Ramblings & Replies

Found a couple pics of my very first car....well, not MY car exactly, but I had the same exact model; a 1965 Chevy Belair. Same light blue color scheme as well.

Bought in 1980 in California, where I was living with my sister at the time. Wasn't quite 18 years old yet, paid 300 bucks for it; still my favorite ride to this day [although the 2000 Caddy STS I had for a few years was pretty sweet :-) ]

The original didn't have those gaudy rims, but it DID have the same style bench-seating; I remember driving that thing to Vegas across the I-15 like it was yesterday.

post-107-0-02006100-1428542277_thumb.jpg

post-107-0-35739300-1428542282_thumb.jpg

My Dad bought a 1965 Chevy Impala fastback. It was jet black and quite something. I have wonderful and fond memories of that car. When my Dad would go to bed I'd sneak out and invite neighborhood female friends to sit in the car.  I felt my first titty in that car. One of the greatest sensations I ever experienced. It was a highlight of tit squeezing for sure and it's never been the same since. 

• Upvote 1

And if y'all still had your 65s and 67 they would be worth somewhere between $15,000 and $30,000...

Is that a good interest rate PD?????????????

Y'all want one....This old Impala is sitting out by the barn at my cousin's ranch.......Can have it for a song........

post-80-0-94034000-1428552732_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Good topic for a new thread perhaps??  My first car was a 1980 DATSUN (yes it was still Datsun back then) 200 SX.  Ran it into the ground!  BTW I have NEVER bought a new car.  The closest I came was last week.  I ran my old car into the ground a Saturn.  They dont make that line anymore and its a pity!!!!  My new car is a 2014 Chevy Cruze that had 21,000 miles when I got it.  So far so good.  Dont drive that much so I dont need a new car.

Some people see cars as some sort of status symbol like most Thais!!!  Even if I had a lot of money I doubt I would get anything flash.

• Upvote 1

My first car as pictured except mine had a black top and black interior.

http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/2013/08/01/hmn_feature3.html

It was phucking beautiful. 400ci but not enough carburetor. The speed odometer went to 150 but I could never manage more than 135. Cost about US$3k in 1972. Probably would be 30k today.

Oh man, i love that one! My first car was  beat up VW Scirocco , had a ton of miles, but it made the PCH from  LA  to SF and (I5) back. Happy days!!

That's the car Kahuna. Is that a 65 or 66? 

Couldn't tell you Sam...I'm a Ford guy...Don't know much about Chevys....

My guess is that it's a 66 with the chrome strip down the side...

I can find out if you want...........

BTW:  My first car was a dark green 1940 Ford split window business coupe........It had opera seats in the back.........

My cousin has one of those too......The irrigation hoses are free.........Their ranch is loaded with old cars and trucks..........

Now I drive an eleven year old Mustang GT with the 4.6L DOHC  V8 with a 5 speed and VERY LOUD cat-back...........

post-80-0-19428400-1428595916_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Beware getting too excited about old cars sitting in barns or not used very often......2 quick stories here;

When my dear ol' Uncle Jim passed on in the 90's my mom was the executrix of his will. He had a beautiful 69 Buick, forget the model but it was mint in every way, always garaged,  and only had something like 50K original miles on it. Since I have lots of siblings it didn't make sense for my mom to pick just one of us to have it, so we had a mini-lottery and we all drew straws.  My oldest brother got the Buick and was happy as a clam - until he proceeded to have nothing but headaches and costly expenditures for that car.  Turns out 80- something year old Uncle Jim had his own driving habits, of course, and once a new driver got behind the wheel things started going to hell.  My brother dumped that car after spending a few grand, he knew it would likely be a money pit and just cut his losses.

