How About A Little Passion You Fu**ing Wankers!

Bloody hell!! I wonder what do-do I would be in if I had written this? I wouldn't dare post it on a public forum but I find so much I agree with here. And Willie never mentioned the Patriot Act, the most insidious piece of legislation ever designed to remove the last rights from supposedly free people. Nor did he mention the chance of Donald Trump running for President... another first-class egotistical idiot who thinks he is so smart that he can run the world.

Here in Oz we just stare in amazement & wonder when those decent Americans are going to stand up & take back their country. And to hell with the huge banks that have bankrupted the place. Shut 'em down, lock up the executives & return their financial system to something sustainable.

I was thrilled to see that Ron Paul is the current front runner for the GOP Presidential nomination. He is the only serving member of Government who gets it. He has been railing against the Federal Reserve & the role the banks have played in destroying the value of the dollar, of the housing market & of driving the world to the brink of financial destruction.

The problem he has is his age & the fact that he will face such huge forces lined up against him. The whole world will be watching & hoping.

And to Kahuna & anyone else who is offended by my post, NO, I do not hate America, I think Americans are some of the most decent people in the world. Now their governments of recent years on the other hand... :mad:

I think most educated American's already agree with this in spirit, if not completely in content. The educational system has been gutted over the past 25 years to remove much in the way of history or understanding about our system of government and civil liberties, and the right wing has thoroughly demonized any group that tries to stand up for our core values like the American Civil LIberties Union. They have helped with their own lynching by taking on high-profile cases that fly in the face of public sentiment, much as a few rotten apples in the union barrel have spoiled the reputation and standing of unions in the minds of most Americans, making the right wing's job of demonizing them that much easier.

The Patriot Act is just yet another example of politicians using fear to grab power and the masses enabling this by willingly giving up their power in order get "security" as promised by those same political forces.

As for Ron Paul - I wanted to vote for him last election but came to see him as a bit of a wing-nut. I think he has some interesting ideas but I'm not sure whether the disease is worse than his cure. I think your pet ideologies about the Federal Reserve and the vast banking conspiracy have merit, but I think it's far simpler to fix than the drastic measures you've espoused in the past. We don't need to return to the Gold Standard. Merely returning to the policies of the 25 years ago and reimposing the Glass-Steagall Act and then breaking up the enormous Mega Banks and Wall Street firms and putting teeth into our financial and corporate watchdogs again would go a long way to righting some of these wrongs.

I agree with 90% of the spirit of your post though, I just continue to disagree with some of your conspiracy theories regarding the Fed Reserve and our fucked up banking system. It really is fucked up though, I'll give you that, and unless something REAL is done, we're heading for another melt down in the next 10-20 years.

• Upvote 1

Yes, but tell us what you really think of the US Willie... :)

I'll wait for Lefty to read your rant and let him respond. It should be innard-resting.

Sorry Sam...but to be objective, a lot of what Willie says is spot on. :(

Oh well, I guess this is anything goes rant thread which has turned political.

Willie, Lung, and Tomcat are all good friends of mine and I hope any ill will that may have been created on this thread doesn't carry over to the ladyboy related areas of the forum.

When someone doesn't toe the party line it means they're really thinking. So Willie's pro-Palistinean posture is not typical of left wingers. And Tomcat's postion of listen to the sceintists re global warming (stated elsewhere, not on this thread) is not typical of right wingers.

Maybe it helps that I think the Palistineans got a raw deal and that climate change is a reality. :D

I'm in the Deep Throat camp here. Seems like we're on the same political wavelegnth.

So we're not about to start censoring here but I'm asking my friends not to hold grudges against each other, OK?

Being pro Palestinian sure ain't typical of right wingers though. So what is it gonna be? I say to be pro Palestinian is to be a humanitarian winger. They got as much or more right to that land as the USA's 51st state, aka Israel.

