The Big LBR Non Google Trivia Quiz

bumblebee

OK, we ruled out the incorrect answer, Presidential Inaguration, 

So what could have been held in DC.

sorry  PD, already looked this one up yesterday after 2 incorrect guesses......seems like kind of a trick question as there were a few of these held in other places, but I guess they wanted the first one held in DC, sooooooooooo.......

sorry  PD, already looked this one up yesterday after 2 incorrect guesses......seems like kind of a trick question as there were a few of these held in other places, but I guess they wanted the first one held in DC, sooooooooooo.......

Sure the nation's capital was moved to DC and that's where the legislative branch moved.

That's not the tricky part.

But the wording is what pisses me off.

Congress was held for the first time?

Babies are held.  Events are held.

No Yank would ever say Congress was held.

Now I should have said to our captain who said US Congress, how can you say that Congress was "held" and the he might have replied that's how we refer to it in Blighty and then I guess I would have said OK cause the date seemed right.

But in the Accumulator, speed might count.

So 4 correct and we would have won if I had gotten ru over by a baht bus and couldn't make it.

It's funny, 'cause when I first saw the question my very first thought was "swearing in of a president" but as mentioned, 1800 was an off-year for presidential elections so that couldn't be it.

Then I thought "the first congress?" but those early ones were in Philly {the continental congress} as early as 25 years prior. So, again, kind of a trick question, no?   In other words, the very FIRST congress gathered in Philly, not DC!

As for the wording of it, that was why my 2nd guess was "presidential ball."  To PD's point, a ball is something which would be "held", same as a dance or a party; a congress is usually not "held" but more likely ''convened."  Perhaps had William worded it that way it may have been better.

Sucks because I know how difficult those accumulators are to get.....hell, sometimes they go for 10 weeks or more with no winner! 67 and myself and one other guy, not sure who at the moment, got 4 one week and the 5th one was a music question none of us knew......BB was away and when he came back we asked him the same question and he nailed it in 3 seconds, JimSlim did as well. 

Ok,a quick three questions for you......a....whats the last letter of the greek alphabet.....b.how many official languages in south africa...

Omega  

4 official languages

and then English , Afrikaans , and the other two Black native languages of which i cant remember but maybe Zulu is one  and Swahili the other ..4 in total) due i think the old Flag had 3 or 4 motives on it , so its an educated guess).

So Tarantino is correct?  That was a total guess!!

I watched Resorvoir Dogs many years ago, thought it was OK but he's done much better work since then.

well,it was a good guess....we got it wrong,we put michael madsen(but i thought it was tim roth).....anyway,tarantino it was....heres a rhetorical questio....why does tarantino put himself in his own films,he s such a shit actor!

well,it was a good guess....we got it wrong,we put michael madsen(but i thought it was tim roth).....anyway,tarantino it was....heres a rhetorical questio....why does tarantino put himself in his own films,he s such a shit actor!

I read why, but i forgot. He was ok in From dusk till dawn. That was Robert Rodrigues directing , but i think QT wrote the script or co-produced?

What  great movies he used to do.  Reservoir dogs, Pulp fiction,Jackie Brown, Kill bill.

His later stuff suck

I read why, but i forgot. He was ok in From dusk till dawn. That was Robert Rodrigues directing , but i think QT wrote the script or co-produced?

What  great movies he used to do.  Reservoir dogs, Pulp fiction,Jackie Brown, Kill bill.

His later stuff suck

I dunno, I thought Django was decent, maybe a 6 or a 7 out of ten, but Inglorious Basterds was classic Tarantino; IMO a 9 out of ten.

Alfred Hitchcock, (the guy to the left) always put himself in his movies. I believe he did a cameo in every one.

I believe that's right.... his movie "Lifeboat" takes place entirely in a... well, a lifeboat, how did Alfred get his vanity shot in that one?

[quote

Basterds was fantastic!  Could watch it again right now....

i thought it cringeingly bad script wise-total anti-german propaganda i thought.....all the germans were nazis,all pantomime villains.....in django,he made django's sidekick as a real german good guy,maybe to balance the scales......tarantino's a complete twat in my book...pulp fiction and jackie brown...the rest shite lmo...