recent experience with one way ticket entry to LOS?

JustSumGai

not sure I've done one in all the years but in any event things are different in many ways now so I'm asking if anyone has done this lately and what was the outcome.  In the past I'd book round trip with the return a few months away from arrival. No problem usually I'd do a month in LOS or get an extension and do 2 then boogie over to Cambodia for a bit before returning to LOS.  BUT THIS TIME not sure what the airline i LA will do. It's Starlux, new player so who knows.  I really object to the gov trying to force me to a set itinerary as who knows how it will go until you get there.  Might be nothing goes right and I WANT to leave at the end of a month, OR THINGS MIGHT GO RIGHT and I'll want to extend before heading to Cambodia. The 15 pound limit short haul airlines give you is shit for anything over a week and I'll be staying a posible 3 week or more, who knows (again).  To demand set departure date when they OFFER AN EXTENSION is a bit daft. 

I've got a 7 hour layover in LA before Starlux departs so I figure if THEY are pissy I'll be forced to book the cheapest flight into Cambo and maybe eat it. I'd prefer to go in by bus actually, can take a load of stuff that way.

I've never done this myself but I know a few guys who have and they had no problems at all. You can just print out some dummy return ticket with Trump airways or something other creative then bin it. Round trip is usually cheaper than buying two one-ways from Europe anyway.

4 hours ago, JustSumGai said:

To demand set departure date when they OFFER AN EXTENSION is a bit daft. 

Make sure you time that extension, i e not do it earlier than day 89 so you get the full 120 days. In my case this is of great importance but I know things can change overnight.

5 hours ago, seven said:

I've never done this myself but I know a few guys who have and they had no problems at all. You can just print out some dummy return ticket with Trump airways or something other creative then bin it. Round trip is usually cheaper than buying two one-ways from Europe anyway.

Make sure you time that extension, i e not do it earlier than day 89 so you get the full 120 days. In my case this is of great importance but I know things can change overnight.

I mean a 30 day extension on the on arrival visa exempt. When I do this I hit Cambodia for some time and return to LOS for another 30 day visa exempt and maybe another extension, but then that's IT for the year.  Unless I went for a Tourist Visa the next time but only 2 visa exempt entries in a year last I heard.

one way they used to do it was booking a train into Butterworth I think it was, which was a refundable ticket back then, not sure about now. They've NEVER said a word about my departure flights being three months in the future from arrival.  MOST of my concern is over Starlux as airlines HAVE been known to deny boarding with no onward ticket, don't want to get stuck flying you back home on their dime.  Like I said, I'll have 7 hours sitting and waiting at LAX so if they DO get pissy I can book a flight to Cambodia I would hope.  I suppose I could book a flight, get the e ticket for it then cancel it a few days later and show that e ticket to Imm...not like they are gonna contact that airline.

thanks for the input :) when are you going to LOS? I'd like to meet you, we're like minded on many things I notice from your posts.

4 hours ago, seven said:

Khun Seven, this doesn't apply to me but I am not so sure about this.   I think the 30 days begins after the expiration of the initial visa expiration or visa exempt expiration but I have no recent experience.

Requires some research.   If you get to keep all your original days and get 30 new days then going to Immigration earlier is a good idea to get it out of the way and to also be aware of any problems.

As far as showing the return ticket, I haven't heard of guys having problems when flying to Thailand but it is required for the Philippines.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2023 at 7:03 AM, JustSumGai said:

when are you going to LOS? I'd like to meet you, we're like minded on many things I notice from your posts.

I should've been there by now, but I'm waiting for the new visa rules. If that doesn't happen soon it's probably going to be November as we're already half way through winter here. The idea is to escape this inhumane climate nov to march/April. 

1 hour ago, seven said:

The idea is to escape this inhumane climate nov to march/April. 

People tell me that if you get a 60 day visa and then extend for an additional 30 days in Jomtien then you get the full 90 days whether you extended on for example Day 45 or Day 59.  Disclaimer: I have no first hand experience.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

People tell me that if you get a 60 day visa and then extend for an additional 30 days in Jomtien then you get the full 90 days whether you extended on for example Day 45 or Day 59.  Disclaimer: I have no first hand experience.

