The Big LBR Non Google Trivia Quiz

bumblebee

Hefe got 2 and PD got one

I put 95 and 5 and they were both wrong.......I did get three right.

10,  40, 70, 80 and 90 were the proper answers. 

Can't believe I didn't get 90 :mad0235:    It runs all the way from Boston to Seattle. For some weird reason I figured it ended at Buffalo probably because I've never been past there.

I did get 40, 70 and 80, been on those three roads and they are loooooong......route 10 goes all the way from Jacksonville FL to SanDiego, ends at Ocean pier.

I think that's the 90, Hefe;  it runs along the far north of the country but because I never took it past the Buffalo area I figured it just ended there; dumb. The 80 is the next major one down, I was on that a lot last fall when I drove cross-country from Denver to Boston.

I also remembered the 70 from when I drove across country many moons ago, that one runs through Missouri and Kansas, etc.....

Here's one from the Name That Tune category, they played the song but it's probably not necessary since most of have surely heard it;  which band did "Closing Time" from the early 90's?

Hint; one-hit wonders.

Leonard Cohen had a great song called "Closing Time". But I don't know the one hit wonder band.

• Upvote 1

.....route 10 goes all the way from Jacksonville FL to San Diego, ends at Ocean pier.

I live right off of Interstate 10...It doesn't go to San Diego...It goes to Los Angeles where you have to take Highway 5 to get to San Diego...Highway 8 about 30 miles south of me goes to San Diego...Hwy 8's eastern start is off of Hwy 10 about half way between Phoenix and Tucson...Maybe that causes some confusion...Only reason I know is cause I drive on both all the time...Sometimes I take 10 to LA and return on 8 so I can stop at Los Algodones, Mexico...Didn't know Hwy 10 started in Jacksonville though..............

Interstate 10 runs from coast to coast from Jacksonville to Los Angeles. However just a wee bit north of Tucson you can branch off to the beginning of Interstate 8 which will take you to San Diego. So if you are on I-10 it is easy to think you are still on the 10 when following the signs to San Diego.

Just some highway trivia in case you don't know:

Interstates that run North/South are odd numbers starting with the lowest number on the west coast (I-5) and climb to the highest number on the east coast (I-95). Interstates that run East/West are even numbers starting with the lowest number in the south (I-4) and climb to the highest number in the north (I-90). 

Three digit interstate numbers are ancillary highways adjacent to the main interstate. They are used to by-pass a city or circumvent an urban area. So for example I-95 runs pass Washington DC however there is an interstate loop that runs around the city. It is I-495) If that loop was closer to the city core it would be called I-295. If it was farther away from the city core it would be called I-695. 

The whole interstate numbering system is a science and designed so people can usually figure out where they are and in what direction they're headed, provided they know the system.

• Upvote 1

Yeah.. Lyle Lovett has a "Closing Time" & so does the great Guy Clark, but I bet it's not either of those...

Bet it's not Tom Waits "Closing Time" either,

Yes Guy Clarke I like. Saw him at small concert venue many years ago (UK) along with Peter Rowan and the late Townes Van Zandt and John Stewart.

Superb

Yes Guy Clarke I like. Saw him at small concert venue many years ago (UK) along with Peter Rowan and the late Townes Van Zandt and John Stewart.

Superb

Wow, what a great show  that must've been.

Chip's brother is Jon Voight so his niece would be Angelina. 

Thank you Mrs. Fry...........5th grade..................I'm sure she would be so proud of me now..........

I still remember my 5th grade teacher like yesterday. Mr Knight. He taught me how to think & that for every action there is a consequence. I am still amazed how many kids today just don't seem to get that.