Besides the Ladyboys

bumblebee

We all have a common reason for being on a forum like this, our liking for and interest in ladyboys. It is arguably the main reason most of us go to Thailand. But besides the ladyboys, what else do you enjoy most about Los?

Personally I really enjoy the weather, the oppressive heat at times does not bother me too much, when I consider the alternative, winter back home. I am not a huge Thai food connoisseur, but I am partial to a reasonably priced Indian meal, which is easy to find.

So gents, what is your buzz in Los besides the LBs?

History; culture; beauty of their people both physically and otherwise; weather; food; prices and availability of things; coolness of pace; view on the big picture; respect of family and people in general; and the TIT thingy which is increasingly becoming endearing and I am growing fond of.

I am sure the above appreciation comes with age. Perhaps younger folk can only relate to the stuff that attractive me in the first place. But in time that gets spent and the other qualities come into play. Ask any veteran ex-pat leaving there.

After living here for awhile the what your name, where you from thing gets old.

So think u gotta have interests besides sex.

Now some of the stuff I do here, internet, books, TV, is the same as back "home" though the LOS is home now.

Friends are important and what's cool is over here you make firends from different cultures, various ages and different walks off life while back home friends tend to be more homogeneous.

I like Thai food and eat Thai for the majority of my meals.

Some talk about phoney Thai smiles but the power of positive thinking leads to a more harmonious existence. I like getting big smiles from 20 year old girls in TukCom or 7/11.

And though I miss the change of seasons, the weather is great here and enjoy swimming outside all year round.

100 baht massages with a 50 baht tip works for me too!

Thailand is a great place to live!

Nice post, PD.

I naturally enjoy a lot of usual bonuses in Thailand, I'm a beach guy, love snorkeling, and feel serene in a little tiki-hut bar on the beach. I'm mad about spicy Thai food, and its prices. The joys of a good Thai massage. A bit of the shopping.

But for me, more than anything, I think maybe it's the general sense of possibility in the air. Like you can make anything happen. It's kind of hard to define. But whatever you might be in for, the shenanigans you can get into in this country are the kind of stuff the stiffs back at home just can't believe . . . :ph34r:

But for me, more than anything, I think maybe it's the general sense of possibility in the air. Like you can make anything happen. It's kind of hard to define. But whatever you might be in for, the shenanigans you can get into in this country are the kind of stuff the stiffs back at home just can't believe . . . :ph34r:

I agree with a lot of what SiamSam, PD and yourself wrote, but this in particular hit a cord. It's that wonderful feeling when you head out onto the sois with a few 1000 Baht in your pocket, knowing most things are possible. When I worked in Bkk a few years back, it got to the stage where guys would say they weren't going to bother scoring on a particular night, that tells its own story.

• 2 weeks later...

But for me, more than anything, I think maybe it's the general sense of possibility in the air. Like you can make anything happen. It's kind of hard to define.

Hit the nail on the head there FB B)

I like the freedom that comes from it being just an easy place to arrive in and simply cruise along at your own pace. Smiles on the street or in a store or restaurant, new faces to interact with..or just old numbers to try (again) :wub:

• Upvote 1

I like my quiet little soi.

I like having kaew tom gai, my 30 baht breakfast in the early afternoon,on my little soi.

I like the ladyboys that live on my soi.

I like the soi dog who is sleeping in the same spot every day.

I like that my little soi is only minutes from a supermarket and a brisk 10 minute walk from Famous Bar.

I'm incredibly lucky in that I live just down the road from a meditation retreat at the bottom of Doi Suthep, so for me its in the most part serenity, nature, & village folk... But also the opportunity to jump ship from time to time & pop out for some dark, debauched, filthy meaningful, raging sex with developing world peoples on the cheap... :devil:

That & the food of course... Oh & the politness too... Oh, and the Thai smile... And the Opium Dens... And the cerimonies & pagents... And being able to buy my way out of trouble whenever I'm arrested, of course.

