U.S. Supreme Court Rules on SSM.

bumblebee

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court legalized same-sex marriage across the United States Friday in a closely divided ruling that will stand as a milestone in its 226-year history.

The justices ruled 5-4 that states cannot deny gay men and lesbians the same marriage rights enjoyed for thousands of years by opposite-sex couples. Within days if not hours, the decision is expected to trigger same-sex marriages in states that still ban the practice.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/06/26/supreme-court-gay-lesbian-marriage/28649319/

• Upvote 1

I find it awesome to see how many support this decision has generated not only in america but over the whole world , specialy on the social media side , you can add the LGBT colour in your profile very very cool........

Even the White House is Rainbow!

post-7348-0-26537600-1435427807_thumb.jp

• Upvote 1

I did not know i had so many lesbian and fillippino Bi girls on my fb most of them have colour there profile......

Very brave move knowing how conservative that country is with a almost 100% dominant church ruling.....

Greetz , Stealth

I did not know i had so many lesbian and fillippino Bi girls on my fb most of them have colour there profile......

Very brave move knowing how conservative that country is with a almost 100% dominant church ruling.....

:biggrin:

If someone wants to change their Facebook profile to rainbow colors they can do it in a couple of clicks by visiting

https://www.facebook.com/celebratepride

post-7348-0-53351700-1435502617_thumb.jp

Not only the SCOTUS but New York gets in on the action as well.......

NEW YORK — The Stonewall Inn, the Greenwich Village bar where resistance to a police raid sparked the modern gay rights movement, was made a city landmark Tuesday, the first time a site has been named primarily because of its significance to the LGBT history.

"New York City's greatness lies in its inclusivity and diversity," Meenakshi Srinivasan, chairwoman of the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission, said before the unanimous vote. "The events at Stonewall were a turning point in the LGBT rights movement and in the history of our nation."

Patrons fought back against a police raid on the Stonewall Inn on June 28, 1969, and the street protests that followed for several days are credited with galvanizing gay activism in New York and globally. The rebellion is commemorated with annual gay pride parades in hundreds of cities.

post-80-0-80697800-1435535456_thumb.jpg

post-80-0-38864700-1435535567_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Not unexpectedly, some Republican presidential candidates are calling the Supreme Court decisions on same sex marriage and The Affordable Care Act, the "darkest days" in American history. They are also promising legislative changes to reduce the power of the Supreme Court so it can no longer "damage" American society.

I hope these comments are remembered by the public if one of them is selected as the Republican presidential nominee.

The moron politicians who were obviously just posturing for votes are apparently giving up the fight......

GRETNA, La. — The country’s last major pockets of resistance to same-sex marriage were rapidly shrinking on Monday as officials in states across the South, citing the rule of law, softened their defiance and began offering marriage licenses to gay and lesbian couples.

Here in a suburb of New Orleans, Alesia LeBoeuf’s hands were shaking moments after she and her partner, Celeste Autin, became the first same-sex couple to receive a marriage license in Louisiana.

“I’m just speechless,” Ms. LeBoeuf said. “I never thought I’d see the day.”

Louisiana was the last holdout, the only state where no same-sex licenses were issued on Friday after the Supreme Court ruled that gay men and lesbians had a constitutional right to marry. Over the weekend, Gov. Bobby Jindal, as he condemned the Supreme Court decision, said that Louisiana would comply when instructed to by a federal appellate court. Licensing offices across the state said they were waiting for orders.

But Jon Gegenheimer, the clerk of Jefferson Parish, just outside New Orleans, decided to issue licenses on Monday morning. First in line were Ms. Autin, 53, and Ms. LeBoeuf, 54, sweethearts since high school and both employees of the clerk’s office.

By the afternoon, at least nine parishes, including Orleans, East Baton Rouge, Caddo, St. Charles and St. James, had also begun issuing licenses to same-sex couples, according to Forum for Equality, a marriage-rights group that had sent a letter to parish clerks on Sunday warning that they could be liable for violating couples’ civil rights if they refused to provide licenses.

“The dominoes are falling,” said the group’s executive director, SarahJane E. Brady.