• Upvote 1

Bloody hell!! I wonder what do-do I would be in if I had written this? I wouldn't dare post it on a public forum but I find so much I agree with here. And Willie never mentioned the Patriot Act, the most insidious piece of legislation ever designed to remove the last rights from supposedly free people. Nor did he mention the chance of Donald Trump running for President... another first-class egotistical idiot who thinks he is so smart that he can run the world.

Here in Oz we just stare in amazement & wonder when those decent Americans are going to stand up & take back their country. And to hell with the huge banks that have bankrupted the place. Shut 'em down, lock up the executives & return their financial system to something sustainable.

I was thrilled to see that Ron Paul is the current front runner for the GOP Presidential nomination. He is the only serving member of Government who gets it. He has been railing against the Federal Reserve & the role the banks have played in destroying the value of the dollar, of the housing market & of driving the world to the brink of financial destruction.

The problem he has is his age & the fact that he will face such huge forces lined up against him. The whole world will be watching & hoping.

And to Kahuna & anyone else who is offended by my post, NO, I do not hate America, I think Americans are some of the most decent people in the world. Now their governments of recent years on the other hand... :mad:

I like Paul mainly for 2 reasons. He would do his best to get the USA out of all the stupid wars we are in. That makes him very unpopular with the Republican National Committee and I think if he got too close to the nomination someone would bump him off. The 2nd thing good about Paul is he realizes the War on Drugs is an exercise in futility and would do his best to legalize weed and end all the nonsense. At least legalize industrial hemp. Our FDA are seemingly incapable of differentiating between one and the other though.

One other Republican who may be worth a good God Damn is the former gov of New Mexico, Gary Johnson, because he is a social liberal, against the war on drugs, etc. He may be too much of an overall libertarian for me though, I need to study him some more.

The best thing about both Paul and Johnson are neither of them are mother fucking goddamned lawyers. If it were up to me, it would be against the law for anyone who ever took a bar exam to be a politician.

• Upvote 1

You lot are a sick fucking bunch of wankers! Especially that Pacman fellow.

Go easy on ol' Paccers. He's got a good heart and that goes a long ways with me.

He is also a sharp dresser, a real dapper dandy compared to most mongers. He'd be good to have on that tv show Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, to give a lot of those straight breeder types advice on how to dress, decorate, choose their wines, etc. I'll bet La Casa de Pacman is an immaculate, tastefully decorated, well maintained villa, so clean you could eat off the floor and see your reflection in all the fixtures.

Not saying Paccie is a queer, just that he has the sensibilities of a good many flamer homo types.

Stop it Lefty... ya killing me... :lol:

I was just about to post my carefully written response to Deepthroat when I saw your last comment. Blimey!

A dapper dandy... :shok: A Queer Eye for the Straight Guy... :shok:

I can see you are in dire need of a good Australian Cabernet Sauvignon... ;)

I agree with 90% of the spirit of your post though, I just continue to disagree with some of your conspiracy theories regarding the Fed Reserve and our fucked up banking system. It really is fucked up though, I'll give you that, and unless something REAL is done, we're heading for another melt down in the next 10-20 years.

Thank you for a balanced reply DT. I am happy with a 90% approval rating (you know what I mean). I honestly believe you will come around on your opinion of the Fed Reserve, though I have zero interest in getting into an online debate about it. Until more facts emerge, we are just banging our own drum for no gain.

I am not so familiar of the push within your education system to cleanse it of uncomfortable references to freedom fighters & civil libertarians. Though given that is one of the basic tactics employed by Totalitarian regimes to gain control of the minds of the youth, it comes as no surprise. One day they will redefine the meaning of 'democracy' so there aren't embarrassing questions asked as to why left wing thinkers have no voice in the US. But that is just idle speculation on my part so please don't take that literally.

