It’s Very Quiet Here

ArchieBunker

Mods please feel free to move this post if you see fit. 

been in Bangkok a few days now. Have only seen it this quiet during holidays. There a lot less traffic and the couple of Times I have been on the bts /mrt. 

Sat yesterday  at my perch in paragon Right outside of Au non pain. It’s a great place to people watch and the watch some of the talent both local and farang pass by.It was much quieter than usual.

Also this morning I saw some of the worst pollution or smog here in Bangkok I’ve ever seen.

I haven’t been out and about to the bars here are usually don’t go out that much but I am sure it’s definitely a buyers market. There’s a lot less people about. I would say it’s actually a good time to visit Bangkok and I’m sure pattaya  is probably the same.

Make of that what you will I know this information is anecdotal but I have to say it’s a lot quieter here than it should be.

• Like 1

We had 5 days in bkk ( got back to patts Sunday ) and thought the same ,I had not been there for about 2 years and saw a few changes around the traps was very pleased to get back to Pattaya . We had a quick walk through NEP and it was quiet , probably because of no Chinese it was a little more crowded in Cowboy but not like other years. 

• Like 1

When I was in there 4 months ago.. it looked empty at the start of high season. A lot of bars, hotels and buildings were for sale.

Pattaya was a ghost town.. you could fit all the mongers in Pattaya into the etihad and still have the entire upper level and maybe more empty! :(

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ashoka said:

When I was in there 4 months ago.. it looked empty at the start of high season. A lot of bars, hotels and buildings were for sale.

Pattaya was a ghost town.. you could fit all the mongers in Pattaya into the etihad and still have the entire upper level and maybe more empty! :(

Bit like for a melb club vrs freo 5555 

• Like 1

A trip to Phuket last week showed that it’s also quiet there.

Driving around the island too was a pleasure and easy to get about. The main feed road from Sarasin bridge to Rawai had traffic but no jams of the past and thankfully the under passes are all operational.

Patong had foot traffic but no one really buying the extras. Talking to a few Ladyboys they all said the same and very little customers.

Some I know have tried the other tourist places for better luck but only found the grass isn’t greener, and the cows shit on that too.

Buyers market for sure now

• Like 4