First Day Back Routine: Do You Have One?

Stroker

So it's your first day back in SE Asia and you have been thinking about this moment on and off since you left for home on your previous trip.  Do you have a first day routine of things you like to do so get into the grove of being back for another adventure?

• Upvote 1

The very first thing that I do is see if the wifi is working properly.

Then I take a shower.

Then I slowly unpack the luggage I brought with me.

The next couple days are spent taking care of things that need to be done such as banking, immigration and slowly unpacking stuff in storage.

Boring, I know. If I was only in Thailand for two weeks I might rush down to Soi Half A Dozen.

• Upvote 1

The flights I have available to me usually either arrive in BKK around noon or midnight. If I have a noon arrival I take my time to unpack, get shampoo, etc and get organized. If I arrive around midnight I dart through the shower and hit the streets ASAP and get into whatever mischief I can.

• Upvote 3

Mr T Taxi,  arrive at my place, unpack, shower, out to 7/11 purchase Sim Card, down to Sunee plate of Khao man gai  (good taste glogetrotter) ,  whilst partaking in a fine Carafe of Red Wine,  followed by G&T's  "saying to myself, it doesn't get any better than this ", out into walking st, out and about around town and finally knocking on Big Eileen's door where I am sure She will roger me senseless and I will have the biggest smile on my face then walking back to my place, thinking "yep I'm back"  :biggrin:  :drinks:

• Upvote 4

That has just cracked me up amogo  :laugh:

Shit I just realized how I spelt poor Globetrotters name,  sorry about that.   Dave now I am giggling away here as I think oh god here we go again, meet you at the Morket.   8P

Shit I just realized how I spelt poor Globetrotters name,  sorry about that.   Dave now I am giggling away here as I think oh god here we go again, meet you at the Morket.   8P

As it happens I have just got back from having a brockfast at the Cafe, the girl behind the counter said they had no mushrooms and would I like something extra instead so I plumped for egg not realising there were already two, so I have just had three eggs and what seemed like a full tin of beans, I have a feeling my arse will be backfiring like a 650 Norton shortly  :blush:  

finally knocking on Big Eileen's door where I am sure She will roger me senseless and I will have the biggest smile on my face then walking back to my place, thinking "yep I'm back"  

Yes you most definitely are back after that liaison ,certainly a novel approach to get you over the jet lag  :moil:

• Upvote 1

Yes you most definitely are back after that liaison ,certainly a novel approach to get you over the jet lag  :moil:

yep, you can't beat a good drilling   :biggrin:

While her poor mother is relegated to the balcony to enjoy the last downpour of the late wet season.

I felt bad about that for atleast 1or 2 seconds then I was into it   :biggrin:   Eileen that is, not Her Mum   8P

• Upvote 1

Yeah, always straight to the nearest 7-11 for toiletries, which I never bring with me.  The reassuring "bing-bong" as I walk in for the first time always makes me smile.

It always reminds me of the first two beats of the old war classic - "Hitler has only got one ball..."  I often whistle that while I'm doing my shopping.

Here's mine.

Arrive early at hotel, usually about 8AM, tired as hell. I can't sleep on the plane so by this time I have been in action for 18 hours. Do a quick unpacking. Change to "summer clothes". Drink a couple of cokes outside and have a smoke. Take a nap and wake up somewhere around 1PM. Head out with half my cash to see which office has the best exchange rate and do business there. Off to Villa market for supplies. Back to the hotel and fill the fridge. More relax time outside with some music, drink and smoke. Maybe a short nap again. By this time it's dark and I do the usual round in town to meet and greet people at bars and whatnot that I have become friends with during my earlier trips here.

If I have the energy at the end of that walkabout I find some company for the night.

And that's about it.

• Upvote 1

...The reassuring "bing-bong" as I walk in for the first time always makes me smile.

It always reminds me of the first two beats of the old war classic - "Hitler has only got one ball..."  I often whistle that while I'm doing my shopping.

I just love the highly irritating 7-11 "bing-bongs". :biggrin: 

It's funny but I use to have this little young sweetheart call me from time to time. I would ask her what she was doing and she would always tell me she was studying or at home resting and just waiting for me to return to Thailand to be with her. However during these conversations  I could hear the repeated "bing-bongs" in the background.  

Yeah, always straight to the nearest 7-11 for toiletries, which I never bring with me. The reassuring "bing-bong" as I walk in for the first time always makes me smile.

I just love the highly irritating 7-11 "bing-bongs". :biggrin:

A few trips ago I get back to the US and go to meet friends at a local bar. I make a big noise entering the bar as I try to enter the bar by pulling the door outward. One of my friends says "Open doors much? <grin>". To which I reply "In Thailand the doors open both ways". :blush:   Sorry for thread phuck.