7/11 Stamps

Pdoggg

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, ChesterH said:

Hope everyone is doing ok.
Been a rubbish "lockdown" everything has flopped. 

Doing fine but miss the ladymen of Patts. When are they opening up for non quarantiners?

I hope they are still there when we can return.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seven said:

Doing fine but miss the ladymen of Patts. When are they opening up for non quarantiners?

I hope they are still there when we can return.

Legit just forget about thailand then one day you will see it's open and grab your suitcase. The amount of "tomorrow, no next week, no, not at all" going on will just drive you, like us,completely crazy. As a small business owner it's literally killing me all the false hope and bs so better to just head down and worry another day 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, ChesterH said:

just forget about thailand then one day you will see it's open and grab your suitcase. The amount of "tomorrow, no next week, no, not at all" going on will just drive you, like us,completely crazy.

For sure. I'm not desperate yet, but come winter I'll be. Unfortunately I think we can forget going this year and probably a good part of next. I didn't think it would take so long but the so called 'outbreak' earlier this year, their smug smile 'we no have covid, only dirty farangs have' and the total incompetence of authorities handling the vaccine rollout came back to bite em in the ass.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, seven said:

Unfortunately I think we can forget going this year and probably a good part of next

As the weeks and months pass by I fear that is indeed the reality of situation.  The optimism I had earlier in the year that I’d be on a plane east by November is slowly fading with each day.  A trip any time this year will now be a nice surprise and a bonus, but in my mind I’m resigned to the reality of another full winter at home.  Maybe early next year…..or are we tired of the misery of hope that maybe, maybe, maybe teases us with by now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bumblebee said:

As the weeks and months pass by I fear that is indeed the reality of situation.  The optimism I had earlier in the year that I’d be on a plane east by November is slowly fading with each day.  A trip any time this year will now be a nice surprise and a bonus, but in my mind I’m resigned to the reality of another full winter at home.  Maybe early next year…..or are we tired of the misery of hope that maybe, maybe, maybe teases us with by now.

don't be depressed BB... you must have a 7-11 near you to help through the dark days?

:biggrin:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

don't be depressed BB... you must have a 7-11 near you to help through the dark days?

No 7/11s in Ireland since 1990 I believe. They were taken over then by Eight-Twelve group which doesn't seem to exist now.

Yes I do really need to get out more. :ph34r:

9 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

Alas no 7 or Family in this neck of the woods.  Our equivalent is called Centra, along with the odd Spar shop scattered around the country. 

3 hours ago, Quietguy said:

No 7/11s in Ireland since 1990 I believe. They were taken over then by Eight-Twelve group which doesn't seem to exist now.

Don’t recall them being here, but perhaps they were in Dublin briefly.  Not heard of that group either, but maybe traded under a different name that I’m more familiar with,  but haven’t linked them.  

7 hours ago, bumblebee said:

Alas no 7 or Family in this neck of the woods.  Our equivalent is called Centra, along with the odd Spar shop scattered around the country. 

ah! i can understand then why you seem a little depressed recently BB. But don't worry, you have a lot going for you to help you through these dark days... after all you are the forums ace snapper [one day you might be even offered a job at the Pattaya Mail ! } 

oops...i'm not helping very much am I?

But never forget that you are a founder member of the Annabelle club.

Not only that claim to fame, but you also learned recently that you could be related to The Cowpoke! Do you recall his story about his great x6 grandpa [ one Seamus O'Poke from County Cork] being in the British army and marrying an Injun' squaw, i believe her name was Dolly two moons , .... something like that anyway.

i think i'm recalling his story more or less accurately...

so not only could you be related to the Cowpoke... you could be related to Tonto too!

ooops, now i'm really not helping am I? Sorry.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

ah! i can understand then why you seem a little depressed recently BB

Must be because I’m missing all you fine chaps after being away for so many months now.  Actually really looking forward to checking out the 7 near the beach out Dongtan way when I eventually get back.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bumblebee said:

Actually really looking forward to checking out the 7 near the beach out Dongtan way 

5 hours ago, Quietguy said:

I think you really only go to los for the 7/11s. :yes:

Perhaps he is referring to 7 inch Dongtaner?

But seriously, the Pratumnak 7/11 with proper tables overlooking the sea is similar in many respects to the Pattaya Beer Garden.

Btw, the tables are out front and people were drinking beer.  Bars still closed and restaurants can't serve booze.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

well, some time back i posted something somewhere about me walking into a 7-11 on beach road jomtien [next to the Now hotel] and being to told to get out extremely rudely, because the temperature check thing inside the door showed me as being on fire or something.

That shop closed down 2 days ago, now emptied, locked and shuttered.

so..there ya go... don't mess with Blind Boy!

• Like 2