When I got married in 1990 my wife's grandmother had a BEAUTIFUL old Impala, a white fastback 2-door model, probably a '68 or '69.  Same as the Buick, she bought it off the showroom floor and was the only person to ever drive it and miles were minimal. Literally one of those "old lady who only drove it to church on Sundays" deals. I was excited because I knew she wouldn't be driving much longer - she was born in the late 1800's - and since my wife was her favorite we would likely get it. And a couple years later she did stop; but when her son, my father-in-law, had it checked out, it turns out the whole under carriage was rotted and rusted to shit. New England winters will do that to a nice car like that. And having a friendly garage who will throw on an inspection sticker every year without looking over the thing didn't help. It was essentially unusable - it would have needed a whole new frame - and I believe it got towed away to a junk yard at that point, for the price of the tow.

Similar Impala below,  what a sweet  ride  :(

post-107-0-50110400-1428704409_thumb.jpg

Same-same but different;

My mom and Dad bought a beautiful Buick LeSabre, again, off the showroom floor, in 1992. Nothing special, but very reliable and IMO was a sweet car, also had a 6-cylinder so very good on gas and it had an awesome 2-tone paint scheme, so that if you looked at it from one angle it would look green, and if you looked at it from another way it would appear to be blue.  Very unique.

Anyway, sadly my step-dad passed a few years later and by around 2008 my mom had to stop driving because she had a stroke.  That Buick was still perfect, had *maybe* 70K on the motor and in typical old-lady style everything was updated and always maintained well at the dealer for premium prices.  My mom put me in charge of selling it, and we all agreed no family member should be able to but it first because of favoritism and all that. The Blue Book price was only 2400; I would have paid twice that for a car I knew was perfect in every way and which I knew had a LOT of life left.

So I put the word out, and my buddy called me the same day and said he knew someone who would take it sight unseen for that price LOL.  My buddy told him how cherry it was, who owned it, etc, and the guy came over the next day and handed me the 2400 and it was gone.  Last I heard that car was well over 150K miles and still doing just fine.

post-107-0-00564400-1428705447_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Does nobody ever use the chatroom on here?

Not sure about this forum, but we tried numerous times to get it going on the old Ladyboy Forums; never really took off.

Ladyboys won't do chat rooms, and most guys don't want to sit around chatting with other LB-chasers.

Just letting you guys know; if you are white, male, and Christian, you better not go outside.

It's now open season on that poor group of fellows here in America these days. Blacks - despite getting killed by cops at an alarming rate - and other minorities? Not so much.  It's us white male Christians who can never catch a break.

post-107-0-70591900-1429042152_thumb.jpg

Seen that clip before Kahuna, it's a classic......"welcome to the year 2, may I get you a table?"   hahaha

O'Reilly has clearly gone off his rocker, finally; white Christian males oppressed?  In America? Huh??

Something like 80% of Americans identify as Christian {I was born as such, as were all my neighbors and schoolmates, of course} and 92% of the senate is as well. The president and the VP, all of the cabinet, more than 80% of the congress, etc..... I mean, I know this guy likes to scare the geriatrics who tune into his show, but come on; who in their right minds would ever say "It's open season on white Christian males" and really mean it?  We have it made!

I don't know that O'Reilly is off his rocker because I have never watched him. I don't watch MSNBC much anymore. I got tired of the constant pounding of the left wing progressive message. Even though I am pretty much in agreement with that side. Constant political messaging burn out I guess. 

Actually, I can't watch O'Reilly or any other FOX show for even 5 minutes; I just get the most outrageous clips from their shows [ and many others] from a site called Mediaite. I get their newsfeed daily and it's good because they crank on ALL the news orgs and they also send up [just] the relevant parts from the previous evening's The Daily Show.  IE; Jon's monologue and one interview.

Great site if you have never been there before;   http://www.mediaite.com/

Regarding that nonsensical comment about white men having a target on their backs, another website where I get a daily newsfeed from was commenting about it today;  the NY Times.  Here's what Charles Blow had to say;

''this faux oppression makes a mockery of very real oppression. Aside from the hilarity of the incongruous spectacle of two incredibly powerful white men grousing about the lowly plight of white men in general is the utter ridiculousness of the idea itself.''

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/16/opinion/charles-blow-woe-of-white-men-again.html?smprod=nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share

• Upvote 1