Disillusioned with Patts... How about you?

Luung

I agree with the "familiarity"/"contempt" situation you may be experiencing.

Sounds like you need a change of venue/pace.

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Maybe a jaunt to Phuket?

Air Asia has two direct flights to Phuket daily,from Chiang Mai.

No man I was just addressing Lung's point. No matter how happy I am living somewhere, I can find a way to point out the idiots around me. It's kind of a hobby of mine.

Me no, I'm on top of the world living here. I turned to Socrates the other day and I says to 'im I says, "Man, not a day goes by when I still don't have at least one of those moments when you say, 'GodDAMN, I'm fucking psyched that I'm living in Thailand right now!" To which he replied, "Me too... And I've been living here ten years!"

the next time you unnecessarily and capriciously split an infinitive,

I'm calling your mother...

Man, I almost split the infinitive with this new femboy in Darkside last night... after she continued to mercilessly stroke my stalk in the bar.

(you mean like that?)

• Upvote 1

Begining of Feb, should be a definite as it's my birthday & it'll be coinsiding with a Cambo reckkie that I want to do, so I can tag a bit of a Pattaya trip either end of it... I just hope KenW will be around then, just in case I miss him during this years party season.

Lung, I've just written in another thread my plan at this stage is to be in Pattaya for GOTC III in early Feb, extending that a few days as I remembered your birthday was in first week of Feb.

Plan includes Phnom Penh sometime over Jan/Feb/March of 2013, dates totally flexible at this stage.

No man I was just addressing Lung's point. No matter how happy I am living somewhere, I can find a way to point out the idiots around me. It's kind of a hobby of mine.

Me no, I'm on top of the world living here. I turned to Socrates the other day and I says to 'im I says, "Man, not a day goes by when I still don't have at least one of those moments when you say, 'GodDAMN, I'm fucking psyched that I'm living in Thailand right now!" To which he replied, "Me too... And I've been living here ten years!"

Man, I almost split the infinitive with this new femboy in Darkside last night... after she continued to mercilessly stroke my stalk in the bar.

(you mean like that?)

Sorry Dude,

I was addressing my post to Lung,not you.I was just quoting your post,as I agreed with it.Sorry.

How was the Darkside?

If i was there over a month then yes I would be and would get bored, its Blackpool with sex after all for a holidaymaker like me.

As for the rest of Thailand probaly same same, its a Holiday destination for me and not somewhere I would like to work, my family and home comforts are more important in my life right now.

Retiring there might be a diiferent scenario in a place like Koh Samui for example, but then again its each to their own, I just couldnt see myself living there full-time

Will you lot stop splitting infinitives, this is an open forum!

Anyway, looks like I should have maybe written 'through expat eyes', as the sub title, it might have qualified things a bit better?

@BB & DT, Totally see where you are both coming from & if I still lived in the UK I'd no doubt lap up the sun through those precious few summer months & then happily pay a premium to get here when the action starts... But as an expat with an eye on 'max squirt' per baht & a disposition for not enjoying packed venues or 'entertaining fools lightly' (even though I could possibly be the biggest one), nah!

@FarangBah & Katana, Did you know that they reckon the human animal 'us' will get used to any given situation from a lottery win to imprisonment in a concentration camp within three weeks & that out happiness/unhappiness levels will settle back to where they originally were... Apparently?

@Katana, Unfortunately I've banned myself from Jimbo's too, so that's Phuket out! Oh, & my last trip there was an absolute disaster also!

@KenW, That's excellent! How about hanging around Patts until my birthday, 5th Feb, & then scooting off to Cambo with me? We can face dreaded farting Packkie & the rush hour hordes together!

@Duke007, The way that you seem to get through em', if you hung around Pattaya for anywhere near to a month, your nob would end up looking like a fuckin' pipe cleaner mate!.. But yeah, a month would be crushingly boring in holiday mode. However, that said, month stays & even longer have actually worked very well for me in the past, but holiday mode, it ain't & I'll come equipped with some home comforts & usually have some type of work to do, plus a promotional agenda, plenty Pattaya expats to see (families etc), visitors coming over who need chaperoning etc, etc, etc... It goes on.

Funnily enough I don't actually see myself being here in old age, to me Thailand is a place for the active (& not just sexually)... It's when I'd actually be considering the Kent countryside or the South coast & warm bitter beer, lovely.

