Bangkok Violence Escalating

pdogg

Tell us more about The Bieber

What? More than the fact that he's a completely irresponsible idiot who is in the process of destroying his career with his poorly thought out antics & the company he is keeping. That's about all I know, it's about all anyone needs to know. Oh yeah, his mother is asking for people to pray for him & his father says he supports him completely. Of course he does when the kid has made the family rich. 

And only a blind fool would think their son did a good job by going to a strip club, throwing 75,000 dollars at the girls, got himself pissed & was arrested for racing a rented Lamborghini through suburban streets. There's a great career path for you, straight down. There's a lot of noise coming from family groups all wanting his music & shows banned. No amount of popularity will save him once he crosses into criminal territory. 

His fan base are still declaring their love but they are a dwindling lot who will soon find another messiah to follow. 

Of course we do & I also know you care less about Justin & his boorish behaviour. I am just so pissed off with the stupidity of the kid who literally has the world at his feet that I took the opportunity to unload. 

I know I was way off topic but it felt good to let him have it. Metaphorically of course.        :hi:

By the way,  just letting you all know this is getting just about ZERO coverage in the USA, 

Isn't there any appetite in the US for news outside America? Riots in Thailand & Ukraine are all over the news coverage here in Australia. Plus the ongoing fighting in Syria & Egypt & daily reports of the cold weather in Europe & the US. Bloody hell it must be cold in the US. 

I guess if Americans don't care for what happens outside their country that would explain the question asked by an American lady to an Australian visitor I just read about on another forum. In all seriousness this lady asked her guest:

"Do you have modern things in Australia?"

:rofl:

Guest JustSumGai

apparently NOW i can't even cut and paste the long post I just made in addition to it telling me I cannot post a pic url.

well, I got it to post the url but i'm just not into opening up a personal pic page to ANYONE that comes to this forum. 

nevermind

lotta tents and huge roof over them at Asoke and Montri in the pic.

Isn't there any appetite in the US for news outside America?

::

For most Americans, news about anything outside of the border has about as much relevancy as the weather report for the surface of Mars. They probably couldn't point out Africa, China, or the Soviet Union on a map unless it was labeled. They would probably be able to pick out South America, but I would bet a large number of them would guess that states like Alabama, Florida and Mississippi are located in "South America".

I think I remember hearing that something close to 30% of the American populace does not believe in Darwin's theory of evolution, and like our friend Rinzler on another board believes that man rode dinosaurs and Jesus was a white dude who spoke English.

Or was that a rhetorical question?

P.S. - I stand corrected about the bar closings.

I previously mentioned in another post that I thought bars would be closed from Saturday night all the way until the election a week from Tuesday.

As most of you already know, but were kind enough not to point out, that was incorrect. Bars are closed Saturday and Sunday nights before the elections, they were closed this weekend because of the advanced voting. All opened again as of midnight last night. Thus I believe they close again Saturday and Sunday next weekend, as long as the election is not postponed.

They probably couldn't point out Africa, China, or the Soviet Union on a map unless it was labeled. 

We would all have trouble pointing out the Soviet Union on a map, it ceased to exist in 1991.        :flirt2:     (Sorry, couldn't resist)

Of course you meant where the Soviet Union WAS in which case your hypothesis is most likely correct.

I think I remember hearing that something close to 30% of the American populace does not believe in Darwin's theory of evolution, and like our friend Rinzler on another board believes that man rode dinosaurs and Jesus was a white dude who spoke English.

Just to take this thread even further off-topic (apologies to PDogg), what is equally as bad as thinking Jesus spoke 21st century English is the numbers of people who want to deny he even existed. I don't care about the next persons religion but that is just absurd. There is so much documented evidence about him that has survived down the centuries that one would have to a belligerent fool to suggest he's a figment of the Christian church. Even the Muslims proclaimed him as one of their most important prophets. 

And what about his family? We know about Mary & Joseph but when Saint Paul (who was centuries away from being made a Saint) was proselytising Christianity in Turkey & offended one of the sects, he was recalled back to Palestine to confront his peers. Guess who was the head honcho? James, the brother of Jesus. Damn, I lived a long time before I knew about him.

