Arabs are just plain rude

As Dennis Miller would say, "sorry to get off on a rant here, but......"

I usually don't try and disparage a whole nation of people and certainly have never done it with a whole race, but I must say staying in Pattaya has opened my eyes considerably and these are just NOT nice people! I had never really seen or dealt with any Arab people until recently and my opinion is based solely on these interactions.

The place is seemingly overrun now with people from; Oman, Yemen, Kuwait, Iran and the U.A..E.......loud, obnoxious, never apologize or try to be friendly and MAN do they have an attitude!

Easy to spot.....always surly, always with dark skin and a 5 o'clock shadow even if they shaved just an hour ago, dark greasy hair......they will also bump into you or block the elevator without saying a word and have absolutely no manners.

I was staying at the I-Ris hotel for a while last week, a decent place for only 800 baht per night and nice and clean and new, etc.....but 90% of its clientele is Arab {I guess I should have concluded that upon check-in, with the clocks in the lobby all set to Arab capitols and Mecca} and they make extremely loud noises at all hours of day and night, in the hallways and in the lobby, always yelling and not even trying to have the slightest modicum of civility.

I used to think the girls and ladyboys in this city were pretty much tired of hanging around with 50-something white guys from the west who are generally overweight and same as myself nothing special to look at; but jeeesh, we are a bargain compared to these guys! I was sitting waiting for a taxi one day at I-Ris, while 2 Arabs and 2 Thai girls sat across from me maybe 10 feet away. The girls looked like they were making a hostage video and the men just sat and smoked butts and conversed with one another, totally ignoring their 'girlfriends'......at one point one girl said something, I didn't hear what, and the guy says "Don't speak unless you're spoken to".

Huh? Who says that? and what the hell did SHE make of it?

I don't like these people, plain and simple....show me a decent one who I could have a chat and a beer with, someone who could explain the rude and surly behavior of the group as a whole, and I'd be willing to do it.....problem is, I don't think there are any.

• Upvote 2

Talking about their BO, I recall a funny, well funny to me incident with Donneykey one evening. We we coming to the end of Beach road, near the PBG and there were 3 Arab guys in front of us. One had his arm over his mates shoulder as they do when not holding hands, exposing his sweaty armpit plus its accompanying odour.

For some reason it was one of those occasions when they had the portable barriers in place to keep people from drifting out onto the street, but alas in the process corralling us into a herd behind these guys, shuffling along at a snails place. Unfortunately for DK, his nose was exactly at the level of the guy's armpit, and with no room for maneuver he moaned about the harrowing experience for the next hour, once we got away from them. :biggrin:

Hahahahaha! Funny story BB. I have been in those crowds and situations myself. Very painful.

Where I come from people refer to another's smell as "Hum". There is a hum factor scale from 1 to 10. When we went down on a pussies the boys would compare the hum factor of the girls. Of course this is all subjective and a hum factor of 10 for me might be a hum factor of 1 to someone else. In fact I had a friend who got more and more excited with the elevation of the hum factor. The stinkier the pussy the more he went out of his mind. AND he wasn't an Arab!!! Go figure.

Obnoxious race of people, they try and push to the front at shopping counters, ATM'S you name it. I was with a Thai GF a few years ago, she was never in P4P and asked why I kept saying that arabs were smelly fuckers, as she said it up in the distance heading our way was a group of them, I said to her I would prove it to her and told her to walk through the middle of them and breath in.

The look on her face was a picture as she breathed in the putrid stench, she came out the other side holding her nose and said oh my Buddha, she never doubted me again 555.

All it takes is a wash and a bit of manners but sadly the lazy fuckers cant even do that.

Not that simple Flatpack. They really, truly believe that body odour is an asset and not a liability or deterrent. This is not isolated to Arabs. Many cultures are like this. Go to Istanbul and ride the buses and trams. You will upchuck smelling the noxious whiffs of armpits from not only ugly, greasy, hairy men but also from sweet, petite, virginal angels. Some cultures really get off on human HUM. Such is the HUMan condition...

