Disillusioned with Patts... How about you?

Luung

<p>Maybe a Swan Song?..

I've just posted this on the Air Asia thread & it evolved into a rant (which admittedly isn't unusual for me), but it got me thinking, is this a ME thing, is it an AGE thing, have I really been here too long... Jai Dee's moving back to America & I'm starting to think about moving on too, Do you have your 10 yrs & go?

Anyway, to all of the above, dunno???.. But the two week, to a month long hang overs, filthy beaches, petty rip offs & scams & having to live cheek by gowl with fat, intollerable oafs wearing 'wife beaters', Sand Monkies, Pakkies, bad taste Ruskkies & all the other low life swalid '%

<p>Shit, the fucking thing never came out!

Anyway, hopefully better luck second time around...

I've just posted this on the Air Asia thread & it evolved into a rant (which admittedly isn't unusual for me), but it got me thinking, is this a ME thing, is it an AGE thing, have I really been here too long... Jai Dee's moving back to America & I'm starting to think about moving on too, Do you have your 10 yrs & go?

Anyway, to all of the above, dunno???.. But the two week, to a month long hang overs, filthy beaches, petty rip offs & scams & having to live cheek by gowl with fat, intollerable oafs wearing '%2

Is this what you want posted here Lung?

Well, initially I was REEEEEALLY pissed off about this, especially has I live up here in Chiang Mai & therefore no longer have direct access to Pattaya through any discount airlines... What a fuckin' bumer!!!

But then I thought, hmmm, Pattaya's really been losing its shine for me over the past few years now, my last two trips were fuckin' disasters, I've either banned myself or out lived my welcome in so many of the LB bars, the beach is shit, the attitude's shit... And I've sunk a small fortune into yo-yoing backwards & forwards to hang out with my chums & spend like a tourist!.. I just really don't love the place enough anymore to want to have to fight my way through the Bangkok hordes (with luggage) & then sit on a bus next to some farting Pakkie, for God knows how many hours, just for some, face down, lust in the dust, down by the sea. :character0007:

So, I thought to myself, fuck it, I know what I'm going to do, I'm going to go out & upgrade my motorbike (all for roughly the same cost of two Pattaya trips)... And then that way, if I do want to go down to that stinking, fuckin' shithole, I can amble down at my leisure, on my own motorbike, taking in the sites & delights & whenever I like, too!

And what’s more, I'll have my own transport when I get there!... No screaming matches with tossy fuckin' cab drivers, no fuckin' Bell bus, no fuckin' bike rental fiascos... BINGO!

Now all I've got to do is just hope that I don't get taken out by an articulated lorry driver on drugs, whist I'm on the way down there.

:roadrage:

Wish me luck

That's it PDogg!! But I've lost the rest of the stuff that I wrote twice now!

Maybe the internet connection isn't not working so well today?.. But I can't be arsed to write it all over again.

Anyway... Who else maybe feels the same way as I do? The Pattaya love affair was great & the honeymoon too, even the marriage... And, by Christ, have I had a fuckin' scream down there over the years, but to me it's all got so jaded now...

Is it just me?.. Your thoughts please gentlemen...

I always look forward to my Pattaya trips and have been visiting the place for 22 years. In the old days I would stay for about 2 weeks and do a BKK day either side of that trip and be in total holiday mode.

These days living in Samui full time I still relish the Pattaya vibe every few months but am all spent after 3/5 nights there. Drinking and staying up late takes it's toll on me very quickly and isnt my life style any more so has a negitive effect but I do enjoy the buzz and then even more the escape.

Thank fully in Thailand there are many other attractions for me but then I guess when Ive lived here 10 years my answer may be different

Great post Uncle.

I can take Pattaya in small doses as Foggys says I can do 6 nights there max then I am looking to get out.

You know more than anyone I fucking cant stand walking street, never been a fan never will be, Full of the scum of the earth and groups of guys looking to barfine LBS and GGS for 300thb for all 4 of them... :indifferent0018: cheapskate cunts!

I try to stay around the LK metro/Diana arena where you can take things at your own pace and as you say the beach is shit so I have booked a hotel with a nice pool area where I can chill out in the day if I am not in Soi 6, really looking forward to getting some ladyboys back to the pool area and having some days chilling around the pool in the day.

I think the best way to approach a new Pattaya trip would be to do new things and seek out new bars and new girls, there are BMS such as you that have been travelling to Pattaya for 10 years plus and I can imagine things can get very repetitve if you are doing the same thing each time... ie seeing the same girls, staying in the same hotel, eating at the same places, going to same bars.

A good idea woud be to mic stuff up a bit more and try some new places, whats the worse thing that can happen?

I have a few idea for November and would love for you to join me for the adventures.

