New Star Wars; Yea or Nay?

KhunDeaw

My vote; couldn't care less about that boring franchise, couldn't care less if they ever made another one, and as usual laughing at the people standing in long lines or waiting for midnight showings, etc.... it's similar to the cult of Apple, but with even more nerdy people.

Saw the first one years ago, thought it monumentally sucked, will never see another one again.

I vote NAY

• Upvote 2

I too couldn't care less. I saw about half of the series and only because I had to tag along with others who were biting at the bit to see them. I will be in Thailand at the end of the month and promised my gal (who is nuts over Star Wars) we'd see it if it was playing in Samui. Secretly I hope it isn't. I am more interested in the new Tarantino movie which opens Christmas Day. 

• Upvote 1

I only saw the first two Star Wars movies in a galaxy (and time) far far away. I was thinking on my hangover days during my next Pattaya trip I would watch them all and catch up. But if I do I obviously won't tell you guys. :biggrin:

A movie for nerds and weirdos if you ask me .

Yep, they are probably so weird they like transsexuals or something like that. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Over-hyped nonsense......it's pretty much all you hear about if you turn on the tube or surf the internet these days, at least in America.

Still can't decide which is worse, Star Wars or Star Trek?  And, does it really matter?

As soon as I see either one released a new flick, I run in the opposite direction. 

Looking forward to it, I'll go on Xmas Eve as my Significant Other is back in NYC for christmas with her family and mine doesn't really do anything on Xmas eve. Figure the crowds will be light, so I'll go see it at the Imax theater that's the best cinema in the city.

Can't believe so many would turn their backs on it because it's "hyped". Do you always make decisions about things that you've not experienced? Contempt prior to investigation doesn't always serve one. Not to say that you should not use common sense, but deciding that a piece of art sucks without even viewing it seems kinda silly.

Contempt prior to investigation doesn't always serve one. Not to say that you should not use common sense, but deciding that a piece of art sucks without even viewing it seems kinda silly.

Not sure about the other guys, but I did see a Star Wars movie once, I believe it was when the first one was re-issued {read; put out again so a new generation of theater-goers could donate to the till} and honestly, I fell asleep.

Some people just aren't cut out for watching science fiction, some are. Enjoy the show!

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like I'll be going to see it this weekend as I figure it's a movie the teerak will enjoy.

I remember not being all that impressed with the original and probably saw one or two sequels.

But if THAT many people like it then i guess it can't be that bad.

I'd rather see The Big Short.  Gotta figure out how torrents work