Marriages in Mississippi, which had been temporarily halted on Friday by an order from Attorney General Jim Hood, resumed in some cities on Monday after Mr. Hood clarified his statement and gave county clerks the right to make their own decisions.

Calling the Supreme Court opinion “the law of the land,” Mr. Hood’s statement said, “If a clerk has issued or decides to issue a marriage license to a same-sex couple, there will be no adverse action taken by the attorney general.”

He also warned that “a clerk who refuses to issue a marriage license to a same-sex couple could be sued by the denied couple and may face liability.”

In Jackson, the Hinds County circuit clerk, Barbara Dunn, alerted marriage-equality supporters who had been waiting in the courthouse. The first licenses were issued, and four weddings took place by lunch.

By late Monday afternoon, at least 45 counties in Mississippi were providing marriage licenses to same sex-couples, according to the Campaign for Southern Equality, a gay-rights group.

:happy0065: Bravo for the great State of Louisiana. :happy0065: 

I spent a lot of time there when I was younger and have a fond affection for the people. On the other hand the society treats its gays and minorities in a nasty way. This is slowly changing for gays but like civil rights/equality for blacks it will be a long time before the every day Joe is able to intellectually/emotionally/religiously/socially be able to accept it unconditionally. Just IMHO of course. 

The Supremes decision prompted Wall's Ice Cream to come up with a clever but not politically correct advertisement.

Some of you old beans might find the etymology of ถั่วดำ  Black Bean (bean black) interesting.

BANGKOK — An ice cream company in Thailand has apologized for referencing a derogatory term for anal sex in a Facebook post intended to celebrate the US Supreme Court's landmark ruling to legalize same-sex marriage in all 50 states.

Over the weekend, Wall's Thailand, a subsidiary of the international ice cream brand Wall's, posted a photo of black bean flavored ice cream on Facebook with the caption: "Wall's supports all form of love. #lovewins."

Many commentators on social media criticized the post for alluding to "black bean," a slang term in Thai for anal sex that is often used to demean gay men.

According to an article published by Naewna newspaper in 2007, the term originated around 70 years ago when a man named black bean (tua dam in Thai) was arrested in 1935 for allegedly having anal sex with underage boys in Bangkok.

Several hours after a stream of angry comments began to surface on Wall's Thailand's Facebook page, the company removed the photo and replaced it with a new post featuring a rainbow colored popsicle.

However, commentators continued to demand an apology, leading the company to post a statement on their Facebook page yesterday morning.

The statement said:

"Wall's would like to apologize and express our regret if we caused any misunderstanding with the aforementioned post. We did not intend to make anyone uncomfortable. The company has already removed the message that caused the misunderstanding."

In a lengthy post published on Medium.com, a Thai user called Hima argued that the ice cream company’s joke would perpetuate the stereotype that gay men promiscuous and sex-obsessed.  

"It will only make people misunderstand gay men even more," he wrote.

It's not the first time the company has used black bean ice cream to reference the offensive slur. On Valentine's Day this year, Wall's Thailand also posted a photo of a black bean ice cream pop with the caption "I love you, buddy," in a reference to the title of 2007 Thai film about gay men.

Gay marriage is not recognized in Thailand, despite a concerted campaign by LGBT groups in recent years. Although the LGBT community is much more visible and accepted in Thailand than in neighboring countries like Malaysia or Myanmar –  there are no "sodomy laws" in Thailand, for instance – gay men and women do still face discrimination in the workplace and other areas of life.

NGOs alleged that some nightclubs, bars, hotels, and factories denied entry or employment to LGBT individuals, particularly transgender persons."

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1435566747

This forum is for homos.  Faggots are fine and dandy but you guys should admit it.

I usually make a point of welcoming newcomers to the forum when they post for the first time. Given your chosen forum name, avatar, and repugnant post I find it difficult to extend the invitation. 

what i was going to say before Hatey chirped in was that some papers i read in BKK made the point that Politicians probably like the fact that the Surpreme Court makes the difficult decisions as they are off the hook " it wasnt me"

im not from US but it seemed to make sense