95 Pattaya SHA+ Test & Go Hotels

Pdoggg

12 hours ago, duke007 said:

Apparently the WiFi is not that good at the P Plus according to reviews if that's important to you. 

Good point Dukey.   It's a good idea to read as many reviews as possible because something that is important to you may only be touched upon in one or two reviews.  Or sometimes a negative can actually be a positive such as something like, "disgusting, there were many prostitutes loitering 100 yards away from the hotel".  :biggrin:

My friend stayed there on multiple occasions in the last couple of months and he thought the wifi was OK.  It might depend on the room.

9 hours ago, ciobha said:

I stayed at the P Plus back in 2018, and wasn't particularly impressed.

Back in 2018 this hotel was marketed to Chinese tour groups.  Kind of a pity because this is primo monerging location.  Now with no Chinese around it is filled with mongers and I assume most mongers prefer to be around other mongers.

Because it was being marketed to Chinese groups many of the rooms have twin beds so it is important when booking to make sure you are getting a Queen bed and not Twin beds.

Note, one old review said there was a joiner fee. My friend reports that there was definitely not a joiner fee.  He stayed in two different buildings. In the building where reception is your ladyboy de jour can leave her ID if you choose or walk with you straight to the lift.  As it got busier in December they opened one of the other buildings that has a separate entrance with no reception desk so you can avoid the walk of shame.  I doubt the hotel is full with many of the twin bed rooms empty but I suspect that the Queen rooms were full on weekends so they reopened the second of the three buildings.

Much trickier is the question of a joiner fee for threesomes as there are some hotels where if booking a double room the first guest is free but the second is not.  One forum member would email hotels with a question like, "Is there a joiner fee if I bring 4 ladyboys to my room"?  :biggrin:

Regarding the Areca and Reviews, it might be difficult to get a good read on room quality because  it is hard to figure out if someone was staying at the original Areca or the newer Evergreen wing where Ladyboy Water Volleyball is held.

My friend has stayed in the following hotels more than once and never paid more than 600 baht.

P Plus- His favorite if all priced equally.  It is very rare to get a big functional gym at this price point.

Natural Beach Hotel- Lucas did a budget hotel series (less than 500 baht) and rated this numero uno.  It is sometimes available midweek on Agoda for 300 baht.

Neta-Has a 500 baht walk in rate but there was renovation/construction noise on one visit.  

Scandia-He only stayed once. Most should avoid this place.  But it is quite cheap. I think most guys would rather pay a couple of hundred of baht more for a much nicer place though.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Or sometimes a negative can actually be a positive such as something like, "disgusting, there were many prostitutes loitering 100 yards away from the hotel".  :biggrin:

I am going to review my reviews with that criteria :obscene:   :drinks:

• Like 3

You can legally rent condos if staying a month or more but most of the big real estate agents want 6 month contracts.  With Pattaya Sunny Rentals you can rent for one month.  Note, that with some of their condos you would need a motobike but there are some close to the baht bus route.   CCR is listed and that is a favorite of expat bar managers.

https://www.holiday-rentals-pattaya.com/apartmens

Note, these are not Test and Go hotels but this thread evolved into a general lodging thread.

• 1 month later...

My gf is trying to do the trip from Laos to Pattaya legally.

I am trying to book a hotel in Nongkhai that is test and go. Have made a booking but as yet cannot confirm that they do the 1st and 5th day tests. So many unanswered questions that I cannot seem to find answers to. Such as; they mention in googled articles that you must arrive from an airport. She is getting transport from Vientiane!.

Haha, as write this, I see on Google that the Thai Tourism body may change the rules and eliminate the 5th day test. The whole thing is screwy!!!.

How do we figure this out?????.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Woodie said:

How do we figure this out?????.

Sadly, I think we just keep waiting.  I'm hoping for Thailand re-opening in pretty much pre-pandemic form later this year, sometime in the October/November timeframe at the beginning of the traditional high season.  Unless a new virus variant comes along, of course....

• Like 2

• 1 month later...