I am disappointed to read that you consider Ron Paul a wing-nut. I know he's a bit radical but America really needs a man with the passion & courage to replace the banking system with an entirely different model. And if that means charging people with treason to stop them clogging up the courts with claim & counter-claim, then so be it. And it would take a man who would by definition be considered STARK RAVING MAD.

Whoever took on the job would be sacrificing everything (probably his life as well) to have one shot at tearing down all the rotten corrupt deals that exist between these banks. And if 100 trillion dollars of derivative deals (or is it 500 trillion?) was simply deleted with a stroke of a computer key, it would take nerves of steel to stare down the revolt that would follow. But that is what must be done & that is just for starters. So maybe a wing-nut is the man to do it.

There has to be a gold component to whatever currency comes next. That isn't just my opinion. Things like the Glass-Steagall Act don't work without it. But I don't want to get out of my depth here, this is just a hobby of mine & I don't have a Financial degree or anything. Sorely tempted to study for one though.

Here's a theory of mine (not a conspiracy theory, which are not by definition automatically wrong by the way), the day that the banking system stops because the Fed can no longer provide the major banks with the liquidity to keep trading, there will be no warning, there will no announcement..... it will just happen... BANG... just like that.

And that will be the day that the world stops. No one knows what happens next because no one can visualise it. You mention a 10 to 20 year time frame, I expect this within the next 3 to 5 years. Maybe sooner. And despite the horror scenario that it entails, I think it will be a good thing for everyone. And I don't see bankers leaping out of buildings & lynch mobs descending on 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, I think a lot of people will just be breathing great sighs of relief thinking "thank god that's over".

Here's a favourite quote from Thomas Jefferson:

The central bank is an institution of the most deadly hostility existing against the Principles and form of our Constitution. I am an Enemy to all banks discounting bills or notes for anything but Coin [gold and silver coins]. If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the People of all their Property until their Children will wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered.

Stop it Lefty... ya killing me... :lol:

I was just about to post my carefully written response to Deepthroat when I saw your last comment. Blimey!

A dapper dandy... :shok: A Queer Eye for the Straight Guy... :shok:

I can see you are in dire need of a good Australian Cabernet Sauvignon... ;)

I don't know about that, but some of that wine we drank at Layla Indian Restaurant would be good. ;)

You'll be proud of me. I got my first tailor made clothing item back in March. Denim blue jeans. Khun Lung recommended a nice tailor to me.

Don't stress Mr Lung, (how do you abbreviate that to something friendly? 'Lungy'

No one really knows anyone on a forum until they actually meet. Then they are usually keen to not be seen as an arsehole. In fact, most go out of their way to be downright pleasant. Quite disappointing actually.

Why not try 'uncle', after all, you can't get anymore avuncular than that?..

It seems to me like you're fast becoming our font of wisdom Packman.

Oh... And by the way, from how Khun Lefty's describing you, I think you should maybe trawl back through the 'Ladyboy scene in Thailand' topic & look up the 'So did you think it was all 'Pay for Pleasure'? thread... You may just find much of it interesting, with regarding to dress etiquette?

Fuck me, she does too!.. My, how the other half do live!.. 'In flagrante delicto', yes indeed!

I still reckon Robeson turfed her, that sounded like a definite cover up by the dutiful wife to me!. Anyway, you know what they say... 'You can't keep a good man down"!

I don't know about that, but some of that wine we drank at Layla Indian Restaurant would be good. ;)You'll be proud of me. I got my first tailor made clothing item back in March. Denim blue jeans. Khun Lung recommended a nice tailor to me.

Khun lefty, nice to have you back man, I've missed you... And you've missed all the action too (maybe a good thing)... By the way, good post re: Palestine!

And how are the jeans?.. I know they're awful fucking things while you're trying to wear them in?... Good idea to wash them every chance you get!

Re: Internal, petrol combustion engines: Unfortunately I haven't bumped into my mate yet for some kind of verification, but I did a bit of digging myself & although the general consensus is Benz, (the Brit that I was thinking of was, has I said earlier, working for Daimler in England... So that's close enough to Benz, at any rate).