Yea that was my experience.  I went a few days before the expiry date of my 60 days, just to be sure I didn’t get caught out by any unforeseen holiday closures, and they extended from the date my visa finished, NOT from the day I visited.  Here are some notes I wrote down at the time, may well have posted this before.

Thai tourist visa extension notes

Some notes I want to put down on record here, to make it easier next time.

- The extension runs from the day a visa expires, not from the day you go to immigration to get it.

-You don’t get an arrival, departure card as of now.

- I signed every copy, not sure where I was told this before, maybe you don’t even have to, but there was no issue that my signature was on every sheet I gave them.

- I recall somewhere in the mists of time I was told to have two copies of everything, but they were happy when I handed over one copy of each required document.

- For part 3, I gave them a full copy of my contract, about 10 pages, plus a copy of the receipt when the woman who runs my place registered me with immigration on my first full day here.

-They stapled the photo onto the application

- They ask for a telephone number, but this is not stated on the application, so best have it handy to write down on the photo page. 
- Bring a pen..or two :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bumblebee said:

they extended from the date my visa finished, NOT from the day I visited.

Thanks. Good to know. Pretty sure it was from the day I visited last trip. I still want 90+30 days, same as russkies.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, seven said:

Thanks. Good to know. Pretty sure it was from the day I visited last trip. I still want 90+30 days, same as russkies.

It might well depend on the person stamping the extension, it didn’t bother me either way at the time as I only need another 20 days or so.  But I think i read before I went that it starts from the day your visa expires. Either way in this particular instance it did indeed start from the time mine was due to expire. 

• Like 1

I'm still trying to understand JustSumGai's situation. Does he intend to purchase a return ticket with an open-ended return date through Starlux Airlines (a new Taiwanese company I discovered after filtering out Google's suggestions leading to Starbucks pages) ? Or could there be a visa or return date issue with the Thai immigration ?

17 hours ago, seven said:

I should've been there by now, but I'm waiting for the new visa rules. If that doesn't happen soon it's probably going to be November as we're already half way through winter here. The idea is to escape this inhumane climate nov to march/April. 

Allow me to suggest to you and fellow BMs the option of a long visa run to Vietnam. You can obtain a visa for free, but it's valid for no more than 14 days. If you plan to stay longer, you'll need to pay for the visa, but Vietnam offers possibilitiess for visas that extend up to 6 months. Just keep in mind that a multiple-entry visa will be more expensive.

This provides you with the opportunity to enjoy accommodations at more affordable rates compared to Thailand and explore both destinations I visited  and new destinations. If luck is on your side, you might even encounter local ladyboys and test their talents.

• Like 2

On 1/2/2024 at 1:45 AM, Pulci Gorgon said:

I'm still trying to understand JustSumGai's situation.

I believe its about entering without a return ticket.

On 1/2/2024 at 1:45 AM, Pulci Gorgon said:

Allow me to suggest to you and fellow BMs the option of a long visa run to Vietnam.

I'm trying my best to avoid a visa run, I hate them and getting too old for travelling in the first place, but if the TAT won't accommodate us westerners like they do with the  Russians, Indians and Chinese, it's either a flight to Cambodia, Malaysia or Vietnam I guess.

I've done Singapore once,  Cambodia a few times on a minivan. One time a ladyman drove me to Poi Pet in her own car. I took a nap, woke up , blew her while she was driving, it was good fun.  I was lucky I had her with me as Poi Pet is a real shithole with scammers everywhere. She saved me both money and grief for sure.

Nothing compares to Thailand so far, imo. Never a minivan run again.

• Like 2

If I got it well, you're older than me and probably not thrilled about a visa run trip. I get that traveling with a van, especially to Poi Pet, can be a real hassle.

