recent experience with one way ticket entry to LOS?

JustSumGai

On 1/4/2024 at 1:03 PM, seven said:

Don’t know, he mentioned  ‘long haul’ tourism in the video.

"Thailand’s tourism promotion executives plan to target the long-haul market in 2024. They are particularly seeking more the US and Canadian travellers."

"It comes as figures show that 39% of foreign tourists in 2023 were long-haul travellers. They spent an average of ฿74,000 per trip, nearly twice as much as short-haul Asian visitors."

I've been saying stuff like this for ages now, and I'm an idiot...so what does this make those making this statement look like?  Sadly I can't say this kind of thing really surprises me. TIT.

• Like 1

I was in Thailand 7 times last year - every stay around 10-14 days. Entered every single time with a one way ticket. Never had a question from immigration.

One time check in staff at the airport did ask for my return ticket. I told them, I hadn't planned exactly when to leave, and showed them a copy of my work schedule that said, I had to be back for work 2 weeks later. That convinced the check in staff, and she let me check in.

I was travelling visa exempt. If you need the tourist visa, you have to provide a return ticket in the application, I believe. I know some people who have gotten away with just taking a screenshot of a flight booking just before you go to payment site. Of course this won't have a booking reference, but 2 people I know got away with it a couple of times.

Otherwise just book a cheap dummy ticket

Good luck

• Like 2

thanks for the input, gonna wing it and cross my fingers.  This trip has so far been a catastrophe in that the 2 places I stayed  with friends and family for weeks even months are BOTH off the table and a third possibilty for long stay with a ladyboy friend in Cambodia ALSO fell thru so plans for a possible longer stay this time are dead and it's kind of like the first time I ever went not knowing what I was in for, except that was 2007 and things were cheap and inflation had not hit food, hotels, companions and the Thais egos (and I was 57, not 69).  For me, Bangkok has become one big luxuray mall and condo/hotel zone with upscale restaurants covering areas I used to love...like Soi 38's famous and long time food street. I'll base in Khon Kaen and make forays up to Udon to git me some now and then, and see what happens.  Let the adventure begin. 

• Like 3

I'm afraid that you are the third member on this board to encounter such issues during your trip. Asia continues to be a region where 'pay for play' is still accepted. Unfortunately, it seems we may have to contend with higher prices and services if we wish to continue dating ladyboys.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

no problem on the one way...apparently the airline checks in with Thai Imm and they say not needed.  The only problem I had was LAX where being mis-directed by staff and SHIT design caused me to walk about 4 miles. They should level that thing and start over.  Thanks to those who gave input about their experience...y'all were correct.

• Like 1