And besides, what with the current & projected rise of the ASEAN nations, coupled with our probale finacial demise & potencial run away inflation, plus a clearly perceptable changing attitude towards us, WE may not find this place particularly embrasing in years to come... I hope not, but...?

:hi:

@KenW, That's excellent! How about hanging around Patts until my birthday, 5th Feb, & then scooting off to Cambo with me? We can face dreaded farting Packkie & the rush hour hordes together!

Funnily enough I don't actually see myself being here in old age, to me Thailand is a place for the active (& not just sexually)... It's when I'd actually be considering the Kent countryside or the South coast & warm bitter beer, lovely.

And besides, what with the current & projected rise of the ASEAN nations, coupled with our probale finacial demise & potencial run away inflation, plus a clearly perceptable changing attitude towards us, WE may not find this place particularly embrasing in years to come... I hope not, but...?

Yep, sounds good, as I said in another thread.

Funny you mention that last bit. Sometimes the attitude towards us expats here is delightful, as I have tried to capture in some posts in my Life in the Village thread. But at other times it's downright hostile, particularly from the police and bureaucrats. Government legislation often targets us as well (eg recent edicts to disallow 6 month and 1 year visas, forcing us to renew every 3 months.)

I came here to die. But we'll see. I make no long term plans anymore. But as I've said elsewhere, I cannot imagine living outside Asia.

two weeks after heading home from an 8-month-holiday -- spent mostly in patts--and by the end of which i was enjoying lying about reading a book almost as much as getting laid... i'm already anxious to return to holiday/monger mode.

although i stayed long enough to piss off a few bar owners, and more than a few ladyboys, and a handful of hoteliers and at least two restaurants and...

holy shit i don't think i *can* go back.

well, there's always cebu.

:character00218:

• Upvote 1

Well, I have never been, but a good friend who has been three time this year who has been to both Cambo and Phills like me says I will be woefully disappointed by everything except the sheer number of ladyboys available. He described it as dirty, seedy, and touristy and with tons of Russian and African mobsters, and farang sitting around looking haggard and bored waiting for their next score. He also claimed the prices were now unreasonable by worldwide international standards (a least for gg's)

Anyway, I said I was going to Miss Tiffanies Universe, so I will get to see for myself, but I will probably blow out of there after 2 or 3 days if my friends opinion is correct. Although I'm going with an open mind...I know that ladyboys alone do not make a vacation for me...I need beautiful clean beaches, slammin' discos, and the "illusion" that everybody is having fun and is on vacation like me....

Jomtien beach can be ok but Patts itself is pretty bad. Marine disco is popular with some members here and most LBs. The magic for me and many here is the amount of members in town. Great to put faces to names over a cold beer. The period you are in town is going to be full of members, and after meeting the guys the forums becoming more enjoyable in my experience.

..I need beautiful clean beaches,

You wont be staying long. The clowns at Pattaya Marketing even have the audacity to Market the place as a Beach Resort.

I dread to think how unclean the whole coast line is. I have not swam in that sewer for 15 years. I would not get in that stretch of sea if you paid me . Maybe the sand is ok but the thought of a gaint cesspool in view puts me off

Jomtien beach can be ok but Patts itself is pretty bad. Marine disco is popular with some members here and most LBs. The magic for me and many here is the amount of members in town. Great to put faces to names over a cold beer. The period you are in town is going to be full of members, and after meeting the guys the forums becoming more enjoyable in my experience.

@BB

Looking forward to meeting some of the members at the first of the month. Missed the madness in Snookyville last years when some of the guys were there right before my first trip to S.E. Asia and Cambo.. I have booked from Halloween to Nov 2 in Patts so hope to see some of the board members.

My favorite girl from Phils will be joining me thereafter...so it sounds like I will be heading to Koh Chang or Phuket right after the pageant...

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Well, I have never been, but a good friend who has been three time this year who has been to both Cambo and Phills like me says I will be woefully disappointed by everything except the sheer number of ladyboys available.

He also claimed the prices were now unreasonable by worldwide international standards (a least for gg's)

The sheer number of ladyboys available is what makes Pattaya and Bangkok ideal for the ladyboy sex traveller. The bar system makes it easy for the guy on holiday.

For many guys the sheer number of ladyboys, or GGs or gayboys, is more important than any other factor by an order of magnitude.

However, for a chilled out beach vacation if you already have your companionship sorted out there's lots of better choices than Sodom By The Sea.

Worldwide pricing standards would make for an interesting thread.