I think I remember hearing that something close to 30% of the American populace does not believe in Darwin's theory of evolution

I just read today that 40% of the American populace [surely a lot of them the same people] are convinced that praying to Jesus will help your team win in a football game.

Can we get some prayers for that SeaHawks team??  Unless you are like XY and come from the Denver area;  then we need some prayers for the Broncos!  Does Jesus sit up there on his cloud and tally up the amount of prayers and select the winner based on whatever team sent in the most prayers?

By the way,   Time [international] will cover the BKK troubles;  but only if they have to, damn it!

http://world.time.com/2014/01/27/thailand-large-scale-violence-feared-in-run-up-to-polls/

"Please lord, make me not suck today''

post-107-0-70933100-1390818535_thumb.jpg

Washington:  Expressing concern at the ongoing political unrest in Thailand, the United State has said it is deeply troubled by efforts to block polls and otherwise prevent voting and urged all sides to refrain from violence.

"The United States is deeply troubled by efforts to block polls and otherwise prevent voting in Thailand, and by the most recent acts of political violence," the State Department Spokesperson, Jen Psaki, said yesterday.

Psaki maintained that US is not biased when it is a political dispute and supports the expression of fundamental rights.

"While we do not take sides in the political dispute and strongly support freedom of expression and the right to peaceful protest, preventing citizens from voting violates their universal rights and is inconsistent with democratic values," she said.

"We reiterate our call for all sides to refrain from violence, exercise restraint, and commit to sincere dialogue to resolve political differences peacefully and democratically," Psaki added.

Advance polling was held yesterday in Thailand for those who cannot participate in General elections scheduled on February 2.

However, most polling stations were blocked by the opposition-backed protesters who wants the polls scrapped, the caretaker Yingluck Shinawatra government to quit and an un-elected People's Council to be set up.

About 2.16 million of the total 49 million eligible voters have applied for advanced voting before the February 2 election, which called Yingluck to try to defuse rising political tensions after weeks of mass anti-government protests.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/us-deeply-troubled-by-violence-in-thailand-475776

Guest JustSumGai

I'll check into this JSG.

Guys, I think it is generally easiest to first save a pic on your hard drive and then upload the pic from your hard drive

how do I upload? which symbol, I tried the BBC code thing and got nowhere cept it pasted my personal pic page url which I then deleted

I still can't understand why it always has my Inbox/mailbox EMPTY. Even tho I KNOW you and I have had messages recently, such as one a WHILE ago on how to upload a pic. All I get from the pic icons above is a way to post an URL with the pic

I would try this in Firefox but it won't even let me sign in, I can click the Login button ten times and nothing happens. This is an updated Firefox btw.

HA !!!! advanced posting choices or some such. Ok, now I gotta find the text to go with it. Hmmm, can't do it. Account setting says i have 25 pics somewhere but NOWHERE I can find on here. I'd really love it if you could shed some light on this Pdogg. post-1540-0-56086000-1390826549_thumb.jp

Asoke and Montri? on Sunday, My bud was out shopping for a backpack and wandered into it. Looked more like a street fair he said, food stalls, table stores with things Thai's would buy vs tourist stuff. 

Seems all that was missing was the FREE BEER sign. 

I suspect efforts to get Bkk citizens to join them flopped so they tried this little trick to get ppl THERE. Photos done right would just show a good crowd. Nice to see the emegency decree is working and that the Agency for peace and safety ban on materials entering the city to support this (anarchy) worked too. The pic I saw of a street walled off by a sandbag wall about 5 feet tall must have been my imagination

Psaki maintained that US is not biased when it is a political dispute and supports the expression of fundamental rights.

When it's to our advantage.

I think that it's safe to say that what my country doesn't know about the intricacies and subtleties of Thai politics and culture is a lot!

IMO this is one that the US should probably stay out of (if thats at all possible).

I still can't understand why it always has my Inbox/mailbox EMPTY. Even tho I KNOW you and I have had messages recently, such as one a WHILE ago on how to upload a pic. All I get from the pic icons above is a way to post an URL with the pic

HA !!!! advanced posting choices or some such. Ok, now I gotta find the text to go with it. Hmmm, can't do it. Account setting says i have 25 pics somewhere but NOWHERE I can find on here. I'd really love it if you could shed some light on this Pdogg.

