Coronavirus

seven

A message to Duke

Hope you are getting better

this virus is no joke my daughter (40) had it and said she never felt so bad and she has had some bad health problems

I keep thinking about all the people on here and the other forum who did not beleive it - just a little flu - I shall be flying in April nothing to fear etc. etc., wonder what they are saying now.

I have spent 12 weeks on my own only going shopping for food. Yes I have been frightened, if I get it with my health problems I aint coming back from hospital.

So you get well Mr. Duke, need you back on the forum so I can piss you off and get you mad

My best wishes for a speedy recovery

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Annat said:

A message to Duke

this virus is no joke my daughter (40) had it and said she never felt so bad and she has had some bad health problems

I keep thinking about all the people on here and the other forum who did not beleive it - just a little flu - I shall be flying in April nothing to fear etc. etc., wonder what they are saying now.

I have spent 12 weeks on my own only going shopping for food. Yes I have been frightened, if I get it with my health problems I aint coming back from hospital.

So you get well Mr. Duke, need you back on the forum so I can piss you off and get you mad

Did I miss something?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Annat said:

A message to Duke

Perhaps I should have added that the guy in my post was not me to avoid any confusion, he is a guy named Benjamin (Baldy) whose Vlogs I have posted in this thread below (I shall add the rest soon :biggrin:

http://www.ladyboyreview.com/index.php?/topic/8618-an-englishman-in-the-soviet-union/

As for me getting better, thanks for the best wishes but I can assure you Annat I am not ill and that I have a Covid-19 Test every week due to my work (if you can call it work B)), in fact everything is going exceedingly well in my World :good:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, duke007 said:

Perhaps I should have added that the guy in my post was not me to avoid any confusion, he is a guy named Benjamin (Baldy) whose Vlogs I have posted in this thread below (I shall add the rest soon :biggrin:

http://www.ladyboyreview.com/index.php?/topic/8618-an-englishman-in-the-soviet-union/

As for me getting better, thanks for the best wishes but I can assure you Annat I am not ill and that I have a Covid-19 Test every week due to my work (if you can call it work B)), in fact everything is going exceedingly well in my World :good:

I personally know of 3 people who have died and 5 who have gotten it. 1 of the 3 that passed away was a person in our ladyboy scene and simply wished to remain anonymous on forums. Met with him quite a few times as our favorite ladyboys were best friends.

The virus is not a joke and to not be underestimated. Hell one of the 8 is the person who does my taxes every year.

23 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Maybe he'll return to Costco with an AK47 to assert his 2nd amendment rights?  :dwarf:

maybe someone else into 2nd amendment rights will fill him fulla lead and continue shopping.  Where does he live? Texas? (where I first heard "he needs killin") :)

:sword:

On 7/8/2020 at 7:37 AM, globetrotter1 said:

I think the guy is just a loose canon in general and probably flips out about the smallest things on a regular basis, just happened to be the mask on that day

I dont see his camera anywhere?.

it occurs to me that the "holier than thou, hipster, self righteous, etc." tribe is not above, instigating such shit, smartphone poised set at video and ready to post, showing just how wonderful and concerned and caring they are...and how bad and evil workin stiffs, republican types et all are. This shit is how "fake" news starts.

might be that guy in the back of a mob whose the first loud voice yelling LYNCH HIM!  no personal accountability, and like to stir shit. If wacko Costco guy gets jailed you can be sure miss do gooder cam will post that she got a bad one off the streets.

https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/readers-submissions/2020/06/quarantined-by-the-government-in-thailand/

I found this interesting as the gov is already quarantining near the airport but laughable as HELL with multiple "tests" (apparently two came at one location an hour apart or some such) and rampant temperature checking.  Crap. One could be infected with COVID the day of the flight and even testing would not catch it I believe. CERTAINLY no farking temp check will be of any use. Geez. Again I lament that such an interesting place to be is run by provincial boobs with a 14th century mindset, oh and the military, but then I repeat myself.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, globetrotter1 said:

Telephoto zoom lens of course and size always matters 

I always thought so myself too:

Camera Gear

Just kidding I managed to condense down to:

Nikon D600 FX w/ 35mm f/1.8 FX & 85mm f/1.8 FX

Nikon D7200 DX w/ 10-24.

I tried 24-70 f/2.8 and 70-200 f/2.8 but they're too heavy.

My last vacation last year I was surprised.. I took like 6000 shots on my phone and 2000 on my dslrs. My fav ladyboy took like 600 shots but like a 1000 videos.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Quietguy said:

Sadly a lot of people do, encouraged by 'leaders' like Trump. And may pay the ultimate price like this guy. Unfortunately they are also going to infect others.

Screenshot 2020-07-11 at 06.41.45 - Edited.png

This is the more entertaining version:

• Like 1

It's a real shame that mask wearing has become politicised on the USA.

Lockdowns are asking allot of people.  Mask wearing is not particularly onerous perhaps akin to motorcycle helmets or baby seats in cars.

