Band Names

SiamSam

Jerry Lee is sitting in with Letterman's band tonight!

Story I heard was that one of the Crickets gave up his seat on the plane at the last minute to Valens or the Bopper that night. That guy's name was Waylon Jennings. (At least that's what he said.)

Thanks for the heads up, Hefe. I'll tune in. Do you know if theres a date set for Lettemans goodbye?

I heard Dave mention next spring on one of his shows.

Earlier we had a question about Angus & Malcom Young from AC/DC, but what about their older brother George who produced their early hit albums?

What band was he in that had a big international hit in the mid-60s? Or what was the name of that song?

Hint: Everybody's working for the weekend (not the name of the song)

Jerry Lee is sitting in with Letterman's band tonight!

Story I heard was that one of the Crickets gave up his seat on the plane at the last minute to Valens or the Bopper that night. That guy's name was Waylon Jennings. (At least that's what he said.)

That night Bopper wasn't feeling well. He had flu like symptoms. As a result one of the Crickets gave him his plane seat. There was one seat left on the plane. Another Cricket did a coin toss with Valens. Valens won, sort off.

Sad fateful night. Indeed the night the music died as immortalized by Don Mclean. 

Earlier we had a question about Angus & Malcom Young from AC/DC, but what about their older brother George who produced their early hit albums?

What band was he in that had a big international hit in the mid-60s? Or what was the name of that song?

Hint: Everybody's working for the weekend (not the name of the song)

George Young along with Harry Vanda formed the Easybeats & the song you remember is Friday On My Mind. They wrote many major hits as well as mentoring AC/DC. Vanda & Young are rock & roll royalty in Australia.

• Upvote 1