I still love the shithole that is Pattaya but would never live there I can totally understand why people would, but it's not for me.

Anyway before you decide to sack the place for good I hope you are around for November as it would be great to have a few beers with you... and if you a good buy (not likely) I will give you the lend of my Snow White outfit.

Stay Lucky Lung.

BD

For some of those who just come for a blitz holiday I can well understand how boring it can all become in Pattaya, that's why I don't do that even though I stay here for months on end.

Prices for long term rentals are good and food prices are reasonable with plenty of choices. I grew out of the need to get drunk and chase tail night-in, night-out years ago so it doesn't really dull on me as I don't have the desire or need to do that.

I don't live here and probably wouldn't want to but I don't tire of the place. It's like giving a child a big box of chocolates and watching it make itself sick as it doesn't know when to stop. Stop gorging yourselves.

I learned along time ago to pace myself.before things got too much. It's not necessary to go out every night when you're here for a long time and I wouldn't want to even if I won the lottery. If I won the lottery I'd probably upgrade my room but still go out the same amount, but I'd be wearing new shoes too.

• Upvote 1

Surprisingly enough, I actually *enjoyed* Pattaya this last time I was there!

Which is quite odd, because I always wrote it off as a smelly, over-crowded, sex-crazed tourist trap in the past. Not that it isn't any of those things LOL, I just found that the longer I stayed this time, 10 weeks all told, the more I enjoyed it. It has its pros and cons like any other place, but one word comes to mind for me; convenience. Everything is a close walk or 'cycle ride away, or a blue baht bus, and it's relatively cheap. Not sure if I could LIVE there, but my opinion of it from years past was swayed more towards the positive the longer I stayed there.

I agree with DC and Jaidee regarding Pattaya. If you approach the place in the right frame of mind and take it relatively easy it is doable for a long period. As you may have noticed elsewhere I am a tad excited about my upcoming trip next month, and the probability of 4 months in Patts. It certainly won't be a full on party time, but a mix of long walks, beach days in Jomtien, relaxing nights, be it staying in, people watching around Sunee or a meet up in the PBG, some hectic ones of course around the LB circuit, meeting good friends, old and new.

Basically we all have to live somewhere and for 4 months Pattaya can be a very enjoyable experience if ones mixes it up a bit.

I lived there for the better part of 2009 to 2011 and I don't care one way or another if I never see it again. It is much better in small doses. Being there more or less full time, and for me things that I'd laugh off if there for a month only, really began to annoy me.

Thanks for all the replies lads, especially as that's got to be just about the worst start to any topic on a Ladyman forum, to date.

@Foggy, I first came to Patts18 yrs ago & funilly enough that used to be my MO too, with the day or two either end in BKK.

Well anyway, I hope that you're still luvin' it in ten years time & by the looks of that photo I saw of the infinity pool with the aging, yet incredibly cute femboy lounging by the side of it, I think that there's every chance that you will be!

And you can fly from Udapow, which still makes Patts doable... Would you fist fight your way through BKK's rush hour traffic & then sit next to the farting Pakkie on the bus after your flight, just to get there?

I remember back ten years ago saying, "they'd have to drag me back kicking & screaming" to the UK", isn't amazing how things can change?

The big boozing's not so much in my nature nowdays either... But when in Rome, I'm afraid.... Which brings nicely onto...

@Backdoor, Thanks for your lengthy response mate! Anyway, it still baffles me how I went from being the intrepid explorer, furrowing into every new nook, cranny & navel that was there to be explored (anywhere in the vicinity), to the creature of habit that I've become today, but I suppose that's in the main part due to the forums & going down, more often than not, in recent years to meet with other BM's... And that's where the heavy boozing starts, left to my own devices I can pretty much leave the stuff alone nowdays... But as you know well, by now, I've barely got the breaking strain of a cold rice pudding.

And I think the same applies to the chicks too... It's like a trap, I find myself falling for a photograph on a forum, just like a novice & then find myself trying to nail myself onto someone that I should never have been anywhere near in the first place!

At any rate, I'll get down there, if only to touch base & have a FEW beers with you & a few of the other usual suspects (& hopefully some unusual ones too) & then try on that Snow White outfit! The only thing which might halt my plans would be work & that's a 50/50 as I'm still pretty busy, I'm afraid to say... But here's hoping, maybe the swan song?

@Dixon Cox, The wisdom of the our resident wise monkey, yet again!.. All good stuff, but to be honest mate, I've tried Patts every which way, from Naklua to Jontiem, from renting houses to to rooms over hostileries, from over nighters to seasonal stays... Maybe I've just done my time? I actually still quite like hanging around for a while & staying in a lot, if I'm residing somewhere like the VC condotel, but it just irks me when I'm in the room trying to watch my documentaries & movies on the laptop, thinking that I've got a house with a flatscreen & an endless supply of dope up here in Chiangers.

I think it could maybe just be the case that, what was once all spice & excitement, has now become some ole', same ole'.

@Kendo, Yep, you've sumed it up, 'BM meets'!... Maybe we should all start walking around in LBR T'shirts??? (There's a cartoon in there)

@JaiDee, Your right, it ain't all that bad & it can grow on you, but I think one of my problems is that I'd been caning it so much that in the end was stopping me from making the trips that I should have been making & I'm sure that's something that you can relate to... I used to have the money to do both, but in an age of 'finacial correction'... I plain & simply ain't! So I suppose for me, it's a choice, either move on to fresher pastures, or get stuck in a rut.

@Bumble Bee, Your right too, frame of mind & context is everything & with hope, in time, I may well be able to look at the place in a different light? Anyway, work permitting, if I'm around in November, the long beach walks would be exactly the type of thing that I'd look forward to, I live to walk & talk. I actually love to run the beach too, I used to go from the Wooden Temple in Naklua to the South Pattaya peir & then back again, stopping of for a quick shower & rub down in Soi 6 on the way!! He he he!

And you do sound very excited BB... Just like a young girl who's been fingered for the first time.

(If you can forgive me for that comment, I'd love to take you up on a few walks, might be just what the doctor ordered)?... And that's you too TexasMac.

@Lefty, Ditto, if I hang around, the things that I could either laugh at, or at least, laugh off, just plian fuckin' well annoy me now!

Great new avatar man!

Right, I'm off for a wank...

• Upvote 1

@Dixon Cox, ... I actually still quite like hanging around for a while & staying in a lot, if I'm residing somewhere like the VC condotel, but it just irks me when I'm in the room trying to watch my documentaries & movies on the laptop, thinking that I've got a house with a flatscreen

I fully understand where you're coming from regarding the comforts of home, with your home being in Chiang Mai which still has a scene, albeit somewhat smaller than Pattaya. Unfortunately my home comforts are 6000 miles away without a decent ladyboy in sight and no like-mindeds to share some banter (except via the forum).

@Bumble Bee, Your right too, frame of mind & context is everything & with hope, in time, I may well be able to look at the place in a different light? Anyway, work permitting, if I'm around in November, the long beach walks would be exactly the type of thing that I'd look forward to, I live to walk & talk. I actually love to run the beach too, I used to go from the Wooden Temple in Naklua to the South Pattaya peir & then back again, stopping of for a quick shower & rub down in Soi 6 on the way!! He he he!

And you do sound very excited BB... Just like a young girl who's been fingered for the first time.

(If you can forgive me for that comment, I'd love to take you up on a few walks, might be just what the doctor ordered)?... And that's you too TexasMac.

Yea I do feel a bit like a giddy girl lol. There will be some good walkers and talkers in town in November, should make for some interesting strolls around town and environs. One of my favourites is heading over to Dongtan, cutting down the road that leads to the water park, and meeting up with the guys like PD, Bigtel etc for a few hours perving the passing traffic on the beach. Then stroll back to Patts in the late afternoon, magic.

Lung,

This "usual suspect" hopes you can make it down for the party in November as you've been around for my other trips and it's always good to meet up with a familiar fella in Pattaya, however briefly. :biggrin:

I'd fight my way thru any amount of traffic and spend my time next to a farting packkie on the bus(or anything else for that matter)just to be back in Pattaya right now, I've only got 25 days to go now and I'm as giddy as BB for sure.

Roll on Sept. 29th! :happy0065:

Door to door to Pattaya is 3 hours for me as U-Tapao ( army base ) is a trouble free quick 50 minutes in the air from Samui. The biggest headache though is that BKK airways ownes the airport here and are a blatant rip off at 9500 return. I get it for 7750 as I have a residence card but still very steep.

As there are a lot of great guys in town I will be gritting me teeth and staying for 2 weeks, but probably applying the BB plan of attack and mixing it up a bit.

@ Lung I hope u make it down as I'd like to meet up before I come to Chiang Mai later this year for some serious riding.... mountain bike and LB's :drinks:

I can sympathize Lung, it must be awful living in paradise. All those ladyboys, tropical weather, thai food, cheap prices - it would be enough to drive any man crazy!

Obviously I've not spent anywhere near enough time in LOS to feel what you're feeling, but setting aside my jealousy I guess I can empathize to an extent. But you gotta admit - it's an awfully nice problem to have. It's what we in the Misery Industry call "luxury problems".

Hope you're there long enough for me to finally get to meet you this January though!

Did anyone notice the really bad spelling mistake on the title? I've only gone & written 'Disolusioned' rather than 'Disillusioned', what's happening to me??!... MODS, any chance of editing it please?

Lung,

This "usual suspect" hopes you can make it down for the party in November as you've been around for my other trips and it's always good to meet up with a familiar fella in Pattaya, however briefly. :biggrin:

Ahh... You're talking me into it Sweetpee. :friends::air_kiss:

Door to door to Pattaya is 3 hours for me as U-Tapao ( army base ) is a trouble free quick 50 minutes in the air from Samui. The biggest headache though is that BKK airways ownes the airport here and are a blatant rip off at 9500 return. I get it for 7750 as I have a residence card but still very steep.

As there are a lot of great guys in town I will be gritting me teeth and staying for 2 weeks, but probably applying the BB plan of attack and mixing it up a bit.

@ Lung I hope u make it down as I'd like to meet up before I come to Chiang Mai later this year for some serious riding.... mountain bike and LB's :drinks:

I'm quite sure there would have been plenty of teeth gritting going on, at any rate Foggy!?

I remember the days when you could get cheap flights out of Samui to Udapow, as it just wasn't patronised by that many customers. It really was the only cheap way off the island other than by boat... How times change... That really sucks man, I feel for you!

Anyway, as I said to BD, I'll get down there if I possibly can, especially as I know that there's a few folk around who'd like to take it a bit easy ... And I'll bring my bicycle clips! :drinks:

PM me your dates please

I can sympathize Lung, it must be awful living in paradise. All those ladyboys, tropical weather, thai food, cheap prices - it would be enough to drive any man crazy!

Obviously I've not spent anywhere near enough time in LOS to feel what you're feeling, but setting aside my jealousy I guess I can empathize to an extent. But you gotta admit - it's an awfully nice problem to have. It's what we in the Misery Industry call "luxury problems".

Hope you're there long enough for me to finally get to meet you this January though!

Paridise lost, paradise found DT, I supppose it's only ever in the mind? I remember when I first came to Thailand, saying to friends back home, things like, "I may not have found Shangrila, but it sure is close"... That's what time can do; I'm a very dfferent person to the one that I was when I first got here & in a very much different place emotionally.

Begining of Feb, should be a definite as it's my birthday & it'll be coinsiding with a Cambo reckkie that I want to do, so I can tag a bit of a Pattaya trip either end of it... I just hope KenW will be around then, just in case I miss him during this years party season.

Talking of 'The Misery Business' I should go & make a post on your finacial services topic, I'm the worst investor in the world & I've paid the price for it!!! Maybe a finacial steer in the right direction might make me a bit more condusive to spunking my money up the wall in party town? Who knows... Thaibound's comments about 'fuck of money' are so true. I should know, it's what I had once & it makes all the difference around here!

Just a passing thought... And it's something that I'd ben chatting with PadThai Boy about, which is very pertenent to an expat like myself... 'Why are all these BM meet ups in the fuckin' high season? Not only is everything more expensive, but the place will be crawling with other BM's taking all the talent! That just isn't the way I like to do things...I LIKE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKIN' LOW SEASON, CHEAP AS FUCK, WHEN THE TALENT'S BOTH HUNGY & GRAETFUL!'

So OK, I'll suck it up to go see my chums, if I possibly can... And why not, they're worth it! But these meets are right when I don't want them & I know dam well that I can have a whole load of fun up here, attitude free, for about 500 baht & a few cheap drinks, with someone who hasn't been fucked by half of Forumland, in the commfort of my own home & I'll probably even get the place cleaned up for me in the morning too!... Looking at it like that, might make it a bit easier to see where I'm coming from.

• Upvote 1

Just a passing thought... And it's something that I'd ben chatting with PadThai Boy about, which is very pertenent to an expat like myself... 'Why are all these BM meet ups in the fuckin' high season? Not only is everything more expensive, but the place will be crawling with other BM's taking all the talent! That just isn't the way I like to do things...I LIKE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKIN' LOW SEASON, CHEAP AS FUCK, WHEN THE TALENT'S BOTH HUNGY & GRAETFUL!'

Lol I think you half answered your own question there Lung. :biggrin: November seems to be a good time for many guys from the Northern Hemisphere to get a bit of early winter sunshine and pre Xmas action. Personally I would never think of going to Los during the summer. Much easier and cheaper to head to the Med and guaranteed sun.

Familiarity breeds contempt, as the old saying goes, and the little annoyances start stacking.

It's a really tough human trait to shake. I find that it helps a little to simply remind myself that if I was anywhere else in the world I'd find a way to be complaining about essentially the same things... (assholes, idiots and shysters, by any other name...).