7/11 Stamps

Pdoggg

On 7/26/2021 at 1:40 PM, Quinn said:

photo-7-eleven-store-located-260nw-1790482106.jpg

It's always sad to see a 7/11  close and doubly so if it has outdoor seating overlooking the sea.  I'm not sure if the 3 story Dongtan 7/11 closure is temporary or permanent.

711d.jpg

• Like 1

If there was a Romscar for Best 7/11, the one at Pratumnak Beach would certainly be a contender with 9 outdoor tables where you quaff 39 baht Leos while playing backgammon without the interference of bargirls.

With Covid restrictions there are no chairs at the tables but at sunset tonight there was a gathering of the great unmasked sitting on the steps drinking beer in a KGB convention of sorts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

If there was a Romscar for Best 7/11, the one at Pratumnak Beach would certainly be a contender with 9 outdoor tables where you quaff 39 baht Leos while playing backgammon without the interference of bargirls.

Sounds like Heaven PD :biggrin:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

20211007_200624_copy_1612x1209.jpg

My favorite 7/11 now has 8 tables outside with just 1 chair per table.   Not sure what happens if you try to move a chair and sit with a friend.   Nice view facing the sea.  I did see some empty beer bottles on the tables.   

The extra hour before curfew feels like Daylight Savings Time.  More people seem to be congregating at restaurants and I see beer bottles in some and mugs in others.   Enforcement seems to be lax but I don't want to end up in the Pattaya Mail.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

20211007_200624_copy_1612x1209.jpg

My favorite 7/11 now has 8 tables outside with just 1 chair per table.   Not sure what happens if you try to move a chair and sit with a friend.   Nice view facing the sea.  I did see some empty beer bottles on the tables.   

The extra hour before curfew feels like Daylight Savings Time.  More people seem to be congregating at restaurants and I see beer bottles in some and mugs in others.   Enforcement seems to be lax but I don't want to end up in the Pattaya Mail.

'My favorite 7/11 now has 8 tables outside with just 1 chair per table.   Not sure what happens if you try to move a chair and sit with a friend.   Nice view facing the sea.  I did see some empty beer bottles on the tables.   

The extra hour before curfew feels like Daylight Savings Time.  More people seem to be congregating at restaurants and I see beer bottles in some and mugs in others.   Enforcement seems to be lax but I don't want to end up in the Pattaya Mail'

As exhilarating as that may sound PD, it still doesn't have me wanting to rush and travel the 6500 miles to experience. :biggrin:

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, duke007 said:

As exhilarating as that may sound PD, it still doesn't have me wanting to rush and travel the 6500 miles to experience. :biggrin:

So I take it you will not be going to Chanthaburi province which has just banned all alcohol sales.  Think Famous had a Road Trip there.     :biggrin:

• Haha 1