Sobriety

It's been two months since I've had any booze.   Bars are closed. Restaurants are not serving booze and I'm not one to drink at home alone.   Can't say that I miss it and nice to never have a hangover.

When the bars open, I'll drink again but since I feel so great by not drinking will probably wind up drinking less.   Think the ice bucket is the way to go for me or perhaps an occasional club soda mixed in after a couple beers.   It's probably easier to start a new habit after 3 months of bar closures.   

But I am looking forward to my first cold brewski when Katty reopens!   

• Like 2

I've been drinking less too. I was missing a drink when I had run out at home, but I think that was because it was unavailable. I did stock up when I was finally able to get an online supermarket order delivery last week, but have only had an occasional cold can of Stella or glass of cold white wine in the evening. I'm glad not to have any hangovers. It's great to wake up at 5am in these lighter mornings feeling ready to go - even if I can't go anywhere!.

But come the darker evenings in Autumn and Winter I expect my consumption will increase again.  

• Like 1

Yeah its strange.. I was having headaches (which I thought was part of the buzz) but the brewski's were causing me high blood pressure. When I stopped drinking 2-3 months ago.. the headaches lessened..

I might just have to go cold on the brewski's and stuff for a while.

I cut WAY down on how much I was drinking about 6 months ago. It was causing me all kinds of issues. Was dealing with gout, depression, stomach pains, insomnia, weight gain, joint pain, etc. I had no idea till I cut it way down all of those issues disappeared pretty much over night. Now I only have a couple of beers or some wine on the weekends with meals. Will occasionally have a bit whiskey or rum, but I keep it to no more than one or two. Any more than that and I start feeling shitty the next day. 

The old meat suit just can’t take the punishment like it used to. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, stoolpusher said:

I once watched the shopping channel for what seemed like hours because the remote was just to far away ( on the side table next to my chair ).

Those were the days but no more for me 

You have never told me of those adventures.