Bangkok Accommodation

bumblebee

legacy Express 29 Sukhumvit soi 1

I recently stayed here for 3 nights and found this to be a great hotel to stay. The location was the big seller for me when I booked it, as I had seen the hotel from the skytrain on a previous visit and filed it away for the next visit. I arrived via the airport link and skytrain and the hotel is just a few minutes away from Phloen Chit.station.

Booking in was done in rapid time and smiles from reception. Rooms are of a good size and well laid out. Good wifi. Also a 7/11 right next to the hotel to get your toothpaste etc plus thai sim. I will be using the hotel again in February. There is a nice Coffee shop (Cafe) just outside on the left and plenty of food stalls on the left hand side as well as soi 1.

Rooms are a good size and very clean as you would expect from a new hotel. The bed is comfy and not to hard or soft but just right. Shower is a big size but it as no bath again all new and clean and have a new flat screen tv attached to the wall.

Though lots of tourists like to choose to stay near Nana BTS station, personally I feel that Sukhumvit soi 1 area is a better place to stay, as it's near Phloen Chit BTS and just a stroll away from the red light district where there is no one bothering you unlike staying around soi 11 to 3 as that walk you get blocked in unless you move to the other side of the road.

Also if their is a group of you going on to Pattaya or anywhere for that matter they can get you a mini bus that will be there in seconds.

I did not take any photos due to the amount of alcohol I was drinking but took these one of the net.

Legacy Express Bangkok

post-124-0-71514600-1370199356_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-45927200-1370199361_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-99725100-1370199366_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-52873000-1370199372_thumb.jpe

• Upvote 1

Solo Hotel Sukhumvit soi 2

The hotel could comfortably call itself 4 star and is small enough to have a “boutique feel” about it. The staff were professional, friendly, accommodating of every request and always efficient, polite and discrete.

In house room service food was very nice and delivered promptly. Room was clean, fresh, well stocked and supplied and was spacious and had plenty of storage. The shower is separate from the toilet and as two power shower heads and is very spacious. The room as a large flat screen tv, electronic safe, alarm clock with master control. Excellent wifi both in the room and on the outside terrace and up on the roof top swimming pool. Just up from the pool is the Cloud 9 cocktail bar if your a bit of a romantic.

Service from staff was outstanding and every time I left the hotel I were asked if I would like to be driven to the main road in the shuttle. As always I had them stop just by the Rajah car park so I could cut through in to Guess Bar.

LB friendly as staff were very polite with all my LB guests even my take away LB guest.

Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2

post-124-0-29874100-1370199580_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-64783500-1370199584_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-41204300-1370199589_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-17876100-1370199594_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-77685200-1370199598_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-23319200-1370199603_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Monaco Hotel soi 2 Sukhumvit

Monaco Bangkok Hotel is located on Sukhumvit Soi 2, a short walk to the Ploenchit BTS Skytrain and Nana’s nightlife. The hotel offers serviced apartment style rooms and suites, all fitted out with a balcony, kitchenette and beautiful wooden floor. High-tech amenities, such as LCD TVs with cable channels, high-speed Wi-Fi internet access and DVD player, are the standard offering in all room types. The only thing I found not up to scratch was the saftey deposit box as it was to small to hold a 11'9 inch netbook, nevermind a full laptop. I will take the I Pad mini next time. The balcony was rather small too 

There’s also an outdoor swimming pool with sundeck, indoor Jacuzzi pool, gym and sauna you can use at the Marriott hotel just up the soi. The hotel provides 24-hour security and golf cart pick-up and drop-off to the main road. I used the golf cart a few times and often phoned them from the end of the soi and Rahj Car park.

All in all I found the staff friendly and willing to help and met the General Manager who gave me some chocolates as I left a really nice lady.

post-124-0-18139900-1370199780_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-69941900-1370199785_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-70984800-1370199790_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-55625400-1370199796_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-53829200-1370199801_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-08125900-1370199807_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-24710200-1370199812_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Amora NeoLuxe Suites Sukhumvit soi 31

This is a new boutique hotel in Sukhumvit soi 31 near Phrom Phong BTS, well about a ten minutes walk away. 

Any way the rooms are ultra modern as is the hotel itself. The rooms have a flatscreen Smasung tv, a samsung stero as well as a I phone/pod touch docking station There was a row of plugs on the wall and a ADSL and HDMI sockets, Their is a master control on the night table that controls everything in Lights and air con as well as a built in clock. The wifi was a bit iffy but got better after I rang reception and they sent a techie non English speaking guy up to sort it out.

The bed was big and comfy for a good roll around session with a ladyboy or two. A electronic safe that fits a laptop as well as camera. They even have an umbrella inside the wardrobe for rainy days. When you come out of the lift their are two free Pc's you can use FOC.

The bathroom was of a good size and a well put together design and interior. bath with shower.