In view of the above, I think I've got to concede for now that in all probability you're right!.. I say this in spite of the fact that there were plenty of internal combustion engines before, but for the sake of this exercise, let's look purely at ones successfully put into production cars & not just run on benches or put in lawnmowers etc... So you've got my public retraction... Glad to be put right!... Anyway I hope you liked the pics of the 'Real Karl Benz legacy... But I'm not sure that Deepthroat liked it that much?.. has he didn't respond to the thread... Maybe he was stumped for an answer?

1864 - Austrian engineer, Siegfried Marcus*, built a one-cylinder engine with a crude carburettor, and attached his engine to a cart for a rocky 500-foot drive. Several years later, Marcus designed a vehicle that briefly ran at 10 mph that a few historians have considered as the forerunner of the modern automobile by being the world's first gasoline-powered vehicle (however, read conflicting notes below).

1873 - George Brayton, an American engineer, developed an unsuccessful two-stroke kerosene engine (it used two external pumping cylinders). However, it was considered the first safe and practical oil engine.

1866 - German engineers, Eugen Langen and Nikolaus August Otto improved on Lenoir's and de Rochas' designs and invented a more efficient gas engine.

1876 - Nikolaus August Otto invented and later patented a successful four-stroke engine, known as the "Otto cycle".

1876 - The first successful two-stroke engine was invented by Britains Sir Dougald Clerk.

1883 - French engineer, Edouard Delamare-Debouteville, built a single-cylinder four-stroke engine that ran on stove gas. It is not certain if he did indeed build a car, however, Delamare-Debouteville's designs were very advanced for the time - ahead of both Daimler and Benz in some ways at least on paper.

1885 - Gottlieb Daimler invented what is often recognized as the prototype of the modern gas engine - with a vertical cylinder, and with gasoline injected through a carburetor (patented in 1887). Daimler first built a two-wheeled vehicle the "Reitwagen" (Riding Carriage) with this engine and a year later built the world's first four-wheeled motor vehicle.

1886 - On January 29, Karl Benz received the first patent (DRP No. 37435) for a gas-fueled car.

It say gas above, but to the rest of the world... It's petrol :hi:

You good man! I was never a fan of those "casual" pants you like to wear.

Not that I was ever going to challenge your fashion sense... :unsure:

But I would love to be back in the Layla again, that's some fine Indian food... :yahoo:

I kind of thought you liked the food, when you jizzed in your pants while eating the lamb's brains. :rolleyes:

I never heard such orgasmic moans from someone while they were eating food as I did that evening. Of course just sitting with me may have brought some weird kind of homoerotic reaction from you too. That does get to be a common occurrence for me, especially when that horny bastard Siam Sam is nearby. :lolu:

Why not try 'uncle', after all, you can't get anymore avuncular than that?..

It seems to me like you're fast becoming our font of wisdom Packman.

Oh... And by the way, from how Khun Lefty's describing you, I think you should maybe trawl back through the 'Ladyboy scene in Thailand' topic & look up the 'So did you think it was all 'Pay for Pleasure'? thread... You may just find much of it interesting, with regarding to dress etiquette?

Fuck me, she does too!.. My, how the other half do live!.. 'In flagrante delicto', yes indeed!

I still reckon Robeson turfed her, that sounded like a definite cover up by the dutiful wife to me!. Anyway, you know what they say... 'You can't keep a good man down"!

Khun lefty, nice to have you back man, I've missed you... And you've missed all the action too (maybe a good thing)... By the way, good post re: Palestine!

And how are the jeans?.. I know they're awful fucking things while you're trying to wear them in?... Good idea to wash them every chance you get!

Re: Internal, petrol combustion engines: Unfortunately I haven't bumped into my mate yet for some kind of verification, but I did a bit of digging myself & although the general consensus is Benz, (the Brit that I was thinking of was, has I said earlier, working for Daimler in England... So that's close enough to Benz, at any rate).