I like Soi dogs too

And baby fluffy bunny rabbits

And big fat cuddly elephants... I actually get involved with both the local Dog sanctuary & the Elephant Foundation, that's what really makes living here worthwile for me... the rabbits I just kill & eat! :bbq:

• Upvote 1

[up] Not sure if I know you, Lung, but I like you already! :clapping::friends:

:D

God bles you... I like you too big boy!! :friends:

Love the name, by the way... I just wish I'd have thought of it myself!.. I get called it enough.

You might have known me from another life... who knows??.. I've had a few.

Love the name, by the way... I just wish I'd have thought of it myself!.. I get called it enough.

Cheers. Thanks for noticing... When I first realized I'd be spending some time on these here forums and meeting people, for a couple reasons I thought about changing it. But I'm glad now I kept it...

On another forum a while back I told the story of how I got that name. :pardon: Good times... :D

Cheers. Thanks for noticing... When I first realized I'd be spending some time on these here forums and meeting people, for a couple reasons I thought about changing it. But I'm glad now I kept it...

On another forum a while back I told the story of how I got that name. :pardon: Good times... :D

Come on then, how did you get your name?.. Shit, Ill be asking people to introduce themselves next...

Mines simple, the Thai's can't get their tounges aroung my name in spite of the fact that it's a simple enough typical English/Germanic name, so 'Lung whoever I am' gives em' a laugh, is simple, breaks the ice & won't be forgotton, (The second half is a Thai joke name, BTW)

• 2 weeks later...

I love meeting up with other BM's from this and other forums, its great catching up with them again, having a few beers and a good chinwag as we share a common interest :drinks:

I have met some fantastic guys other the years with whom a lot have become great mates :friends:

• 3 weeks later...

For me it is the total easy way of life and the release from all the hassles and stresses of life back home, the dreaded real-life.

Relaxing with some cool drinks in the company of good friends, both farang and local. Long walks and easy days out with my ladyboy girlfriend and the quiet intimate times alone we share together.

Bliss B)

I love the good cheap food - I can't afford to eat out in the UK other than at McDonalds.

Then there's the weather - love the hot dry weather.

And the tropical plants and animals - the odd snake etc.

The 7-11s.

The sheer number of beautiful young slim girls,

and the fact that they don't look at you as though you were some sort of ancient pervert (which I am).

Then there's the lack of police 'oversight', and no road rage, & no no-go areas full of drunken thugs.

Much less crime generally, and I can ride my motorcy like a loony without trouble.

But I miss libraries.

As an essentially child of the 60's I decided after my first couple of trips to LOS in the early 90's that a stay in Thailand was a current day stand-in for some of the "experimenting", if you know what I'm saying, that I used to enjoy back then. (Yes, I was a scientist in 1967... B) )

Put another way it was a sense of heightened experience where things seemed familiar but aspects were unexpected, exciting or disturbing: the food was meat/veg/rice but the unusual combinations of flavors & the incendiary chiles would often literally take my breath away.... the constant heat & humidity weighed down on me like a physical presence always, and the long breeze-free nights offered no respite (most of my early memories there are nighttime scenes colored by beer & rice whiskey)... grey & green tinged florescent light shadows echoing everywhere....unceasing lines of traffic pulsing down all the main roads at all hours day & night & I would turn into a minor soi & somebody would be leading an elephant towards me... walking into a disco (Angels, or Marine) & seeing a wall to wall mob of beautiful smiling girls in the smoke... meeting the local expats, some of whom could be described as eccentric, criminal?, murky backgrounds & misfits... and then the ladyboys.....

Granted after 16 years I have become acclimated & it's not a psychoactive event now. All those things I mentioned, and more, are taken in stride, more or less, & enjoyed thoroughly, routinely... And there is always something new to contemplate, which is an antidote to my day to day routine back home.

I'm not as complicated or as deep as the rest of you fellas.

For me it's simple.

The abundance and readily available sweet, fresh, clean, moist pussy and/or sweet, fresh, clean, HARD cock.

That's all it took. That's it.

Makes me feel like a 59 Chevy full peddle to the metal on a flat, straight, Arizona blacktop! Hum-dinger.