I was staying at the I-Ris hotel for a while last week, a decent place for only 800 baht per night and nice and clean and new, etc.....but 90% of its clientele is Arab {I guess I should have concluded that upon check-in, with the clocks in the lobby all set to Arab capitols and Mecca} and they make extremely loud noises at all hours of day and night, in the hallways and in the lobby, always yelling and not even trying to have the slightest modicum of civility.

JD

I have the same experience on my last trip (jan/feb 2012).

I thought it a good deal new hotel etc etc.

All day all night noise. Almost had a fight about the noise.

So i left I-Ris after a few day's and went back to my favorit area LK Metro/soi Buakaow.

HR

Apparently the Japanese think that Westerners all have BO and this is particularly noticeable when travelling on the subway- but luckily (or so I am reassured), the men find our smell sexually stimulating...

Mind you, I am not sure what Japanese men don't find sexually stimulating

• Upvote 2

i hate them.

just sat down for a foot massage on soi vc when three walked in.

loud, obnoxious etc.....

the girl had just started to clean my feet, when i said "just leave it love, ill leave."

one arab looked at me.?

"look mate, its not relaxing for me to listen to you 3 jabbering away for an hour"

no problem mate, we,ll give you respect.

no problem.

5 minutes later they jabbering started. im fuckin fuming.

but at least i got to walk out.

the poor massage ladies have to listen to them day in day out whilst cleaning and masaging their filthy feet.

fuck me, theres only one thing worse, and that would be to have to shag them.

hang on a minute...........

• Upvote 1

Not only the massage girls, the hookers have to actually have sex with these greaseballs!

Unimaginable horror and I guarantee something they never even considered when they got the call from a "fliend" to come down from Issan to work in the bars here. Last night I saw 2 of 'em with 2 cute females, walking away from Walking street to their rooms and I actually felt bad for the hookers.

When I was at I-Ris, I came down on the elevator one day and I had my suitcase in tow as I was checking out at about 11am. This lift is quite small, maybe 3 normal-sized people or 1 overweight farang with his luggage can fit in there. The door opens in the lobby; 3 greasers start to enter even before I could start to think about getting off; I didn't even say a word, just stood there in disbelief as these a-holes tried to squeeze in instead of letting me off first; simply amazing. Didn't anyone ever teach these people manners and some simple, proper etiquette while they were growing up?

Happy to see I am not the only one who has bad some bad experiences with these people, I was hoping it wasn't just me!

Same situation at the Omni BKK, Jaidee - but you can give them a wider berth there!

I've spent some time in UAE and it's not quite the same on their home turf. Sure, very different habits & manners, but try using the subway in Beijing for 'bad manners ...western style' BO is another thing, just horrible in a confined space. At least the Thais are usually fragrant, what about us?

I have lived in Dubai for a while and like any race there are good ones and bad ones. My personal experience in Dubai was mostly good as long as I wasn't dealing with some spoiled brat. Now in Pattaya -- they're mostly pretty shitty but so is just about everyone else (who isn't into ladyboys).

So, I think if you were to take a sample of farangs from Pattaya and make stereotypes about all of us from it, it wouldn't be particularly positive either.

Which is to say there is adverse selection in Pattaya.

• Upvote 1

Ok, before it gets to be a complete Arab bashing thread, I'll try to let you know a few things.

Water was a very scarce resource in the Arabian peninsula - so if it wasn't for drinking/cooking, which were considered essential for life, then it had less priority. In the old days (which was only 40-50 years ago), they use to only bath once a week or maybe every two weeks. In between times, they used perfume and cologne. Nowadays, water is more available, but still considered a precious resource. The attitude towards bathing/showering hasn't changed much yet. (consider that is only 1 generation or so from the times of scarcity). Of course to other cultures the mix of BO and perfume/colonge is usually a terrible combination - but for Arabs it's perfectly acceptable and understandable.

As for rudeness - having worked in the region for almost 14 years, I can say in their own countries they are not as rude and pushy - although it happens. I think those who can afford to travel outside (and yes there are "poor Arabs") tend to be more rude. As to why - again it has to do with the history of the country. In the past when food and resources were scarce, the only ones who survived were those who pushed their way to the front.

