Any Ladyboy Scene 2017 Predictions?

Stroker

So does anyone have any predictions for the coming year in the scene.  Will new lb bars open, what ones may close, which will be the most popular, will the Filipinsas make a comeback, will Line and Thaifriendly damage more bar fines etc...what say you guys for the next 12 months?

I dont think ThaiFriendly will affect the bar scene that much... its to hit and miss if you ask me

I had a new date 4 days ago and she could not make it and tonight i get a LINE message , "cant come out but send 3000 please as have no money " .......  Wow, i mean ,i never even met this bitch and she lives in Bangkok but wants me to transfer the bahts and no meet up.

Cascades to close by July is my prediction

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, redrock said:

Jomtien Complex will gain in popularity and become a good spot for LBs.  

I've watched this place steadily pick up over the past few years.   It's never quite made it, but it'll happen.

We'll have to hit it in the coming weeks to check if your foresight is on the mark.

55 minutes ago, globetrotter said:

is it mostly gay boys now? 

Always has been, but not been there for a while so Redrock must have insight.

I was in Roadhouse the other day, first time I'd been out Jomtien way in a long time. A pretty ghastly gaggle of LBs in there, almost as if someone had rounded up some Beach Road dregs and put them in a bar as a twisted joke.

I don't reckon there will be any new locations in Patts for 2017 but hopefully the others will survive.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, bumblebee said:

We'll have to hit it in the coming weeks to check if your foresight is on the mark.

Always has been, but not been there for a while so Redrock must have insight.

No real insight lads. I just get a feeling it's prime for it.  The Venue is a long standing ladyboy cabaret show which always seemed a bit too upmarket for the area. But with a few nicer bars and  hotels in the complex the atmosphere is changing. The place is slowly but surely getting a make-over.

Still definitely a gay area, and I know many lads feel uncomfortable with that, but many ladyboys start off as mincers until they see the potential in dressing like girls. And I've noticed more of that around Jomtien Complex.

There are loads of gay lads that are willing to dress up for a one off occasion.   And some are so sexy you wonder why they're not doing it every night..

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, redrock said:

No real insight lads. I just get a feeling it's prime for it.  The Venue is a long standing ladyboy cabaret show which always seemed a bit too upmarket for the area. But with a few nicer bars and  hotels in the complex the atmosphere is changing. The place is slowly but surely getting a make-over.

Still definitely a gay area, and I know many lads feel uncomfortable with that, but many ladyboys start off as mincers until they see the potential in dressing like girls. And I've noticed more of that around Jomtien Complex.

There are loads of gay lads that are willing to dress up for a one off occasion.   And some are so sexy you wonder why they're not doing it every night..

I spent some time in there in November and met up with BigTel in the Fantasy Bar a few times,

I also stayed at the Zing Resort (located in the Complex) for a couple of nights, which is quite good value at £25 per night

Never made it to the Venue but the bars on that side of the complex were quite full of "mincers" :biggrin:

btw...The Fantasy Bar is a "normal" bar and bottled Beers priced at 50 baht per bottle and Cocktails for 80 baht, it is up for sale (don't know why) at the moment

fant2.jpg

fant3.jpg

fant.jpg

fant1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Yeah, the Zing Resort is the dog's balls in my opinion.  It's a sign of what's happening around Jomtien Complex.  It used to be a right poofter hotel. but now it's quite mainstream. I saw falang couples, gay couples, guys with ladyboys, everything really.

I liked the feel of the place.  Great value for money.

• Upvote 1

When I was in Roadhouse, the LB I spoke to did say they were all heading to Jomtien Complex to see in 2017. She said they had "everything" there for Lady....Ladyboy....Gay Man. I had a walk through on the way back before I got the songtaew, seemed mostly gay bars and gay massages around the area. Saw a lot of older Thai Guys and Muscle Mary's sitting outside the massage joints. Nothing very femm-ish about, still early evening mind you.

See crude map, the Blue line is the path the Songtaews take going to and from the beach.

jomtien complex.JPG

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, globetrotter said:

funny I always thought it was   way past Rompho  not before it 

On Kendo's map (above) you can enter Jomtien Complex at the two entrances opposite Teatro Cabaret Show and the Norwegian Properties Group, you can also enter the Complex where the aptly named Dick's Cafe is located

• Upvote 1

I used to eat in a restaurant in the Jomtien Complex on my trips to Roadhouse, Rompho, etc. It is mostly a gay area so didn't stick around long. But some LB bars have come and gone in the complex over the years. Nothing LB wise seems to last. The Venue has some LB cabaret shows but it is also mostly gay. A friend of mine used to love the place.  http://www.thevenuejomtien.com/

• Upvote 1

There's at least one bar in Jomtien Complex that holds a drag night - Mixer Bar.  Nothing special but it turned my head a few times as I walked past.  There were times I'd walk past and see a few mincers getting ready for the show.  Little bit of make up, but obviously not a ladyboy.  That made my cock twitch a bit.

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, redrock said:

There's at least one bar in Jomtien Complex that holds a drag night - Mixer Bar.  Nothing special but it turned my head a few times as I walked past.  There were times I'd walk past and see a few mincers getting ready for the show.  Little bit of make up, but obviously not a ladyboy. That made my cock twitch a bit

Lol