Yasothon

sustra2

I love Bkk but sometimes i need an escape ...so decided to go to Yasothon. Rocket Festval and Isaan Music Festival...what a pleasant experience. Strange as everything closes at midnight...so you feel like a zombie in a desert town at night ....but i guess you are already in good company. Stayed at JP Emerald...not bad but no swimming pool...with a Nightclub inside....My lb told me..."many many lbs here"...just saw 3...but if you love Music and countryside...this is a nice place

vlcsnap-2016-05-28-03h52m51s613.png

vlcsnap-2016-05-28-03h53m04s294.png

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, strocube said:

Nice pics. Love the giant frog. 

actually it is not a frog...but a toad...i have no idea how to upload a video here...but recorded the concert during rainy nights of these huge toads .... impressive...like relaxing music.....

vlcsnap-2016-05-30-19h34m09s241.png

vlcsnap-2016-05-30-19h34m00s462.png

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, sustra2 said:

..i have no idea how to upload a video here..

vlcsnap-2016-05-30-19h34m00s462.png

One way is if your video is on College Humor, Facebook, Flickr, Gfycat, Google+, Hulu, Instagram, SoundCloud, Spotify, Ted, Twitter, Vimeo, Vine, or YouTube then you can just paste the link on LBR and a video will appear.

As with this Youtube video, I am just pasting a link:

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, bumblebee said:

Good to read about one of the lesser visited places in Los Sustra. I find a few days in the countryside is a good way to make me appreciate the things I get tired of in Pattaya when I am there.

believe me or not...going back to Bkk was sad...i think i'll return next time to Yasothon..and why not...maybe a visit to Laos...that is only 100 miles away.

by bus is 7 hours...cost 420 baht from Bkk...the best chicken i have eaten in my life....

20160518_204551.jpg

20160517_183259.jpg

• Upvote 2

I've spent a bit of time there myself for Songkrans and a boat racing festival as that's where the other half is from. 

She did ask me if I wanted to go for Rocket Festival, I said no fukin way! Every time I've been there they are already on the Thai whiskey at sunrise,  adding fireworks into the mix didn't seem like a good idea.

• Upvote 1