Name that country

JaiDee

Pattaya 1975?

I was there in 76 & it was much more developed than that. No traffic lights or anything but more buildings.

Here's what is now Walking Street  -

post-83-0-54493100-1410007599_thumb.jpg

here's where I stayed  -

post-83-0-46559400-1410007578_thumb.jpg

and here's the lovely white sandy beach next to Beach Road with a couple of fishing boats  -

post-83-0-20955300-1410007856_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

BB... you must watch Breaking Bad, perhaps the best series ever on TV. One note of caution is that it follows the evolution of a character from Mr. Peepers into Scarface & accordingly the first several episodes are a bit slow at times when he is the typical Everyman living his life in suburbia. But as he gradually always makes the wrong moral choices the series adapts in tempo.

I knew a few people that couldn't make it to the 4th episode because of the lack of typical television dramatic histrionics while he was a teacher & family man.

----- Those early photos make Pattaya seem idyllic. A lost era...

BB... you must watch Breaking Bad, perhaps the best series ever on TV. One note of caution is that it follows the evolution of a character from Mr. Peepers into Scarface & accordingly the first several episodes are a bit slow at times when he is the typical Everyman living his life in suburbia. But as he gradually always makes the wrong moral choices the series adapts in tempo.

I knew a few people that couldn't make it to the 4th episode because of the lack of typical television dramatic histrionics while he was a teacher & family man.

----- Those early photos make Pattaya seem idyllic. A lost era...

I must be among these people who BB lost, because I remember watching one of the early episodes and I zapped away after 15 minutes I think.

Sometimes friends are needed who tell you, "you must watch it, it's good, just wait until the 4th episode"...

My German landlord on Phangan did the same thing; I copied season 1 onto his hard drive and he watched probably 20 minutes of the first episode.   He says to me with a perplexed look - and his Deutschland accent -  "that was a very weird show, why do I want to watch a guy running around in his underwear?"

Too bad for you guys, you missed out on what I and many others consider to be the best drama show in television history.