Sponsors, big spenders and two week millionaires

Jimslim

" I remember when everyone wanted long time and seemed just happy to get a customer , 1000 Baht was the norm and no one argued about money " - The words of a friend recently .

And that's it in a nutshell , it wasn't that long ago .

I never really paid much attention to sponsors and over payers before , it never really effected me however recently it reared its head .

With the onset of the smartphone and social media some people are really losing the plot in my opinion .

I'll give a few examples - 

I called up a ladyboy who I've known a long time and gone with a few times in the past and she's always been great fun , so this time I call her to arrange to meet and she seems a little non committal so I ask her does she want to meet or not ? After a long pause she agrees .

Later that night I'm still intrigued about this so I ask her did she not want to meet ? 

She sighs and say's she knows me a long time but I only pay in her words "small money " and that she is popular now and gets big money .

As you can imagine this doesn't exactly go down well but I don't let it spoil my evening , I just make a mental note never to take her again .

When we get talking she shows me a few messages from customers , had I not seen it with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed it ....one guy who lives up country travels to Pattaya for the weekend and pays her 17.000 Baht for a night .... Yes you read it right Seventeen Thousand Baht ! 

Another girl I was with in a bar showed me a message from some guy in the same bar asking how much I was paying and offering to double it .

I saw a poll recently on another forum where the perceived average long time rate in Pattaya is now averaging at 2-3000 Baht plus tip for good service and taxi money ! 

And I won't even start about sponsors and some of the crazy sums of money they send .

Now OK the over payers will trot out the same old chestnut " My money up to me " as will the sponsors but this really is getting crazy .

I'm not a cheap charlie trying to screw people for a bargain but people need to get real here . 

My belief is that all this overpaying comes from insecurity so the guy believes he must blow all potential competition out of the water by paying way over the odds .... but is he getting 2,3.4 10 times the service ? Is he shite .

It Isn't the end of the world you will rarely get turned down over money but some people really need a reality check .

Do these good guys think their extra tips go straight home to mum and dad ? 

Or could it be the Thai guy with the bouffant hair and half grown mustache at the local karaoke who is laughing all the way to the bank ?   

But then again - My money up to me !!!!!! 

• Upvote 9

This really could fuck things up.  If 3000 baht became the norm for a long-time I reckon I'd be as well staying in the UK.   I'm hoping this is a temporary setback.

Saying that, It's an excuse to bring more in from out of town - ladyboys from the country that'll undercut the Pattaya superstars.   That should fix the problem.

• Upvote 3

17,000 baht a night! WTF??? :blink: There's a sucker born every minute, I guess................................................................................ :rolleye0012: HELL NO! I think she's just trying it on, to see if you'll bite, and of course you won't Mr. Slim, who in their right mind would? :biggrin:

17000 is of course an extreme though some of the more popular ones do get large sums of money every once in a while . 

It seems we still get it easy , try getting a Go Go girl on Walking Street now for less that 3000 Baht , for a far lesser service , or try to get her to stay long time  

Just to clarify I don't blame the girls at all for this , if someone offered me way over the going rate to do a job I'd bite their hand off .

The fault lies firmly with the stupid farang who sets these silly prices and raises the expectations of the majority of the girls who will never achieve these rates . 

Hey, lets all go to the Phillippines instead. 

In the Philippines they are thankful that guys will take them out and show them respect .

Myself , Donnykey and Piggdogg recently took 14 ladyboys out to a disco for an evening , bought them cocktail towers and food and we had a great night , it was worth it alone just to see the ladyboys enjoying themselves , everyone was taking pictures and laughing and dancing .

No one would ask for anything in fact at one stage we noticed a group at one table hadn't touched their beer tower , it turned out they didn't really like it but they were too polite to say , so we downed it and bought them a cocktail tower instead 

Next day we all got some lovely messages thanking us for inviting them out and telling us they had a great night .

In Thailand  they would want compensated for their time , they would be on a mission to order as much food and drink as they could and the local Thai boys would be invited over to drink your whiskey and eat your food . 

• Upvote 3

There have always been the big spenders in the lb scene - in the early days it was the Japanese. However with the greater use of the internet and social media apps it seems that lbs are able to lure more "whales" than just the Japanese.

As for the Philippines, it has to do with exposure. The more it is promoted as the next hot spot for lbs, you can be sure the scene there will change to be more like Thailand in terms of pricing. The attitude of the lbs change because of demand - and once lb mongers start heading to the Philippines in bigger numbers, I would expect the attitudes of the lbs to change there as well. Don't forget that the Thai lbs had attitudes like the Filipina lbs in the early days (15 years ago or so).

Thanks for sharing Jimslim

• Upvote 2

They are in business...so let them do their business.

Choose the good ones ...leave the others to their black mercedes with driver behind...in bkk where i am now it is like horror movies....look like zombies....but still some good out there....

Spending too much last week i put a roof of 1.000 baht a day...that obviously made my lb turn up the nose

As for the Philippines, it has to do with exposure. The more it is promoted as the next hot spot for lbs, you can be sure the scene there will change to be more like Thailand in terms of pricing. The attitude of the lbs change because of demand - and once lb mongers start heading to the Philippines in bigger numbers, I would expect the attitudes of the lbs to change there as well. Don't forget that the Thai lbs had attitudes like the Filipina lbs in the early days (15 years ago or so).

You could well be right once peoples expectations are raised they expect more, nothing wrong in that .

The holy grail for most Philippine ladyboys is to make it to Thailand to work , that in itself tells us something 

However I don't see guys who like lbs heading to the Philippines in bigger numbers not on the short term anyway  

The place is maybe 20 years behind Thailand and the poverty and lack of facilitates can be startling , it will take a long time if ever to get like Thailand ..... somewhere like Angeles which would be the closest comparison to Pattaya is a dump it makes Pattaya look like Las Vegas .

Philippine ladyboys are on the margins of society due to the ultra Conservative Catholic society they live in , they might get more tolerated as time passes but I don't see them being accepted until the nonsense of religious superstition wanes .

One good thing is Filipino's are more westernized and don't have that ultra nationalist xenophobia that many Thai's have drummed into them .     

• Upvote 4

With experience comes knowledge, we hope, and it's pretty easy to dance around the prima Donna that won't budge on price and find the smart chick that will accept a lower price knowing u will return, or sitting around all night isn't baht in the purse waiting for that one big score.

If she's hot she will always have the higher payers and sponsors lining up but Mostly there not there right now.

The tourist areas will always have the best looking and hottest chicks around with or without attitude and so u should know you will be hit with lots of silly quotes and diva attitude.

So obviously the less touristy places and places with ladyboys that don't like the crowded touristy areas, new of the bus girls and regular job girls that would appreciate a little help are the preferred target.

Another idea and one I use a lot is the internet because it works both ways for them and us, meaning it shows us what and where there available.

I still find there's still plenty of hot sexy young and older LBs available for fun at the right price.

That said I've also been hit with some silly quotes more recently than not.

Just depends where and how you want to spend your night.

• Upvote 4