It's A Great Day For The Irish

pdogg

I watched the Italy v England game, the national Anthems for the Wales v Scotland game (always makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end when I hear the Welsh National anthem sang at full pelt by a stadium full of Taffs.... and Im not Welsh :biggrin: )

I then watched the France v Ireland game hoping for a French win (and its not often you hear me say that) because I knew the Irish would win the Six Nations due to their superior + points tally in their previous games even if they ended up with the same points,

My heart was in my mouth in the last minute went France went over for a try but I kinda knew right away it would be cancelled due a forward pass and it was -_- ....mai pen rai

Anyways those of you in Pattaya tomorrow should not forget to attend this particular Paddy Day Celebration :happy0065:

post-136-0-17079100-1394962395_thumb.jpg

I then watched the France v Ireland game hoping for a French win (and its not often you hear me say that) because I knew the Irish would win the Six Nations due to their superior + points tally in their previous games even if they ended up with the same points,

My heart was in my mouth in the last minute went France went over for a try but I kinda knew right away it would be cancelled due a forward pass and it was -_- ....mai pen rai

Anyways those of you in Pattaya tomorrow should not forget to attend this particular Paddy Day Celebration :happy0065:

It was a heart stopping moment alright Dave and all the Irish guys in the Sin Bin bar looked at each other and were thinking here we go again, losing something right at the end.  It's a very Irish thing, subconsciously we just feel we are never going to win, something always bites us in the ass at the last minute.  But hey the ref called it right and it was a fair win, no luck about it.  There were no English supporters on the premises but I did mention to Williethepimp that it must be weird to be somewhere where all the English guys are shouting for a French team.

There is a parade tomorrow starting at Alcazar Cabaret (mmm...)  I am reading conflicting start times, one says 2 another 3 pm and yet another time at 11 am which seems a tad early.  The route will be down Soi 4, along Beach Road and end at the school on the corner of Second Road and Pattaya Tai.

Maybe someone can confirm a definite start time.

I'll be there....I was on the first one 3(?) years ago.......the crazy guy with the golden bike even showed up with his bike bedecked in union jacks-55555....Where else would you get a paddy's day parade with union jacks except Thailand-????...There was even a russian couple in front of me on the March....I asked them had they ever been to Ireland-No,they replied,but they loved Guinness!.....You couldn't make it up.....

• Upvote 1

I'll be there....I was on the first one 3(?) years ago.......the crazy guy with the golden bike even showed up with his bike bedecked in union jacks-55555....Where else would you get a paddy's day parade with union jacks except Thailand-????...There was even a russian couple in front of me on the March....I asked them had they ever been to Ireland-No,they replied,but they loved Guinness!.....You couldn't make it up.....

So do I, and Ive just necked 6 pints of the black stuff after Man United's 0-3 home defeat to our biggest rivals Liverpool to console myself

any excuse eh!  :biggrin:

If your in Bangkok I am sure there will be a few pints of the black stuff being supped today at these OIrish Bars, I'll make do with a few in my local here in Blighty later tonight  Beer1.gif

O'Reilly's (Silom Road) underneath Sala Daeng BTS next to Patpong

Molly Malone's (Soi Convent) close to Sala Daeng BTS

The Dubliner (Sukhumvit Road Soi22)

Robin Hood (Sukhumvit Road) Phrom Phong BTS Syktrain station and exit gate 5

Hanrahans (Sukhumvit Soi 4)

Happy St Patrick's Day to all you leprechauns out there       Flag6%20Ireland.gif

Leprechaun_Happy.gif        Leprechaun_Happy.gif     Leprechaun_Happy.gif

• Upvote 1

Spent a fun and enjoyable afternoon with Williethepimp observing and taking part in the parade here.  According to the organisers it's the biggest in Thailand, which is not a surprise really.  Great to see so many locals involved and at any give point it took perhaps 20 minutes or more to pass.  It started in the car park at Alcazar, snaked its way down Soi 4, along Beach road and finished up at the school on Pattaya Tai.

post-106-0-21344600-1395055271_thumb.jpg

post-3403-0-67230200-1395055477_thumb.jp

post-3403-0-17493000-1395055481_thumb.jp

post-3403-0-81388500-1395055483_thumb.jp

post-3403-0-78827100-1395055486_thumb.jp

post-3403-0-14593100-1395055490_thumb.jp

post-3403-0-96137000-1395055492_thumb.jp

post-3403-0-56081300-1395055495_thumb.jp

post-3403-0-24416400-1395055499_thumb.jp

post-3403-0-46949500-1395055501_thumb.jp

• Upvote 3