In view of the above, I think I've got to concede for now that in all probability you're right!.. I say this in spite of the fact that there were plenty of internal combustion engines before, but for the sake of this exercise, let's look purely at ones successfully put into production cars & not just run on benches or put in lawnmowers etc... So you've got my public retraction... Glad to be put right!... Anyway I hope you liked the pics of the 'Real Karl Benz legacy... But I'm not sure that Deepthroat liked it that much?.. has he didn't respond to the thread... Maybe he was stumped for an answer?

1864 - Austrian engineer, Siegfried Marcus*, built a one-cylinder engine with a crude carburettor, and attached his engine to a cart for a rocky 500-foot drive. Several years later, Marcus designed a vehicle that briefly ran at 10 mph that a few historians have considered as the forerunner of the modern automobile by being the world's first gasoline-powered vehicle (however, read conflicting notes below).

1873 - George Brayton, an American engineer, developed an unsuccessful two-stroke kerosene engine (it used two external pumping cylinders). However, it was considered the first safe and practical oil engine.

1866 - German engineers, Eugen Langen and Nikolaus August Otto improved on Lenoir's and de Rochas' designs and invented a more efficient gas engine.

1876 - Nikolaus August Otto invented and later patented a successful four-stroke engine, known as the "Otto cycle".

1876 - The first successful two-stroke engine was invented by Britains Sir Dougald Clerk.

1883 - French engineer, Edouard Delamare-Debouteville, built a single-cylinder four-stroke engine that ran on stove gas. It is not certain if he did indeed build a car, however, Delamare-Debouteville's designs were very advanced for the time - ahead of both Daimler and Benz in some ways at least on paper.

1885 - Gottlieb Daimler invented what is often recognized as the prototype of the modern gas engine - with a vertical cylinder, and with gasoline injected through a carburetor (patented in 1887). Daimler first built a two-wheeled vehicle the "Reitwagen" (Riding Carriage) with this engine and a year later built the world's first four-wheeled motor vehicle.

1886 - On January 29, Karl Benz received the first patent (DRP No. 37435) for a gas-fueled car.

It say gas above, but to the rest of the world... It's petrol :hi:

When it comes to inventing anything, it is hard to one up the Krauts. They have some fine craftsmen in Germany, Austria, et al. No one has ever made better optics than Karl Zeiss, unless it was Ernst Leitz. So that they may have led the way in the field of internal combustion comes as no surprise.

In WW2, they had better fighter planes, better tanks, better artillery, etc. The one area where we Yanks held our own was in infantry weapons. Our typical infantryman packed an M1 Garand, and the typical Kraut packed a M98 Mauser. The Mauser made up into a fine sporting arm but for combat it was woefully lacking when up against the damn good Garand. The Thompson vs the Schmeisser was about a wash except the 45 ACP was a more lethal round than the 9mm. Our platoons all included a BAR man and the BAR was a weapon they couldn't match either. Their tripod or bipod mounted machine guns were equal to our Browning 30 cal air cooled, and their pistols, especially the Walther P38 wasn't far from our 1911 Colt, which is the finest pistol ever made. We had no answer to the Tiger tanks and the Panzer was also superior to our Shermans. If they hadn't ran out of fuel we wudda been hurting.

Also, I think our bombers were better than the Krauts had. The B17 is one of the finest aircraft ever invented. Very tough and very easy to learn to fly. They used to say if you were good at driving a car you could easily learn to fly a B17. Not so much with our other bombers like the B24.

As for your pics of the racing cars, Meredes Benz has developed it is all cool.

They don't necessarily float my boat but I admire the craftsmanship that it tok to create them.