Their is a roof top pool which I had to myself one day and I noticed the gym on that floor but did not use it.

Staff polite most speak English GG and ladyboy friendly. Same as most places they take the ladyboys ID and they get it back when they leave and they phone your room too.

Sorry I never made it up for breakfast, tongue.png in the four days I stayed here.

last 4 pics taken from the internet

http://www.asiahotelandtravel.com/index.php?/topic/2-bangkok-accommodation/?p=24 stayed here myself last year is in walking distance to Darkside Bar great hotel should have booked it again however prices have gone up abit since my last stay, which i think when it was just open they had a premotion on.....Regards Garry

Fantastic stuff Lone Ranger, you certainly are a Bangkok boy.  Your contributions along with the others is very much appreciated. :hi:

Cheers BB I have stayed in few outside of Sukhumvit as well. Huai Khwang being the area I will be staying for a while next month. If you visit the night markets at around 3 am to 6 am  you will find a  myriad of ladyboys doing their night shopping. There is a nice little coffee shop that does a good vanilla latte, as well as top ice cream and cookies. if you position yourself in the corner by the window you can beckon in which one that takes your fancy 

• Upvote 2

I, too, have stayed at the Dynasty Inn a number of times, both for value and convenience.  I have only stayed in the old rooms.  On my last trip to BKK I stayed at the Dawin, same company/owner.  The Dawin, down the street next to the Ibis, is very nice and modern for just a few more baht than the Dynasty.  During this stay I took Cindy from Cascades back to Dawin, and we were talking about hotels, and the Dynasty Inn.  She told me the renovated rooms are very nice, pretty much just like those in the Dawin.  You can't beat the location and value, in my opinion of the Dynasty Inn.  But I don't mind the walk to the Dawin.  Gives me a chance to see some of the freelancers along 4.

A couple notes regarding the coffee shop, at the Dawin they have an espresso machine, I'm pretty sure there's none at the Dynasty Inn.  Also, I thought the khao thom at the Dawin was better than at the Dynasty Inn.

• Upvote 2

Agreed a lot are renovating like Dynasty Inn and a few others as well. Also nice new hotels popping up all over the place.

Does the grumpy old female manager still work at Grand Business Inn ?

LR, - well, actually she's not so grumpy if you treat her nicely, :biggrin:  However, if she's in a bad mood and you're not on her good side, watch out!

For all those reading this thread - unfortunately Grand Business Inn is not listed on Agoda - so you won't see it on the LBR master list for Bangkok. Keep it in mind though - this is still a good choice for the Nana/Sukhumvit area.

• 2 months later...

The Rembrandt Suites Rembrandt Tower Sukhumvit soi 20,

Studio 1700 baht low season. 1900 baht high season.

One bed apartment 2,700 Loww season 

all rooms are excellently appointed with flat screen tv tea & coffee making kitchenette fridge free wifi.

Great Pool Sauna Gym Jacuzzi.

These prices are mates rates to me am not sure what they are if you book direct.

quite a few BM have used this Hotel thru me and all have been impressed.

Rembrandt Hotel

Rembrandt has a special going on now for stays of 3 nights or more.

http://www.asiahotelandtravel.com/index.php?/topic/2-bangkok-accommodation/?p=27

• 4 weeks later...

Citrus Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 13

Its just a short walk down soi 13 from Sukhumvit Road. A quite soi with a 7/11 a minute away from the hotel. Location good for Nana and Soi Cowboy 10/15 minute walk either way. Their is a short cut through the Ambassador Hotel in to soi 11 and agian through soi 11 in to soi 7, then the alley through to soi 5 and bingo your almost at Check Inn

The hotel is a new hotel as it is less than a year old ( opened in October 2012 )

Rooms very modern inc flat screen tv's , remote tablet control at the bed side for lighting air con. A large safe that would fit the biggest of laptops, Massive wardrobe with more draws than it needed. Bathroom as a power shower and a rain shower above. Also like many new hotels you can see it through the glass panel in the bed room. There is also a built in sofa by the window.

All staff are friendly and also friendly to LBS as they were polite and chatted to them. Security guards are all good. One waved Cassanova Kitty in to park her car when she gave me a lift back to the hotel. They even came out with umbrellas for us both of us.

Pool on the roof goes in a U shape. Staff where excellent there. Towels brought over to you the moment you arrive. Nice views of the city.

Free tuk tuk to the end of the soi.

Only a couple of bad points the soi itself is like an alley with a lot of car parks from hotels on soi 11 facing it. The roads a uneven and no pavements for most of it. Best to cut through Ambassador Hotel in to soi 11. The road outside the hotel dips and when the rain comes, it floods very fast and stays around for a while.

The other thing is there is a lot of building work going on behind the hotel. Though with the window shut and all the drink from Check Inn and Darkside meant I never heard a thing.

