Hassled vs Ignored

pdogg

Guys have lots of complaints about ladyboy bars.

One complaint is that they get badgered for drinks and hassled by the ladyboys.

Who wants to go to a bar to relax and then have the staff try to impose their will on you?

Another complaint is that a guy goes into a bar and gets ignored by the staff.

Who wants to go to a ladyboy bar to have some fun and then be totally ignored by the staff and left sitting alone?

I reckon the most successful ladyboy bars are those with friendly, sexy ladyboys who neither hassle you nor ignore you.

But to some degree there is a tradeoff and it's often one or the other.

So which bothers you the most gents, Getting Hassled or Being Ignored?

difficult to answer .... i have been in many places with a lot of hassles.....on the other hand never found a place where i was completely ignored

so by now i would reply hassles

the day i will find a bar where all the staff is ignoring me totally....i would decide to change my deodorant brand.

Bangkok ladyboy GoGo Bars are a pain, the ladyboys on stage are all over us like a cheap suit untill we've made a choice, vying for attention and demanding to be chosen.

Apart from that I'm comfortable with other formats where I'm either left alone or the LB's are polite and attentive or each one introduces herself without worrying the life out of me for a ladydrink.

Check In Bar, Bangkok perhaps operates the method of working I prefer most but that's not to say I dislike any of the others.

Being hassled is much worse.  If ignored, I can leave after one drink and no harm is done. Some guys take being ignored personally but many of us guys are online at our jobs goofing off too.  But surely there is a way for girls to interact with customers so that they don't feel hassled.

I find being hassled gets my back up fairly rapidly and as it makes me uncomfortable I want to get out asap.  Being ignored is fine as I don't take it personally and it used to give me time to relax and scan the venue without having to fend someone off and being on the back foot from the start.  I don't really see it as being ignored, more a case of being given some time to make up my mind. 

It is more polite (that means I feel more comfortable) in calling over a girl if I am ignored (or I can always leave the place) rather than having to kick away harassing girls. It shows they don't care to your well being but just acting to milk money from your pockets, pretending they are nice to you. Fake smiles!

• Upvote 2

Hasseled is the worst. If ignored there is, as said by previous posters, the option to "hassle" one of the ladies. After all, it's a bar and almost always, the ladies are there for business. I have never left a place without company unless that was my intention.

• Upvote 1

I have a theory that perhaps smart phones are a major part of the reason why guys get ignored.  I have been going through some old photos of the LB bars from 5 or 6 years ago, before smart phones.  There seemed to be more interaction with the customers back then. The old La Bamba for example had low sofas and the girls used to flirt and pop down beside you for a grope from time to time.  They danced to the Beyonce concerts or whatever was playing.  They didn't have the option of scanning the bar, not fancy the options and then head outside to line up a better alternative on Line, Thaifriendly etc for their nightly income.  They had a limited amount of customers, the ones sitting in the bar and had to sell themselves more accordingly.  Just a theory mind but maybe it's part of the reason guys complain about getting ignored in the various bars these days, the girls' hunger is just not there anymore.

• Upvote 2

I have a theory that perhaps smart phones are a major part of the reason why guys get ignored.  I have been going through some old photos of the LB bars from 5 or 6 years ago, before smart phones.  There seemed to be more interaction with the customers back then. The old La Bamba for example had low sofas and the girls used to flirt and pop down beside you for a grope from time to time.  They danced to the Beyonce concerts or whatever was playing.  They didn't have the option of scanning the bar, not fancy the options and then head outside to line up a better alternative on Line, Thaifriendly etc for their nightly income.  They had a limited amount of customers, the ones sitting in the bar and had to sell themselves more accordingly.  Just a theory mind but maybe it's part of the reason guys complain about getting ignored in the various bars these days, the girls' hunger is just not there anymore.

I totally agree, more options = less customer service

I have a theory that perhaps smart phones are a major part of the reason why guys get ignored. 

You could be on to something there and I don't think its unique to the Thai bar scene .

In my city I see people sitting in restaurants not taking and playing with their phones , ignoring the person facing them who is probably doing the same .

People walk down the street with their heads down gazing into Facebook absorbed in reading what their friends had for breakfast totally oblivious to the real world around them .  

• Upvote 1

I have a theory that perhaps smart phones are a major part of the reason why guys get ignored.

I'm with BB on this one; girls absorbed in their phones, playing games, lining up their next victim or advertising on Thai Friendly.

Just the way it is now, the scene has changed.

Back to the original question, give me being ignored any day vs. hassled.

With free lancers, Thai Friendly -or just walking down the street- a punter needing the bar to hook up is greatly exaggerated. Bars can still be fun- in small doses :)