I learned to drive in a Willy's Jeep pickup and my first vehicle was a Toyota Landcruiser. It was a long time before I had other than a 4WD as my primary transportation. Them's the kind of rigs that better suit me. I am all for function and practicality over style and flash.

I didn't realize at first who Willie the Pimp is. I know now. You would be hard pressed to ever find me disagree with that dude. One of the smartest guys I've ever met and one of my favorite bros to meet up with in Thailand. He knows more about Palestine than anyone I know and when it comes to things related, if he says it, I accept it as truth and know he would never steer me wrong.

You know if you are a drinking man, you can get wasted in Phils ever cheaper than Thailand. I bought me a 700 ml bottle of tequila, 180 pesos (about 125 baht) a 700 ml bottle of triple sec, about same cost, even gave me a free shot glass, so I am making margaritas tonight and I'd put them up against Corner Bar's any day, 55555. Kaluha was 900 baht as I recall at Friendshp Market on Pattaya Tai. I can buy it here for 639 pesos or about 425 baht. Vodkas for the same 180 peso cost is no problem either.

If only drugs were as cheap here as in Thailand :mad:

Then when it is time to turn in, I have 2 beautiful Filipinas waiting for me in the bedroom. hehehe. :spiteful:

Homoerotic? :shok:

You ting tong... :rofl:

EDIT: Wow, you have a good memory, those damn lamb brains... something I would never order but the owner bought a sample to our table. They were wonderful. Lamb brain curry... who woulda thunk it? :crazy:

Ahhh, Paccers Paccers Paccers, You know I luv ya man. I know you always mean well and your heart is in the right place, and that goes a long ways with me...

Now if you and my main man Kahuna could kiss and makeup. He and PDogg are my 2 main fucking men when it comes to Thailand I got their backs all the way. If Kahuna or Pdogg said kill, I'd just say where do you want the body deposited? :spiteful: Not to worry though...Kahuna, PDogg, me, we are all skillful lovers more than fighters. :give_rose:

Now if you and my main man Kahuna could kiss and makeup.

I have no issue with Kahuna, I met him towards the end of last year's trip at the PBG & he offered me a drink. We shared a few minutes pleasantries before he escorted his terak home. His ex-terak I read somewhere. I am sure he will find someone just as nice. If he hasn't already.

Now that PDogg on the other hand... a mean brute of a man always looking for trouble...NOT!!

How did I describe him on another forum? Less Pig Dog & more Placid Poodle... :rolleyes:

I have no issue with Kahuna, I met him towards the end of last year's trip at the PBG & he offered me a drink. We shared a few minutes pleasantries before he escorted his terak home. His ex-terak I read somewhere. I am sure he will find someone just as nice. If he hasn't already.

Now that PDogg on the other hand... a mean brute of a man always looking for trouble...NOT!!

How did I describe him on another forum? Less Pig Dog & more Placid Poodle... :rolleyes:

I'm very glad to hear that. Love my Kahuna. He is a cuddly little cheeky monkey and I'm sure he'll be fighting off numerous ladies of the 3rd sex, all vying for his affections.

Placid Poodle?? 555, That's him, unless...he forgets to eat for too long a time. Get him when his blood sugar drops and I'm worried he is gonna get us into trouble. He can get a little irritable under those conditions and liable to say anything, anytime, anywhere. Luckily with many 7's and FamiLEEs nearby, simple solution is get him inside one and buy a juicy wiener or burger moo for him to stuff in his mouth. Then he soon becomes as content and docile as an old Basset Hound curled up in front of a warm fireplace.

When it comes to inventing anything, it is hard to one up the Krauts. They have some fine craftsmen in Germany, Austria, et al. No one has ever made better optics than Karl Zeiss, unless it was Ernst Leitz. So that they may have led the way in the field of internal combustion comes as no surprise.