One of the best things for me staying there. Is my mates office is right across from the hotel and he finished work the same time I was checking out and got a lift to the airport.

Citrus Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 13

post-124-0-17919800-1380419144_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-76429600-1380419156_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-56145600-1380419169_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-11114700-1380419182_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-58246100-1380419197_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

@Mind Executive Suites Sukhumvit Soi 85

I have already posted the pictures above a couple of posts earlier the day I arrived. I had meant to do a report on the hotel there and then but with one thing another (drink & LBS mostly) I could not get it done.

Here is a brief outline. After arriving at 9.30 at the airport and I had not made an early room booking. I decided to take the airport link train and change at Phaya Thai BTS to the hotel in On Nut soi 85 It takes about 5 to 8 minutes walk from On Nut BTS to the hotel that is just inside soi 85

To my surprise I could check in to my 1 bed room suite straight away. First thing I noticed was how new things were and how clean it was. The rooms are of good design with a dining table for two at the far end of the room from the balcony Sofa (can be made in to a spare bed) and table with a flat screen tv & dvd player. Kitchen as everything you need including coffee, tea sugar and a kettle. Plus a microwave too. Its as a largerefrigerator not a mini bar

There is a balcony with a sink to wash shorts etc after swimming or you can use the balcony to smoke if that's your thing.

Wifi was excellent in both bedroom and lounge room

"two flat screen tv's in one in bedroom and one in Lounge room. The same with Air con which was nice as you could leave lounge on low for breakfast in the morning. Rather than have to wait 10 - 15 minutes for it to cool. I was given two key cards and kept one in the key slot to keep the rooms at a low cool temp.

Bathroom as shower with a rain shower above.

LB friendly as I brought two back on my first night and one back each night after that for the five nights I stayed there.

Location. Well it's pretty far from Nana to walk but 15 mins BTS 37 baht and 70 to 80 baht coming back in a taxi. With it's location it may not be the best for a LB monger. I enjoyed my stay because of that. It's a nice area with a large Tesco Lotus and at On Nut BTS a night food market with a beer stall in the middle and live music, It's more of a place for long term vacation. Or permanent stay  :biggrin: 

ROOM AMENITIES

WiFi internet access
Private Balcony
LED TV with satellite channels & DVD player
Microwave oven
Refrigerator
Private deposit box
Individual air conditioning adjustment
In room coffee and tea making facilities
Bathroom with toiletries
Pantry

SAFETY FEATURES
Electronic door locks
Door latch
Fire escape plan
In-room electronic safe
Smoke detector

jacuzzi, fitness room and sauna (Open hour:06.00 – 21.00 hrs.). 

Room Service
Business Counter Service : Computer,Photocopying, Scanner,
Facimile, IDD Telephone, E-mail
Shuttle bus service *
24 Hours reception
WiFi internet access
Elevator
Parking space provided - 24 hours service
Security guard 24 hours.
Modern fire safety including heat & smoke detectors
Closed-circuit TV surveillance.
Integrated fired alarm installed smoke detector.
Laundry Service
Swimming Pool
Fitness room Located on top floor, operating hour’s 6.00 – 21.00 hrs.
Sauna room
Hotel telephone system :Please refer to hotel telephone directory, please contact operator for any assistance.
International calls/ Local calls
Reception desk:For check-out arrangements
Safety deposit box : Guests are requested to use the complimentary in-room private electronic safe located in thewardrobe. The hotel is not responsible for any loss of money or valuables. Instructions are provided in the room.
Limousine service :Upon request
Pets:Pets are not allowed in the hotel.
Wake-up call service
Wheelchair.

I paid £29.62 per night via Agoda

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CEQQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.atmindsukhumvit.com%2F&ei=wLxJUr2OMIGJ0AXamYGIAQ&usg=AFQjCNGIDYHVGKC5pWsDq8Ph2iLcrY6Sgg&sig2=UQBDqzxJoKWzhIT7__PL7w&bvm=bv.53217764,d.d2k

post-124-0-24563800-1380568460_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-04091800-1380568471_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-67876200-1380568479_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-11840000-1380568489_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-49644700-1380568498_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-95070500-1380568506_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-89011400-1380568519_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-86191700-1380568527_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-76460300-1380568536_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-87320200-1380568544_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-84768300-1380568552_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-58144400-1380568561_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
Guest JustSumGai

for around 1500 baht I can see you have the pick of the litter all over. What *I* want to know about is the less pricey spot near the action. Perchance I'll weigh in around Nov 22 with a review of the White Orchid (I was told 500, and have seen 600 I believe or was it 7?) or Da Bed, both on the same lil alley across from the Big Mango as I recall. I THINK the Nana Hotel/Inn is going for 900 now. Agonda said all 334 beds are full on the 21st. Hard to believe.