Last year (2022), there were affordable flights from UTP (Pattaya) to Phu Quoc, but it looks like Vietjet Air discontinued that route. This would have been an opportunity to discover an interesting touristic area. Anyway, there are no longer ladybys in Phu Quoc. I had also tried an Air Asia flight from Don Mueang to Siem Reap a few years ago, but it seems only Thai Airways and Bangkok Airways fly there now.

Anyway, my point is, instead of rushing back to Thailand as soon as possible, you can make the most of your visa run by taking some time to explore, relax, and maybe even meet up with some ladyboys if you can find a few. Since you seem to have a lot of time, you could stay for example 10 to 15 days in North Vietnam, forget about ladyboys and visit the main sightseeing destinations before going back to Thailand.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pulci Gorgon said:

you're older than me

57, entering the last quarter in 3 years, then everything can happen :party0011: :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Pulci Gorgon said:

Anyway, my point is, instead of rushing back to Thailand as soon as possible, you can make the most of your visa run by taking some time to explore, relax, and maybe even meet up with some ladyboys if you can find a few. Since you seem to have a lot of time, you could stay for example 10 to 15 days in North Vietnam, forget about ladyboys and visit the main sightseeing destinations before going back to Thailand.

I might explore northern Vietnam, a part I've never been to. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2024 at 9:26 PM, seven said:

Cambodia a few times on a minivan. One time a ladyman drove me to Poi Pet in her own car. I took a nap, woke up , blew her while she was driving, it was good fun.

Way to go Seven!   :good:

Viet Jet has 2 daily flights from Suvarnaphumi to Phnom Penh.  The 17:30 flight allows you wake up at a civilized time and take the 144 baht Jomtien Bus at 1 PM.  If you get there late the 2PM bus should get you on time. You can reserve 2 days in advance.

The Viet Jet flight gives you 7 kilo free carry on.  For about 500 extra baht you can check 15 kilo.  Flights as cheap as 2000 baht.  From Patts much better than Air Asia from Don Muang which after the add ons is not not nearly ascheap as it seems.

The Pass Taxi App can get you from Phnom Penh Airport to your Riverside hotel cheaply. Choose the Tuk Tuk option.

Riverside hostess bars are the path of least resistance if you've never been there.  Mostly ladies but some ladymen you can blow.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, seven said:

57, entering the last quarter in 3 years, then everything can happen :party0011: :biggrin:

I might explore northern Vietnam, a part I've never been to. 

You're still young (I'm older). If you plan your travels well, there's a lot you can explore. It looks like you have plenty of free time, which is great for you.

I mentioned North Vietnam as an example, but you can also explore places in South Vietnam (more geared towards meeting ladyboys), Siem Reap (focused more on Khmer temples than ladyboys), and many more destinations.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pulci Gorgon said:

You're still young (I'm older). If you plan your travels well, there's a lot you can explore. It looks like you have plenty of free time, which is great for you.

I mentioned North Vietnam as an example, but you can also explore places in South Vietnam (more geared towards meeting ladyboys), Siem Reap (focused more on Khmer temples than ladyboys), and many more destinations.

I appreciate your advice and comments. However I find no joy in traveling and see new places anymore, simply because its too much work getting there. I may have some time , but no energy or patience for it. Sad but honest.

I had already noticed that you tend to stay close to home. My suggestion regarding visa runs is precisely to head to a nice spot outside of Thailand using a comfortable mode of transportation, stay there for a few days to enjoy local sightseeing, have rest and possibly meet some ladyboys, and then return refreshed instead of rushing straight back.

My suggestion was aimed at the OP and other forum members who are more likely to consider travels, even though I acknowledge that I tend to travel too much myself.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2024 at 1:26 PM, seven said:

blew her while she

Back in my early days I reported on a lb I had befriended on TF. We met and on the drive down to Koh Samet she decided to get to know me better by getting my old fella out and giving me a blow job. I reported on this on the forum and got blown up by a BM for potentially causing an accident by letting her do it!. I told him I was totally under control! Well I think I was.

Think he was just jealous!