I have met very friendly, polite, gracous Arabs, and also some who were rude obnoxious, arrogant - but the same can be said of any culture/race/religion.

Which is to say there is adverse selection in Pattaya.

An insurance term I'm quite fond of. :help: :help:

Except for that one drunken episode at Family Mart when a guy cut in front of me, I've always gotten along well with Arabs and other Middle Easterners and Lushions too for that matter. I figure we're all here for the same reason and probably of all the Arabs the one's who like me best are probably the guys in Pattaya drinking, shaggin, and smoking hookahs.

RX's comment about not taking showers if there's no water makes lots of sense but then the French don't shower that much either and French girls still smell good, maybe cause they like Jerry Lewis and Mickey Rourke, go figure. :biggrin:

I certainly do remember that "smelly walk" BB. It was unbelievably horrid.

My pet beef with these people is how they treat the girls.

Have you ever been walking along Beach Rd and there they are 4,5 or 6 of 'em circling a girl (trying to get all of them for the price of one I am sure) and the way they grab and grope the girls and pull there arms and the like. It's fucking disgusting, makes me sick.

Respect is not a word in their vocabulary.

Cheers DK

• Upvote 1

zaronxas makes a good point that perhaps the Arabs one encounters in Pattaya are for the most part a reflection of the less desirable, wife beater wearing knuckled dragging farangs that one sees on Soi 7 etc while we stroll from one fine LB establishment to another. I have often felt like holding my nose passing those chaps also.

Well said Donnykey,

Ive witnessed this so many times, one time I was on a baht bus and there were about 5 or 6 of them, one Thai girl who obviously worked in an office and me. They started by trying to talk to her and when she ignored them they were trying to touch her and look up her skirt, I looked at them and said you cant do that guys, whether or not they understood me I dont know but the girl rang the bell and got off, I bet it wasnt even her stop, they just carried on rabbiting to each other and laughing.

Where is a gatling gun when you need one.

Have you ever been walking along Beach Rd and there they are 4,5 or 6 of 'em circling a girl (trying to get all of them for the price of one I am sure) and the way they grab and grope the girls and pull there arms and the like.

A friend of mine likened that behaviour to "kicking the hooves on a second hand camel".

a one liner i will never forget.

• Upvote 1

Ok, before it gets to be a complete Arab bashing thread,

I have met very friendly, polite, gracous Arabs, and also some who were rude obnoxious, arrogant - but the same can be said of any culture/race/religion.

Well said Rxpharm my sentiments entirely .

Anti Arab/Muslim racism seems to in fashion at the moment .

I don't know a lot of Arabs personally but the last few I talked to were Arab women who had been at the forefront of the Egyptian revolution ......... pretty good people ,/hero's in my book .

Pattaya attracts unsavory people , I've spied many European's all overweight and sweating , badly dressed and drunk I never got to close but I'll bet they didn't smell of roses .

• Upvote 2

Ok, before it gets to be a complete Arab bashing thread, I'll try to let you know a few things.

Water was a very scarce resource in the Arabian peninsula - so if it wasn't for drinking/cooking, which were considered essential for life, then it had less priority. In the old days (which was only 40-50 years ago), they use to only bath once a week or maybe every two weeks. In between times, they used perfume and cologne. Nowadays, water is more available, but still considered a precious resource. The attitude towards bathing/showering hasn't changed much yet. (consider that is only 1 generation or so from the times of scarcity). Of course to other cultures the mix of BO and perfume/colonge is usually a terrible combination - but for Arabs it's perfectly acceptable and understandable.

As for rudeness - having worked in the region for almost 14 years, I can say in their own countries they are not as rude and pushy - although it happens. I think those who can afford to travel outside (and yes there are "poor Arabs") tend to be more rude. As to why - again it has to do with the history of the country. In the past when food and resources were scarce, the only ones who survived were those who pushed their way to the front.

Very good point on the way that they act because thats how things used to be.

I can agree with that because if you take English history, we used to go around the world taking over countries, killing the menfolk and fucking their women, and I still feel the need to do that when I go on holiday :biggrin: