my first forum friends

well, in town right now, will try to find some of you !

This quote on the "New to LBR" thread got me thinking about my first meetings with people off the forums.....

I'd been to Thailand a few times before I found out about the ladyboy forums.But I was very naive...I (believe it or not) never even knew there were LB only bars.I usually found my LBs around nana plaza in BKK or beach rd ,or off thailovelinks before I came.

Discovering TLF really opened my eyes.I started reading avidly,and occasionally contributing to threads,especially the non-lb related threads.I do love a good debate,a bit of banter.I remember joining in the football thread over on TLF and upsetting a few people,including Mr Duke himself,when I queried his true allegiance to all things MUFC......(he's such a gent-he's probably forgot about it now)

There were some great debates on there,and I was really impressed with the scope of knowledge of the members in general.I pm'd a few to say hello,enjoyed your post etc etc .I thought to myself ,like TINTIN,next time I'm in town I'll try and find some of you.....

The first person I ever met off the forum was Lefty himself......the big lug.What a nice frendly bloke he turned out to be,and he was surprised he could understand my accent,as he couldn't understand the Duke-5555(we're from the same city in the UK)

I think he introduced me to Pig Dogg and took me around to the LB bars .I remember meeting Bumblebee in EZYbar ....anyway....i could name an awful lot now....the point is,with only one or two exceptions ,the BM's Ive met have been the salt of the Earth,Ive even made some lifelong friends on these forums,and that was something I never envisioned when I joined up....

So,here's hoping Tintin gets as much out of these forums as I have.........

• Upvote 6

Great comments Willie.

My first couple trips, I really had little interest in meeting any BM's. I did meet a few but it was really on the last two trips that I started spending time hanging with guys from the forum, and have found that with few exceptions, we're a quality group of gents. And, oddly enough, Lefty was one of the very first guys I met as well! He and his buddy Pdogg met me at PBG for dinner and then Lefty gave me the walking tour of the ladyboy bars of Pattaya. I've chatted with him a bit lately, and hope to see him on the board again someday.

I even found that a couple of guys I'd had running feuds with were actually very reasonable and interesting when face to face. It's changed the way that I post or rather - the way I respond to posts - in many cases. I try to avoid getting into too much of a pissing contest with guys now, as I'd hate to find myself enemies with someone I've never met, who in person might turn out to be a great friend and future wingman. Of course there's always exceptions to every rule, and some guys just refuse to agree to disagree and insist on making it into something personal. C'est la vie, we reap what we sow and all that.

Looking forward to meeting guys like you, Lung, Flatpack, Vic Flange, Tony Soprano, Iceberg Jr., and others that I've enjoyed talking to on the forums but have yet to meet up with.

The forums are a bit like the Higgs boson that's all over the news today, they are invisible to the outside world, but are the magic glue that holds most of us LB lovers together. I remember that night in Ezy Willie, Lefty told me he had met a good guy who was newish to the scene and that I should meet you.

When I was in Phnom Penh earlier in the year, it was through the forums that guys passing through town got in touch with me, total strangers who shared the same sexual tastes, and all quality guys. Not sure I would be as eager to meet strangers if they only shared a common interested in GGs with me, some of those guys are fooking weirdos lol. :20:

My first visit was in May of 2009. My wingman was a gentleman I knew as Richmond. He took me to Stringfellows, then LaBamba. Then a quick bus ride to WS and then to Jenny Star Bar where I BF my first Ladyboy. duke and BigTel were there to silently be amused at my amazement. Then my date, Richmond and I went to E-Z and that was the last I saw of him. It was my first night in Pattaya, I had an LB, and I was confused out of my mind. I dont regret or forget that first time.,

Great comments Willie.

My first couple trips, I really had little interest in meeting any BM's. I did meet a few but it was really on the last two trips that I started spending time hanging with guys from the forum, and have found that with few exceptions, we're a quality group of gents. And, oddly enough, Lefty was one of the very first guys I met as well! He and his buddy Pdogg met me at PBG for dinner and then Lefty gave me the walking tour of the ladyboy bars of Pattaya. I've chatted with him a bit lately, and hope to see him on the board again someday.

Looking forward to meeting guys like you, Lung, Flatpack, Vic Flange, Tony Soprano, Iceberg Jr., and others that I've enjoyed talking to on the forums but have yet to meet up with.

555-Lefty gave me the walking tour also DT.....ditto on the meeting list DT,with the exception of my good mate FP- a gent of the highest order(had to say that-Paeng might batter me)

The forums are a bit like the Higgs boson that's all over the news today, they are invisible to the outside world, but are the magic glue that holds most of us LB lovers together. I remember that night in Ezy Willie, Lefty told me he had met a good guy who was newish to the scene and that I should meet you.

When I was in Phnom Penh earlier in the year, it was through the forums that guys passing through town got in touch with me, total strangers who shared the same sexual tastes, and all quality guys.

Nice analogy with the Higgs Bosun ,BB.And we're probably as mysterious to the outside world as the CERN particle collider is to us.(Well,to me anyway) I've always liked interesting people,and our little group seems to have more than its fair share.What worries me sometime is meeting new members ,and hoping they are not the indiscreet loudmouth type.But thankfully I haven't really met any of that type yet.

To date I don't believe I've met a member of this forum or TLF that I did not feel comfortable with or enjoy spending time with. The encounters were eclectic. Some engaging; stimulating; enlightening; humorous; entertaining; insightful; informative; quirky; baffling; but none boring or disappointing. Even you Willie :biggrin:

It is an interesting fraternity for sure. As DT mentioned above, I too on occasion had some forum run ins with guys I hadn't met as of yet. However once we had the opportunity to meet and get to know one another all prior animosity quickly dissipated.

To be honest I don't think I have ever felt a closer bond with a group. There is undoubtedly a common DNA gene we've been blessed with and share. I came to this late in life nonetheless consider myself fortunate to have had the chance to share my time with many of you. I hope we are able to continue our communion for many years to come.

Much thanks.

• Upvote 1

the point is,with only one or two exceptions ,the BM's Ive met have been the salt of the Earth,Ive even made some lifelong friends on these forums,and that was something I never envisioned when I joined up....

Terrific thread willie, +1 for opening it. Your startup comments are spot on too, moving even.

I'm a pretty quiet chap, very shy when I was young. Even as an old fart now I still take quite a while to warm to strangers, and not making friends easily or quickly. [Many expats interpret my quietness as standoffish, which bothers me as I don't know how to overcome it. It's like in their minds it's an offence not to be extroverted.]

But our group is a heartwarming exception to all this. Meeting people like yourself, pdogg, bumblebee, BigTel, and within a metaphorical 5 minutes knowing, immediately sensing deep down, that here were friends for life, people I just knew I could trust the whole damn way.

It's a grand feeling and I'm so happy to be part of this mob.

• Upvote 1

Great thread Willie,and like DT said even if we had a bit of "running feuds" on the forums,I still think that in a real life meeting we'd all get along like long lost friends,as we are a unique fraternity of Ladyboy enthusiast and it's always good to be around like minded fellas.

I was lucky enough to meet SLBT(recognized him from a thread on LBP)on my 1st night ever in LOS,and also got to meet Juri(the legend,Id read about for many months before coming to LOS!)and of course my best wingman ever Dom/Woofie(where are you now my canadian friend?)as he saved my ass,on the "cigarette butt littering scam outside of MBK!"

I have enjoyed all of your PM's Willie and the only thing I can say now is I hope to finally meet up with ya in LOS. I'll be there from Sept.29th thru Nov.15th so I hope you're there during this time

Iceberg :biggrin:

But our group is a heartwarming exception to all this. Meeting people like yourself, pdogg, bumblebee, BigTel, and within a metaphorical 5 minutes knowing, immediately sensing deep down, that here were friends for life, people I just knew I could trust the whole damn way.

It's a grand feeling and I'm so happy to be part of this mob.

Thanks Ken, I am flattered by your above comment and I know what you mean. You meet guys in this scene, particularly the ones you know from their threads and immediately there is a connection that is hard to explain. A look in the eyes, a meeting of minds and a knowing smile that we are all singing from the same hymn sheet.

Speaking of Ninewives, brother BB, where is that little Aussie fuckwit??? I have been worried sick about him, it has been so long since he made contact.

I think he is working himself to exhaustion with his new job. I got an email recently saying he might try to join up with us all come November. The list of guys in town then just keeps getting longer. :drinks:

Alot ov my holidays in patts i spent by myself, however over the last two years or so i have met many BM,s on here and off LBP, i am a guy who wears his heart on his selve and say it is i see it, I cannot put up with bullshitters and guys with big ego,s. I try to help others where i can, and am open-minded enough to listen to others and gain their knowledge... Have met on the whole, some lovely people from completly diffrent backgrounds but through our love ov LB,s and femboys,it has been lovely to met u all, however i dont love u all............Regards Garry

• Upvote 1

Alot ov my holidays in patts i spent by myself, however over the last two years or so i have met many BM,s on here and off LBP, i am a guy who wears his heart on his selve and say it is i see it, I cannot put up with bullshitters and guys with big ego,s. I try to help others where i can, and am open-minded enough to listen to others and gain their knowledge... Have met on the whole, some lovely people from completly diffrent backgrounds but through our love ov LB,s and femboys,it has been lovely to met u all, however i dont love u all............Regards Garry

I "sussed" that out with you in seconds when you called me over when you were having breakfast at the Chow Soy in February, we had a good chat while I was waiting for my avator to arrive.

Garry you are the "salt of the earth" and a guy I would like to drink and hang out with, hopefully we will have a beer together in November :drinks:

I "sussed" that out with you in seconds when you called me over when you were having breakfast at the Chow Soy in February, we had a good chat while I was waiting for my avator to arrive.

Garry you are the "salt of the earth" and a guy I would like to drink and hang out with, hopefully we will have a beer together in November :drinks:

I hope so Duke, even a breakfast would be nice to mate...........Regards Garry

One thing for sure it enriches my holiday to have a good group of friends to hang around with .

Like most here I've met some smashing guys over the years and many have become good friends .

I love the early evening meet ups not knowing where the night will take us and the lunchtime sharing of battle stories of the night before , that makes any holiday .

The ladyboys aren't too keen on you having a good network of mates either , less chance of you giving them all your time , attention and money :nea:

• Upvote 1

I love the early evening meet ups not knowing where the night will take us and the lunchtime sharing of battle stories of the night before , that makes any holiday .

The ladyboys aren't too keen on you having a good network of mates either , less chance of you giving them all your time , attention and money :nea:

You forgot to mention the mellow afternoons chilling on the sun-loungers on Dongtan beach having some banter about our escapades also. Bliss, DK and Ciobha don't know what they are missing.

Jim those early evening meet ups really form the core of my trip, just great relaxing over a Red Wine or two whilst chatting with great friends.

B B, you introduced me to the delights of Dongtan Beach last trip which I must say was most relaxing, also enjoyed afternoon Coffee & Cakes at the Rabbit resort with P Dogg, shall be looking forward to more of the same in November :biggrin:

:drinks:

• Upvote 1