Band Names

SiamSam

His father was Jewish but his mother was a Christian. So maybe hes neither. Im sure Bolan was really gay anyway. My hero for sure and a sad day when he died

The rumor was that his father was  Rabbi but he was a truck driver in fact.

Im thinking about your new que Sam but i cant just remember.. give me time  

Im thinking about your new que Sam but i cant just remember.. give me time  

Okey Dokey but when I tell you you're gonna kick your ass for not getting it. 

Hint: My daughter is 21. She saw the movie with me as a young teenager. Afterwards she became a devoted T-Rex fan and has their stuff on her iTunes playlist. Bolan's material is timeless. 

COOL BEANS Mr. Trenton. Much thanks for this. I never knew even though I was a devoted fan of T-Rex since being a young lad in university in the early 70s. Can't believe the magic that's handed down from generation to generation. You and TC are younger than me so there's the proof. AND my daughter loves the group. So there you have it.

Now, what movie am I referring you? If you've seen it and can't remember, you'll kick your ass. If you haven't seen it then you need to. I am happy to bring you a copy in December. It is inspired and the T-Rex music evokes and ticks all of the right boxes. 

I cant remember the Film but i remember the songs when they must have advertised it on TV. Also from memory i think someone covered " Get it on" maybe some heavy metal band.. was it the original music or cover bands on the Movie ?

Anyway the answer to his surname was "Feld" .   Marc Feld was his real name

I actually have the vinyl of Tyrannosaurus Rex,  their name on the first album when they were more of an acoustic folkie unit, haven't listened, or seen it in decades, but it is sitting somewhere on the shelf about 7 ft. away from me right now (probably right next to P Floyd's Piper at the Gates of Dawn)... I liked the T Rex band as well.

Their music was used quite a bit in Dallas Buyers Club, but that's not Sam's flick I reckon.

T-Rex was released in 1971 and yes "Mambo Sun" is a terrific song as is "Get it On".

However for me T-Rex's best was their 1972 SLIDER album. Simply classic tracks they every generation since seem to enjoy. Give it a listen again.

Metal Guru; Mystic Lady; Rock On; The Slider; Baby Boomerang; Spaceball Ricochet; Thunderwing; Main Man; Cadillac; Chariot Choogle and of course my favourite: TELEGRAM SAM.  :biggrin:

If I was doing a playlist for La Bamba T-Rex (Slider) would be first on my list. I'd be interested to see if the gals got into it. 

Yes, they've now set the counter to 900 quadrillion or some whacky number.

Apparently You Tube uses 75% of the available band width world wide. This leaves only 25% available for everything else we use the internet for. Like this forum for example. 75% is a stunning figure for one web operation. Mind-boogling. 

BTW, I like "Condom Star".  :happy0065: