Two a Day Mongers Budget

randiuno

I have now had some great experiences in Cambodia and Philippines...but after watching a recent Ladboy Documentary on Youtube, I think I owe to myself to travel to the LOS and get groove on. However, the summer airfares to Bangkok from the states are 40 -50% more than in the winter. So I might have to budget this trip.

Does anyone have an estimated budget for 7 day and nights (short trip) for full on ladyboy play day and night. Here is my top of the head idea, but let me know if I am overbudgeting, or way to low.

Hotels (multiple ladyboy friendly (bangkok/or Pattaya) - $50/night x 7 nights = $350

Food for one and assorted ladyboys - three meals per day at $10 (3x$10X7 days) = $210

Lady Drinks (no idea since I don't drink) and can I get away with this by just walking in, picking my girl and walking out of the go-go bars. $200

ladyboys - 3 per day at 1500 bhat($50) $150 x7 = $1050

General entertainment (discos/nightclubs/shows) $200

Total $2,010 plus airfare....

Does this sound reasonable...or too high or low.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Randi

This has all the ingredients of a classic trip report :crazy:

I've noticed too,that airfares are much more expensive this summer.

I will say this though....Whatever you can save on airfare,however little,could end up being a chunk of change/wedge in your pocket when in LOS.

Stick to this budget you've prepared,you definitely won't go short, and whatever you don't spend you can take back(use next trip!).

If that's your budget, you're golden. I'd take that money and go straight to Pattaya, where most costs will come in under that budget, and then you can relax and not worry about it.

But as we used to say in the ol' tour bidniz, "Take half the clothes and twice the money you think you're gonna need..."

Randi,

Sounds pretty close although you can probably find hotels($50 a night) alot cheaper maybe $30 a night,also as far as food probably $10 a day and you can eat good so this saves you some money also.

I'm not a "Cheap Charlie" at all but LOS is a very inexpensive place to visit.

I'm going later this year for 45+ days from the states and think I can budget at about $8000 give or take a few bucks,and still have a great time I don't usually go for 2 or 3 a day, so maybe you have this right?

Either way, have fun and can't wait to read about your trip,

Iceberg

Randi... I've enjoyed reading your PI exploits, can't believe you haven't been to LOS yet! You'll be spoiled for choice & ease of mongering in Patts, it can be cheaper than the PI if you budget well & you won't feel like you missed anything either. Lots of cheap eats & places to stay as you head over to 3rd Rd/Bukaow area.

It's a bit of a theme park really compared to the PI.

If it is your first time you really should spend a couple of days in Bangkok too, interesting place with all sorts of sights - find a reasonably priced hotel & eat mostly at the Thai street stalls & you can do ok. Good luck!

I normally bring about $300.00 per day which does not cover hotel.

That's 9000+ baht a day excluding hotel....

I am seriously impressed! I find that 4 - 5000 per day including hotel is roughly what I spend per day, averaged over my entire trip, excluding airfares and I am not aware of being excessively cautious or stingy. I am not trying to be deliberately offensive, but I am finding it difficult to see how you can spend that much, day in, day out. Is it possible for you to break that down into broad categories so I can get a feel for how the other half live?

(I am of the opinion that it is entirely up to each individual how much they spend - I wasn't there to help them earn it and so I have no relevant views on how they spend it, but I am genuinely curious how you can spend that much daily).

(I am of the opinion that it is entirely up to each individual how much they spend - I wasn't there to help them earn it and so I have no relevant views on how they spend it, but I am genuinely curious how you can spend that much daily).

just move out of the motel 6 you're in now and get a suite at the dusit thani, you stingy bastard

:bling:

p.s.

see you tomorrow at that place next to april for lunch?

37 baht for pahd thai and coffee. total.

:drinks:

p.s.

see you tomorrow at that place next to april for lunch?

37 baht for pahd thai and coffee. total.

Love that place :sad0116:

Say "hello" to Mama and Papa (and of course their lovely daughter) for me please. I gave them the photo that you took of us.

A plate of crummy pad thai here in my Manhattan neighborhood would cost me about 330 B (but that does include tax!)

just move out of the motel 6 you're in now and get a suite at the dusit thani, you stingy bastard

I will have to give that some serious thought - more expensive for sure but it would have the advantage of not having various forms of low life and knuckle draggers living in the room above me....

I will have to give that some serious thought - more expensive for sure but it would have the advantage of not having various forms of low life and knuckle draggers living in the room above me....

if the damn floors were carpeted you wouldn't hear my knuckles banging against it so don't blame me!

oh, and btw, those weren't my knuckles.

LMFAO at this thread....btw...who has the worst accomodations story?

I was coming back from Koh Rong in Cambodia to Snookyville, and didn't make a reservation, and it was a saturday afternoon during high season when i returned. So I couldn't get into the better accomodations near the beach. So i checked into the Motel 7 (That's right...cheap take off of Motel 6), on Ocheteaul Beach. The guy in the room next door must have had every girl from Victory Hill because all night long it was groans, screams, and thumps and doors opening and closing....and in the morning when I went outside there was a used condom on the walkway infront of my door...Not sure how it got from the room to the sidewalk....lol.

Anyway, that cured me of the $12 per night rooms.....lol.

Randi