95 Pattaya SHA+ Test & Go Hotels

Pdoggg

22 minutes ago, BigTel said:

No wonder I haven't commited to a trip just yet.

Same same here... I'm torn between traveling to LOS this month already or waiting until February or March...or maybe even longer, to see what that omicron bitch is doing and how the governments are reacting to it... 

:notfair:

• Like 1

The UK Government has yesterday decreed that people returning to UK from next Tuesday, 7 December, will have to have a PCR test up to 48 hours before their flight leaves.

I know the chances of contracting the virus in Thailand is very low, I think it is something like 0.14% of tourists have tested positive on arrival.

But being a pessimist by nature I have to wonder about what would happen to someone who contracts covid during their stay and tests positive in the 48 hours before their return flight.

Would they have to self isolate for 14 days in a hospital, or could they do that in a hotel? The cost should be covered by travel insurance.

And how could they extend their 30 day visa?

I know, I think too much! 

12 minutes ago, Papa Sam said:

According to the UK government:

"Before you travel to England you must:

book and pay for a COVID-19 PCR test – to be taken after you arrive in England"

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19

Yes they announced that a couple of weeks back, but yesterday they announced it will also be necessary to have a PCR test up to 48 hours before return flight.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59536795

This will be reviewed on 20 December.

Screenshot 2021-12-05 12.33.45.png

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

Yes they announced that a couple of weeks back, but yesterday they announced it will also be necessary to have a PCR test up to 48 hours before return flight.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59536795

This will be reviewed on 20 December.

Screenshot 2021-12-05 12.33.45.png

"Positive test results

If your test result is positive, you must not travel. You must follow local rules and guidance for positive coronavirus cases.

If the result is inconclusive, you must take another test.

British nationals who need consular assistance should contact the nearest consulate, embassy or high commission."

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-for-people-travelling-to-england

In addition to contacting the British embassy in Bangkok, it would probably be wise to contact a doctor. He/she will tell you if you can self-isolate in your condo or if you have to go to a hospital. This will probably be decided on a case-by-case basis:

https://www.lumahealth.com/guides/thailand/covid-19-guide/#pp-toc__heading-anchor-2

• Like 2

Thanks for that Papa Sam, so if I did test positive before return flight it would be up to testing doctor as to whether I would need to isolate and where. They would let you know when they send you test result I guess.

And contact British Consulate who will presumably advise about visa extension.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

So if I did test positive before return flight it would be up to testing doctor as to whether I would need to isolate and where. They would let you know when they send you test result I guess.

They will probably treat you differently depending on whether you're a 95 year old guy grasping for air and asking for oxygen or if you're a 20 year old healthy lad, with booster shot and all that and showing zero symptoms...

You should also contact your health insurance provider and tell them you urgently need a transgender nurse to take care of you during your 14 day quarantine in Thailand for a fast recovery...:party0011:

Seriously: The visa issue I think is important. Not so much for your return trip to the UK perhaps, but for your eventual return to LOS later this year or whenever. Even if the British embassy perhaps cannot help you directly, they should be able to tell you, the taxpayer who pays for their jobs, what to do to get it extended...

I'm sure that everything will work out fine for you. Don't worry toooo much...

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Papa Sam said:

You should also contact your health insurance provider and tell them you urgently need a transgender nurse to take care of you during your 14 day quarantine in Thailand for a fast recovery...:party0011:

I suspect the forum's resident cowpoke already did that considering he is staying at the only Test and Go that houses a ladyboy cabaret! :biggrin:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

I suspect the forum's resident cowpoke already did that :biggrin:

What a coincidence that you should mention that PD!

It was but a few days back that myself and a well-known jomtien resident were discussing the said Cowpoke amongst other things. And, strangely enough we both came to the same conclusion that the Cowpoke has been a little worried, a tad concerned maybe, about the Coronavid bug over the past year or so. I honestly don't know how we both realised that but we did.

And then we remembered that there is some sort of mutation of the bug doing the rounds?

Oh dear, we thought... mayhaps the cowpoke will go into panic mode and become overly concerned about coming to jomtiengrad. So we have decided to ease his fears, ease his worries.

Therefore i would like to, and am very pleased to, announce the formation of The T.C.S.G.. yes, The Cowpoke Support Group!

So Cowpoke rest easy!  should you feel a bit crook while you are here... We will help you out.

Already Quinn [todays birthday boy by the way...] has said the he would be happy to come to your place and give you a sponge bath every day, and also hand-wash your undies, should it be necessary. He may well even more happily forget this but don't worry, i'll remind him if necessary.

i too will help out, i'll feed your hoss, make sure it's looked after.

Emmy has decided to help too... she's putting a hitching post outside the new Emmy's bar.

So QG... no worries.. TCSG are here for you! relax!

we do need a little bit of help, does anyone have a bike puncture repair outfit, just in case QGs hazmat suit gets a hole in it?

• Haha 2

On 11/20/2021 at 8:58 PM, Quietguy said:

The Venue Residence above the Venue Cabaret in the Jomtien Complex has also now been approved as a SHA+ 1 day test & go hotel, prices around 5,000 Baht.

If I am reading this correctly it appears that using this link it appears that Sunshine Hip is only 4100 baht. 

https://www.sunshinehiphotel.com/

Upon release you can us your new smartphone to book a Bolt for about 70 baht to bring you from the Hip to VT7.   Or just give one of the desk clerks 20 baht to book it for you.  You can use the savings for a BJ!    :biggrin:

But the Venue is on the soi with the most femmy mincers in the Pattaya area so perhaps a horny hairless lad can climb up the window and give a knock and your window?

9 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

Already Quinn [todays birthday boy by the way...] has said the he would be happy to come to your place and give you a sponge bath every day,

38 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

Happy Birthday Quinn!

35 minutes ago, BigTel said:

Happy Birthday Quinn  :drinks:

Happy Birthday Quinn!   :drinks:

But for the sponge bath I'll call in one of PG's Birthday Boyz instead.  :db:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, duke007 said:

IMG_20220118_163644.jpg

Obviously Steady Eddy means Soi Diana and not Soi Diane  :wink:

I think a far better deal about a 4-5 minute walk from the Areca is the P Plus Hotel on Soi Xcyte.  Great pool and gym, can access Buakhao either at Chaiyapoon or the original Baby Boom soi, and is often just half the price of the Areca.  So close to action yet so quiet and peaceful.   It's my recommendation for the value for money monger who wants a daily rate instead of a condo.   

P Plus Hotel

pplus.webp