Music, good or bad.

seven

On 8/1/2022 at 6:41 AM, seven said:

The show was amazing. I'm in awe. Greatest rock'n roll band ever.

Set list:

1. Street fighting man 2. Let’s spend the night together 3. Tumbling dice 4. Out of time 5. Out of control 6. Angie 7. You can’t always get what you want 8. Living in a ghost town 9. Honky tonk women 10. You got the silver 11. Connection 12. Miss you 13. Midnight rambler 14. Paint it black 15. Start me up 16. Gimme shelter 17. Jumpin’ Jack Flash Encore 18. Sympathy for the devil 18. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction

Viewed most of the videos of the Stockholm show and the band was on fire.   Greatest Rock and Roll Band!    :party0030:

I was disappointed though in Miss You. It seemed an uninspired performance of one of my favorites.  Angie I never liked as well as just about every ballad by a rock and roll band. Out Of Time they hadn't performed in 50 years.  Wonder why?  My guess is that Mick and Keith didn't write the song and probably the publishing rights were recently purchased by Stones insiders.

Wish they would play Impact Arena in the Big Mango.  Perhaps they could be Blackpink's opening act!     :obscene:

Actually it would be really nice if they played TJ's or Emmy's or be on a flatbed truck outside Delirious! :party:

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

I was disappointed though in Miss You.

Very observant ,PD. Miss you was probably one of the least enthusiastic numbers that night. Shame as its one of my favs too. Start me up and Lets spend the night together,  Out of time  was among the highlights if I had to pick any, but over all it was a great night.

12 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

My guess is that Mick and Keith didn't write the song

I had to look it up.  Chris Farlow's version was a huge hit.

This one was great.

• Like 1

Here you go , music lovers. Bangkok early 2023. Maybe we can bring BBG to this show? I know P Diddy is going.

Blackpink Unveils ‘Born Pink’ Tour Dates, Plots Largest World Tour in the History of a K-Pop Girl Group

Blackpink have shared the tour dates for the forthcoming ‘Born Pink’ world tour, set to launch in October 2022 and wrap in June 2023

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/blackpink-unveils-born-pink-tour-dates-1394087/

The expansive tour will launch on Oct. 15 in Seoul before Blackpink makes their way to Dallas and Houston. November will see the group performing in Atlanta, Hamilton, Chicago, Newark, Los Angeles, and London before making December stops in Barcelona, Cologne, Paris, Berlin, and Amsterdam.

The Born Pink world tour stretches into 2023, picking back up in January with shows in Bangkok, Hong Kong, Riyadh, and Abu Dhabi and stretching through March, May, and June with stops in Jakarta, Manila, Singapore, Melbourne, Sydney, and more. Additional dates are set to be added to the tour schedule at a future date, as well as ticket on-sale information.

blackpink-coachella-koury.jpg.webpJisoo, Jennie, Rosé, and Lisa 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

it's a shame, and i am totally devastated, but i was planning a haircut next january. i'll have to give Pink crack a miss.

Don't despair.  The Pattaya Music Festival is in Jomtien on Friday and Saturday night.  Rumour has it Dylan and the Stones will be performing together. Spoiler alert they will be performing Like A Rolling Stone, Cocksucker Blues, Pattaya Pattaya, The Overstay Song, Country Roads, Hotel California,  Zombie and Jomty Anal Alley.   Dylan will be doing an acoustic version of Gangnam Style. 

Traffic will be quite heavy on Jomty Beach Road all weekend. The stage is by the Night Market on Soi 9.   Not sure if vaccination cards and masks are required or not.  If so Sheriff Grunt will do his usual effective job clasping cuffs on miscreants.

jom12aa.jpegjom13aa.jpeg

• Like 1

Here's this weekend's lineup for the bands on the beach opposite the Night Market at Jomtien Beach Soi  9.   I have no idea which bands are good but my guess is that the bands going on later are more popular.

It probably is difficult to get into the limited seating area unless you go early.   The last time i figured I'd go to the nightmarket to check it out but it was uncomfortably crowded.  Perhaps the best place is on a blanket further down the beach.   Not sure how aggressive the BIB will be enforcing no drinking on the beach.

Friday August 12th

7 p.m. VIOLETTE WAUTIER
8:15 p.m. SARAN X K6Y
9:30 p.m. Youngohm x Younggu x Dimond MQT
10:45 p.m. PMC Grandfather Jan Long Mike

August 13, 2022

7 p.m. WHAL & DOLPH
8:15 p.m. MEAN
9:30 p.m. LIPTA
10:45 p.m. STAMP

Haven't heard of either.