In WW2, they had better fighter planes, better tanks, better artillery, etc. The one area where we Yanks held our own was in infantry weapons. Our typical infantryman packed an M1 Garand, and the typical Kraut packed a M98 Mauser. The Mauser made up into a fine sporting arm but for combat it was woefully lacking when up against the damn good Garand. The Thompson vs the Schmeisser was about a wash except the 45 ACP was a more lethal round than the 9mm. Our platoons all included a BAR man and the BAR was a weapon they couldn't match either. Their tripod or bipod mounted machine guns were equal to our Browning 30 cal air cooled, and their pistols, especially the Walther P38 wasn't far from our 1911 Colt, which is the finest pistol ever made. We had no answer to the Tiger tanks and the Panzer was also superior to our Shermans. If they hadn't ran out of fuel we wudda been hurting.

Also, I think our bombers were better than the Krauts had. The B17 is one of the finest aircraft ever invented. Very tough and very easy to learn to fly. They used to say if you were good at driving a car you could easily learn to fly a B17. Not so much with our other bombers like the B24.

As for your pics of the racing cars, Meredes Benz has developed it is all cool.

They don't necessarily float my boat but I admire the craftsmanship that it tok to create them.

I learned to drive in a Willy's Jeep pickup and my first vehicle was a Toyota Landcruiser. It was a long time before I had other than a 4WD as my primary transportation. Them's the kind of rigs that better suit me. I am all for function and practicality over style and flash.

I didn't realize at first who Willie the Pimp is. I know now. You would be hard pressed to ever find me disagree with that dude. One of the smartest guys I've ever met and one of my favorite bros to meet up with in Thailand. He knows more about Palestine than anyone I know and when it comes to things related, if he says it, I accept it as truth and know he would never steer me wrong.

You know if you are a drinking man, you can get wasted in Phils ever cheaper than Thailand. I bought me a 700 ml bottle of tequila, 180 pesos (about 125 baht) a 700 ml bottle of triple sec, about same cost, even gave me a free shot glass, so I am making margaritas tonight and I'd put them up against Corner Bar's any day, 55555. Kaluha was 900 baht as I recall at Friendshp Market on Pattaya Tai. I can buy it here for 639 pesos or about 425 baht. Vodkas for the same 180 peso cost is no problem either.

If only drugs were as cheap here as in Thailand :mad:

Then when it is time to turn in, I have 2 beautiful Filipinas waiting for me in the bedroom. hehehe. :spiteful:

Got to agree with you, as much as we Brits don’t like it, the Krauts are superb engineers... And they are superb car builders, in spite of the fact that I haven’t forgiven them for what they did in the war yet, but I’ve had a couple of BMW’s & a Volkswagen over the years & it was stress free driving all the way... Although that said, you just can’t beat the Italians if you want something exciting or the Brits if you want some character or the Americans if you want some muscle.

Like you I like purely practical utility vehicles too, I’ve had an old jeep & an ex ‘Fire brigade’ Land Rover, the fucking thing was bright red!... I tend to like either older, exotic vehicles or completely utility, to the point of being agricultural... It’s what comes in-between that bores me...

Which reminds me of a joke... “How do you know when you’ve been in Thailand too long”?... ‘When you start thinking that a Honda Civics’ a good car’!

I was always lead to believe that Russia optical’s led the way, at least that’s what I was told last time I bought a ‘heavy duty’ pair of sea going binoculars?

Yes, in WW2, the Germans did have better fighter planes, tanks & artillery than the allies, but in our defense, they’d been preparing their war machine for a lot longer, so they head the head start, it was just a case of maintaining it!.. But all this high-end, precision equipment was far too complex, expensive & labor intensive which was alright when they had the man power & recourses, but perilous for them as the war went into the later stages.

If the Germans could have held out longer, Hitler had some incredible ‘wonder weapons’ in the pipeline to inflict on us, which would have made the whole conflict even bloodier, but the end it would not have changed the outcome!

You’re definitely right about the American hand arms & bombers!