You raise a few issues JSG; let's tackle the easier ones first.   :biggrin:

It seems you can upload pics now using the Advanced Loader.  The Advanced is easier because there is one less step involved than the Basic but it does not work on all browsers but it seems that issue is sorted for you.

I think because Ladyboy Review is both a Forum and a Dating Site is what is causing some confusion.

There are two separate Inboxes.  One is for Messages that you want to send to ladyboys who have a dating profile and the other is the Invision PM system used to contact Forum members.

LBR Members get to upload 25 pics of themselves on their Dating Profile.  In practice most guys upload just 1 pic while ladyboys tend to upload a dozen.  But most Froum Members don't even have a dating profile (this is different than your Forum profile). 

Here is a link to the Dating Profile area.  You can refine your search to just Ladyboys to avoid seeing the Guy members.  You can also sort on country. This is NOT part of the Forum.

http://www.ladyboyreview.com/index.php?mdf=search

You can also sort on other stuff such as Cock Size (this is NOT part of the Forum)

http://www.ladyboyreview.com/index.php?mdf=advance-search

There will be an Election February 2nd, and the weekend will be dry.

Stay away from polling places folks !

Will it be dry from 12:01 AM on Saturday, 6AM Saturday, noon Saturday, or 6PM Saturday.

Good thing the Suer Bowl is played on Monday, Thai time.

The government has decided to go ahead with the February 2 election at the objection of the Election Commission but promised to cooperate fully with the commission in ensuring that the election will be as smooth as possible.

The above announcement was made by Deputy Prime Minister Pongthep Thepkanchana following a meeting Tuesday afternoon between the government and the  EC.

Mr Pongthep said both the EC and the government disagreed on the problems related to the election but the government was confident that it would be able to resolve the problems and would press ahead with the election as scheduled.

He admitted that the government had realized that these problems would not be resolved even if the election was to be postponed “and no one can say for sure that the existing problems will be resolved or more problems will emerge.”

He further said that there was no guarantee that the protests would end if the election was to be rescheduled. “The country needs a new government otherwise the country cannot move forward and we cannot allow a group of people to obstruct the election,” Mr Pongthep was quoted to have said.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/government-press-ahead-sundays-election/

Gunshots were fired and small bombs were thrown at guards giving protection to anti-government protesters at Lard Phrao intersection and Chaengwattana but no one was hurt. But a ten-wheel truck parked in front of Lak Si district office was riddled with bullet holes on its front windshield and body.

The gun and bomb attack at Lard Phrao protest site happened at about 1.00a.m. today.

A dark Toyota Yaris sedan with no license plate was seen on the outbound lane of the Vibhavadi Rangsit road and was heading to  Don  Tollway gate. As the car was on the toll way, several shots were fired into the protesters’ guards, followed by a loud bomb explosion.

The car fled toward Don Muang.

The attack forced security guards  of anti-government protesters to call in nearby soldiers to help in the inspection. Soldiers were then deployed on the flyover overlooking the protest site below to ensure security for protesters.

But two a half hours later, several gunshots were also heard, followed by another bomb explosion, forcing protesters nearby to run for cover. Nobody was hurt.

Meanwhile  at the Chaengwattana protest site, a series of gunshots were heard before dawn today near the Laksi district office where protesters used a ten-wheel truck to blockade traffic at the front of the office. Inspection later found that the windshield of the ten-wheeler from Nakhon Pathom province was riddled with about 10 bullet holes. No one was hurt in the gun attack.

Security guards of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee were coordinating with the police and soldiers to inspect the damaged truck and collect evidence.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/gunfire-bomb-explosions-rock-two-protest-sites/

There are so many problems it hard to count 'em all

Protesters will probably block some polling stations in Bangkok

There is a shortage of 10,000 polling observers. There needs to be 9 per station and they do not have enough.

Protesters have blocked ballots from reaching some stations in Bangkok and in the South.

In some Southern provinces all polling officials have resigned, in some no candidates were able to register.

In many districts only one candidate is running, if they do not get 20% or more people vote NO than the election needs to be-run

Last weekends early voting needs to be redone in many districts.

Many PT candidates will possibly be disqualified over corruption in the next few weeks,  including Yingluck.

Odds are the courts will nullify the whole election at some point, but that might be in months.