You know its a record breaking summer with endless great concerts and festivals when you basically ignore The Pixies live a week ago.

Another festival next weekend, Way Out West, albeit at the west coast, I'm not going there. Great lineup.

Way-Out-West-2022-Lineup-Poster-3.jpg

Edited by seven
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Instead of going to Medusa, music fans should have flocked to Jomtien!

No incidents like this have happened this summer with hundreds of thousand people attending. 

Nick Cave closed a festival last night. Didn’t go, too far away from here. One artist I have to see before Armageddon.

On 8/10/2022 at 8:07 AM, seven said:

Voodoo Fantasy Lounge residency  2023.

images_blog_posts_Adam-Dupuis_2018_03_12_Screen-Shot-2018-03-12-at-10.43.09-PM.png.webp

Barfine-able? 55

Not the Stones obviously but I wonder why bands with a smaller audience but still very well known don't perform in TH. Especially in a place like Pattaya with its large visitor numbers and expat community. It's a ready-made audience for those bands. I think it's some kind of visa issue which prevents Western musicians performing (you'll see a few in Bangkok but they probably only play for beer money). Only the Filipino musicians seem to get a pass.

It's a big missed opportunity by Thailand IMO. 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Jimmy Cargopants said:

don't perform in TH.

yes, visa issues Jimmy. And also very likely the promoter would vanish with the takings....

some years back on soi 6 Jomtien, before it turned into the massage meat market it became, there used to be the Bristol Bar. Just a little one unit place. Every Sunday the owner held a 'come-one come all' for local expat musicians to jam outside the bar for local charities. A basket was passed around for a collection.  Until one Sunday immigration came along and arrested everyone for working without a visa.

This was about the same time that they also raided  the local Bridge club and detained god knows how many 70-80 year old guys and gals for gambling.

• Like 4

Just back from watching the new Elvis film at the Cinema (for me 100 times better than watching on a TV), heard a lot of good reports on it so went to find out for myself, it was worth paying the £9.50 imho. :good:

Also more enjoyable sat in a very comfortable armchair (with recline) with a pint of Camden Helles and a glass of Rioja. :drinks:

20220818_131241.jpg

20220818_131552.jpg

20220818_132107.jpg

20220818_150838.jpg

20220818_150959.jpg

20220818_155339.jpg

• Like 2

I went to see The Stones last night in my Town,  ok not the real Rolling Stones but a tribute band playing 'The Rolling Stones Story' 

What I particularly liked was the big screen showing events of several era's and info on the songs they were singing, which I thought was a very clever idea and made it all the more interesting. B)

The Band itself I thought were excellent, particularly the girl singer who I thought was fantastic, she would not look out of place as a backing singer for the real Rolling Stones imho. 

All in all a very enjoyable evening and would highly recommend going to see them.  :good:

20220818_162826.jpg

20220819_192201.jpg

20220819_193336.jpg

20220819_215059.jpg

Good to hear this song again, which unfortunately Mick and the crew can't play on Stage anymore. 

• Like 1
On 8/18/2022 at 5:34 PM, duke007 said:

Just back from watching the new Elvis film at the Cinema (for me 100 times better than watching on a TV), heard a lot of good reports on it so went to find out for myself, it was worth paying the £9.50 imho. :good:

Also more enjoyable sat in a very comfortable armchair (with recline) with a pint of Camden Helles and a glass of Rioja. :drinks:

20220818_131241.jpg

20220818_131552.jpg

20220818_132107.jpg

20220818_150838.jpg

20220818_150959.jpg

20220818_155339.jpg

Just watched it this aft and Tom Hanks, brilliant as per. But I can’t think I’ve ever saw him play a bad guy before. Road to Perdition maybe.

Tom Parker was no more a Colonel than the guy who makes chicken, so finger licking good.

• Like 3

I am not really a fan of C and W music. Much too alike song after song. There are exceptions.

I like some of Willie Nelsons and Charlie Rich's efforts.

One of Willie's, "He was a friend of mine", is especially poinient. I think it was written by Bob Dylan?. With the anniversary of Stoolpusher's, (Brett), passing coming up in October. I play it now and again.

Still brings tears to my eyes.

I have booked a trip to Europe coming home via Pattaya. I leave the day before his passing which was Oct 25th.

• Like 2