If you get a chance, The History channel did a great series a little while ago, ‘secret Aircraft of WW2’... If you can download it I think you’ll find it really interesting. If we ever get a chance to meet up again I’ll put it on a memory stick for you.

And again, yes, you’re correct; you can take what the ‘Pimp’ says to the bank. He talks straight & keeps himself very well informed!

Drugs cheaper in Thailand???.. WTF, last time I was in fucking Pattaya it cost me 800 fucking baht for about a third of a little 3"x4" seal up bag of dope... It’s getting fucking ridiculous out there! :growl:

Nice to hear you’re getting on the piss nice & cheap!

@ lung

Yes the Krauts were preparing longer and we started out with antiquated WWI vintage equipment. Early on you see American soldiers still wearing the WWI helmets and carrying 03A3 Bolt action Springfields. The platoon machine guns were the old water cooled Brownings, which while still lethal, were not overall as good a choice as the later air cooled models. The aforementioned Garand was a great invention. Reliable as can be, accurate, and put out a lot of lead. Quick to reload too. 8 shot clips. The Krauts had to work that bolt every shot, while the GIs could keep the rifle to their shoulder and get off 8 shots before reloading.

I guess they were just coming out with the first jet fighters late in the war, which would have been tough on us for sure.

Versus the Japs, again we had superior infantry arms. Their typical soldiers carried the old bolt action Arisaka that fired the so called 6.5 Jap round. No comparison to us with our Garands and BARs An old boy, ex marine told me a while back, it was more dangerous being the BAR man. The Japs were taught to make the BAR man a primary target, along with flame thrower men and medics.

My old Marine friend fought on Tarawa, Tinian and Saipan and was a BAR man. He had lots of memorabilia. After his wife died and he in his mid 80s and going into an assisted living home, he gave all his old Marine keepsakes to me because he said none of his kids would want it and we used to talk about the war a lot, which he enjoyed. 7-8 years ago, he and his wife made reunion trip to back to Saipan with other members of the 2nd Marines.

Also my dad was Army in the Pacific in WWII. He said the Japs generally were not as good of rifle shots as the Americans were. This can probably be due a little to many American kids getting to taught to shoot .22s when they were 6 or 7 yrs old and hunting from about that age on for squirrels and later on, deer. I used to read how that was the Japs main concern if they ever got to where they could have done a land invasion of the US. Nearly every family had hunting rifles, making the entire country like a militia.

Re: Drugs, hehehe, I was meaning in pharmacies. :p

Yes, it was quite a shock to me as well when I finally met the PDogg upclose and personal.

For such a kind, humble guy on the forums to turn out to be a brutish 300 pound chiseled killing machine in person was one of the greatest shocks my system has ever get. He doesn't talk about his past in black-ops (Navy Seal I believe) but if you ask him to show you the contents of that little satchel he has around his neck - it's scary. Dozens of shriveled severed ears from the corpses of those who have crossed him in the past.

• Upvote 1

Yes, it was quite a shock to me as well when I finally met the PDogg upclose and personal.

For such a kind, humble guy on the forums to turn out to be a brutish 300 pound chiseled killing machine in person was one of the greatest shocks my system has ever get. He doesn't talk about his past in black-ops (Navy Seal I believe) but if you ask him to show you the contents of that little satchel he has around his neck - it's scary. Dozens of shriveled severed ears from the corpses of those who have crossed him in the past.

55555-very good DT-You make him sound like col.kurtz in apocalypse now

More like femboy foreskins in that satchel methinks. :)

555555-plus 1 to both very witty remarks.......

OK-This thread is getting far too familiar and cosy.....how about a bit of controversy FFS.....

Although my father was an Irish(republic) citizen ,he fought for the British army in WW2......he fought with the 8th armyin N.africa...and he was at the salerno landings in Italy (where his regiment took a terrible beating,lots of casualties).....he always said "the yanks won the war".....

discuss.........(light blue touch paper and retire)