But I guess I understand how people might feel that mask wearing is bullshit since that's he way I feel about mask wearing in Thailand.   I wear a mask so as not to be a rude farang.  I do lower the mask if I walking in an unpopulated area. Maybe hard for you to believe that there are unpopulated areas in Pattaya but quite common nowadays especially at night.    If I believed covid existed here then the lowering of the mask is extremely counterproductive since if covid particles landed on your chin once you pull it back up the mask you would be breathing in the chin particles.  Never really thought of that before until someone pointed it out today.  

If I had to quantify risk, I think sitting at an outdoor beer bar that I'm more at risk for dengue than covid.  Riding a motobike home from the bar I would rate as definitely riskier.  With no reported domestic cases of Covid-19 in Thailand for six weeks I feel pretty safe.  What would make me alter my risk assessment?   A couple of domestic cases.  If there was even one new case in Pattaya, I might significantly change my behavior.   Re-opening borders is the big risk factor IMO.    I'm thinking it is safer in Thailand now than it will be in the future so perhaps I should have my last gasp of freedom and hopefully not end up like Richard Rose III with my last gasp of oxygen. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ashoka said:

Somewhat like bugchasing I reckon.

Bugchasing, also known in slang as charging, is a practice, typically among gay men or men who have sex with men, of pursuing sexual activity with HIV-positive individuals in order to contract HIV. Individuals engaged in this activity are referred to as bugchasers. Bugchasers seek sexual partners who are HIV-positive for the purpose of having unprotected sex and becoming HIV-positive; giftgivers are HIV-positive individuals who comply with the bugchasers' efforts to become infected with HIV.

9 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

It's a real shame that mask wearing has become politicised on the USA.

Lockdowns are asking allot of people.  Mask wearing is not particularly onerous perhaps akin to motorcycle helmets or baby seats in cars.

But I guess I understand how people might feel that mask wearing is bullshit since that's he way I feel about mask wearing in Thailand.   I wear a mask so as not to be a rude farang.  I do lower the mask if I walking in an unpopulated area. Maybe hard for you to believe that there are unpopulated areas in Pattaya but quite common nowadays especially at night.    If I believed covid existed here then the lowering of the mask is extremely counterproductive since if covid particles landed on your chin once you pull it back up the mask you would be breathing in the chin particles.  Never really thought of that before until someone pointed it out today.  

If I had to quantify risk, I think sitting at an outdoor beer bar that I'm more at risk for dengue than covid.  Riding a motobike home from the bar I would rate as definitely riskier.  With no reported domestic cases of Covid-19 in Thailand for six weeks I feel pretty safe.  What would make me alter my risk assessment?   A couple of domestic cases.  If there was even one new case in Pattaya, I might significantly change my behavior.   Re-opening borders is the big risk factor IMO.    I'm thinking it is safer in Thailand now than it will be in the future so perhaps I should have my last gasp of freedom and hopefully not end up like Richard Rose III with my last gasp of oxygen. 

While living in Issan the number of mosquitoes was 20 fold what it was in Pattaya. It has something to do with the ocean being nearby as mosquitoes like fresh water not salt water and there is no river nearby.

Speaking of which there are actually more mosquitoes in Bangkok than in Pattaya even though the water of the Chao Phraya and the canals is really putrid.

When I lived in patts for a few years 3 things that drove me nuts more than the open sewers were..

1. heat during daytime (many a time thought I would have a heatstroke)

2. the traffic (saw many a drunk thai/ farang get into car accidents.. even saw 1 guy get decapitated in front of me by coming under the tires of a bus)

3. farang landlords (where do I begin)

Dengue I didn't worry about as much after a few years.

Issan I lived for 6 months and I gave up.. dengue was a big factor but the #1 deal breaker was I saw a farang have a accident and I tried to help him but translating instructions into thai for the sawang booriboon was an exercise in futility. I knew if I was going to stay in LOS I needed somewhere where atleast the doctors and nurses could speak enough english and me enough thai that we could communicate. Chances of that are a lot better in Bangkok/ Pattaya I'd imagine.

• Like 2

Covid-19 is like a runaway train in the Sunbelt.  Florida reported 50% more new cases on Sunday than on Saturday. If this exponential growth continues there would be 17 times the number of current cases in a week.  So Florida would have 4 million cases in just one week.

Of course, this won't happen because people will change their behavior and hunker down but it's scary out there.   I'm glad I'm living in Thailand where the government too drastic steps early which contained the pandemic.  We should remain safe as long as the border remains closed.    

34 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Covid-19 is like a runaway train in the Sunbelt.

There goes the theory that warn climate stops the spreading.

34 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

I'm glad I'm living in Thailand where the government too drastic steps early which contained the pandemic.  We should remain safe as long as the border remains closed.

So the pandemic is contained in Thailand? Why not keep the borders closed indefinite or maybe forever? New Zeeland managed surely Thailand can as well. Are the chinese allowed into Thailand now?