spite of having previously owned 'a' 68 Stingray, I'm by no means any kind of American Classic car aficionado, it's not really my area of interest, but older Corvettes do interest me for their utterly fantastic 'retro space age' looks, if nothing else.

This ain't gonna go nuclear, this is gonna turn into the lovefest DT was originally on about!

Seriously impressed man! :hi:

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!.. Would I be right in saying, 'First Generation, Corvette Roadster 54-62'??

Yup, it´s a 1954 with the 6-cylinder Blueflame engine.

I had a -62 and a -88 too. The 1963 Split Window Coupe is imo the nicest one ever.

But my real passion is European classics though.

The E-type, aside the Gullwing, maybe the most beautiful car ever made .

Had a TR6, Spitfire, Sunbeam Tiger and a Jensen Healey, Jensen Interceptor, the list goes on...oh well, those were the days :)

post-342-081419700 1306093404.jpg

SEVENNNNNNNNNNNN!

So happy to finally see you again! I've been asking LOS regulars for the past 2 years if anyone had seen you. Good to see you finally surface.

Hope to see you on here regularly. Any plans to return to LOS soon?

Hey DT, what up!

Yeah, P´doggs board is a good one. I gave Los a miss last year, but hopefully i´ll be back again. Surely you saw daddy Kahuna?

Hey DT, what up!

Yeah, P´doggs board is a good one. I gave Los a miss last year, but hopefully i´ll be back again. Surely you saw daddy Kahuna?

I only saw him once this past trip, he came out of his den for the GOTC but other than that he was a noticeable absence on the scene. I didn't think to ask him about you that night as things were pretty busy.

Yup, it´s a 1954 with the 6-cylinder Blueflame engine.

I had a -62 and a -88 too. The 1963 Split Window Coupe is imo the nicest one ever.

But my real passion is European classics though.

The E-type, aside the Gullwing, maybe the most beautiful car ever made .

Had a TR6, Spitfire, Sunbeam Tiger and a Jensen Healey, Jensen Interceptor, the list goes on...oh well, those were the days :)

Firstly apologies for replying late...

That's one beautiful & cool car man!.. And 'from here' it looks completely original too, even down to the paint job... I knew it was a really early model, probably a 6- cylinder 'Blueflame', but I didn't want to say for sure, because I really scared that I'd look stupid if I was wrong.

Wow... And you've had a 62 as well!.. Now I'm really jealous, that's just about one of the most dynamic looking cars ever built!.. And I completely agree with you about the 63!.. BTW, what the fuck was a man of your obvious good taste & discerning eye doing with an 88?

Funny you mention the E Type's gorgeous, sleeky, sexy, sexy, good looks which were designed by Malcom Sayer, because same as Harley Earl who is the attributed designer of the Corvette, I firmly believe, (In fact I'm certain of it), that they both heavily stole their designs from 'Zaggato' who's sports cars designs were predominantly distinguished by their high muscular front ends... I actually had a really rare 'Zaggato' bodied 'Lancia Fulvia' fast back coupe (the supposed fore runner of the Porches 911 body styling), I had a Mark 2 Jag myself when I was a kid.

Glad to hear your into the European classics, that seems unusual to me for an American?

I was always tempted by ANY 'TR', apart from the TR7, but everyone I knew who'd had one said that they spent more time in garages than out of them... They just seemed to be plain unreliable? What was your experience.

I had the 'Sunbeam Alpine' (fuck, I would have loved a Tiger) & it was one of my first classics too... I actually 'wrote it off running some traffic lights completely pissed out of my head (quite ashamed of it now). Anyway, that wasn't the worst of it, because of my age the price of insurance was astronomical (there wasn't 'Classic car insurance those days), so I forged my mothers signature & put myself down as a second name drive. She went fucking berserk when I told her what I'd done & that I'd just wiped out her no claims bonus!

I looked at a 'Jensen Healey' once, but it was just way too tatty looking inside, it's a shame, I loved the quintessential 70's 'paper fold' exterior. The Interceptor was only ever a dream for me (fantastic, mouth watering thing)!! same as the CV8, but again temperamental?.. What was your experience? BTW, I did have a 'Big Healey', the original 'hairy chested sports car, (pictured) for a short while (unfortunately 'Nok' never really took to it), but anyway, it was a terrifying, archaic thing to drive!

Yeah, as you say, those were the days!.. And I could go on forever too, there's loads more I've owned & smashed up drunk!... And I haven't even touched on my 'pet' niche 'Italian sports cars'. I'm what's termed as an 'Alfista', because I used to predominantly collect Alfas (part of the Alfisti), with Lancias being a close secondary collection.

post-224-017756600 1306562597.jpg