Best Pattaya bar for a first timer

stjames1892

Hi guys, I will be visiting Pattaya soon and wondered if you could recommend one bar for a first timer to visit, which would it be ? I am looking for somewhere easy to find, with good looking girls, and a relaxed non-pushy atmosphere.

So, Waling St ? Soi 6, 7 or 8 ? Soi Buakao ? Where to start ??

• Upvote 1

Sensations on Soi Buckhaou is pretty laid back and has an excellent repuatation..

Heard good things about the new 69 Bar.

If you're into gogos, there's Baby Boom off Soi Buakhao.

If your out in the afternoon, Soi 6 has four all ladyboy bars, some of those have a repuatation for being pushy though.  So What and Horny Bar might be good choices on Soi 6.

Best to hit as many as possible early in your trip to see which ones you like and get exposure to as many ladyboys as possible.

Hi guys, I will be visiting Pattaya soon and wondered if you could recommend one bar for a first timer to visit, which would it be ? I am looking for somewhere easy to find, with good looking girls, and a relaxed non-pushy atmosphere.

Difficult one that James, but I can tell you where not to start, and thats Hi-Boss on Soi 6 :biggrin:

Batman started a thread on this new bar which as PD has stated is getting a good rep

http://www.ladyboyreview.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4540-69-bar-pattaya-new-ladyboybar/

La Bamba on Soi 13/1 (Yamato)

http://ladyboyportal.com/la-bamba-ladyboy-bar-review/

Lita Bar on Soi BJ (off Walking St)

http://ladyboyportal.com/lita-ladyboy-bar-review-pattaya/

Sensations (Action Street off Soi Buakhao)

http://ladyboyportal.com/sensations-ladyboy-bar-pattaya/

Fantasy Lounge (Soi Buakhao)

http://ladyboyportal.com/fantasy-lounge-ladyboy-bar-pattaya/

would be my personal choices for a first timer

• Upvote 1

Sorry to disagree with virtually everyone here, but having recently come back from Pattaya, with the exception of Roadhouse & the 69 Bar which I haven't yet been to, I really wouldn't recommend any of these bars to a newcomer (& that's in spite of one of my very best friends on the scene owning one of these bars)... Personally, I feel that you could well be thrown to the dogs here St James.

If you don't mind the trek try T.J's Soi 14, Naklua...  It's managed very responsibly & the staff are polite & attentive without being pushy... And it's got just about the warmest & friendliest atmosphere of any ladyboy bar that I've ever encountered.

• Upvote 2

TJs sounds interesting. What's the best way to get there from central Pattaya ? What is the quality of girls like ?

I had a great girl from Beach road last time, but find it pure luck there

This was a guy's impartial view written February 2014

"TJ’s Music Bar is not your typical Ladyboy bar but I thought it would be worth a mention. TJ’s Music Bar is located in an area called Naklua which is just a few minutes’ drive from Central Pattaya, Thailand. From what I understand the bar is German owned and it is a mixture of both ladyboys and girls. As the name suggest, it really isn’t a bar just for sex but a place to hang out, listen to live music, drink, watch sports on the big screen or play a few games of pool. It is a popular spot for those in the area and for those that need a break from the craziness of the Pattaya bar scene.

I am including this bar because there are a handful of sexy ladyboys that do work in this bar. I would say no more than 6 on any given night but they are sweet, fun and would love to have a drink with you. You can go with the ladyboys as well in short time rooms nearby but not on site or take them home. I am pretty sure you have to wait until their shift is over as the ladyboys are employed as waitresses at this bar, it is not your typical pick up joint.

The bar itself has several places to sit, some sofa like chairs, stools and tables and more stools by the bar where you order drinks. They usually have a live music band playing in the front and the customer base is a wide range of both guys and girls that are mostly middle age clients. If you are looking to stick your hands down a ladyboys panties right in the bar it probably is not the right place.  This is more of a relaxed atmosphere for the most part but from my experience the ladyboys are pretty good of slipping their hands in your pants from behind a table. The bathroom is behind the bar down to your left and the bar is an open faced bar so you can see and be seen by most people on the street. They have a number of pool tables and a very professional semi pro table but you might have to wait a while to get a chance to play on that table. They also have the occasional party and buffets with pretty good food are quite common for the establishment.

TJ’s Music Bar is located on Soi 18 on Naklua Road in Pattaya. To reach it from Central Pattaya just get on Second Road and drive pass the roundabout many people call it the Dolphin Turnabout. Drive for a couple of minutes until you see the Soi 18 sign and then turn left. TJ’s Music Bar will be just down the street a little on your right hand side. You usually can park along the street in front or close to the establishment. I will admit it is a little off the beaten path and you will not be right in the nightlife action but a short taxi ride back and you are in the thick of things once again. However, there are a few beer complexes that are within walking distance.

Personally I am not a huge fan of live music bands and when I go out I like a little more excitement to my night. The bar also has a number of dogs that walk around the bar and last time I was there I saw a couple of them peeing on top of a table which I found a little gross. The dogs are owned by the bar and are not some random street dogs but still I wish they keep them in another area or not bring them at all. Though I suppose a lot of the regulars expect to see the friendly faces of the dogs when they arrive. For the shy Ladyboy fan the privacy level is not the greatest but since this bar has both Ladyboy and girl staff you could just buy drinks for both and play the fun guy role. If you are fondling and drooling all over a Ladyboy then you might get a few looks from some people in the bar but for the most part I would not worry about it too much.

The bar was also involved in the Ladyboy Water Volleyball charity events which shows their commitment to give something back to the community. For the most part the bar can be a good time and it is a nice choice if you would just like a relaxing night or perhaps just the start of your night with a few drinks. It is not a Go-Go bar and it will not have a lot of ladyboys trying to tear off your clothes. However, there are a few sexy ladyboys and they are very happy to hang out with you and maybe something naughty after. Just remember this is not really a Ladyboy bar but instead a bar that happens to have a few ladyboys as waitress staff. They will not be begging you for drinks or a short time but the option to have sex with them is surely there.

• Upvote 2

TJs sounds interesting. What's the best way to get there from central Pattaya ?

If you are lucky a baht bus from 2nd Road could go all the way to  Soi 18 on Naklua Road ( I think that is the name of the main road in Naklua, it is moe or less the continuation of Pattaya 2nd Road after the Dolphin Roundabout..

Some baht busses turn around at Dolphin Roundabout (or even before) though.

Lung makes a good point. While guys whose faces are known don't get much if any hassle in the LB bars and we tend to take it for granted it surely must be a different kettle of fish for an unknown face.

And BB makes a good point as well. Just because some of the popular bars get rave reviews doesn't mean that a newbie will get a really warm welcome and hassle free visit.

Bars in Thailand can be very hit and miss; the vibe can change from day to day and some times even from hour to hour.

My advise for newbies is sure read the forums, but trust your gut and form your own opinions.

The one exception is High Boss- you couldn't pay me to go in there again. I posted that on another forum and got flamed by several "admirers" of the joint.

I know what I know, that's my story and I'm sticking to it :)

• Upvote 2

If one is interested in Naklua check out the two pages of this thread.

http://www.ladyboyreview.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4108-naklua-this-week/?hl=naklua

I'm not a huge fan of TJ's. Maybe a bit too laided back. I do usually make a couple of trips up to Naklua during a long trip just for a change of pace. But unless a newbie knows his way around I would stay closer to the core of Pattaya. YMMV and all that stuff...

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Lita Bar on Soi BJ ...

​specially for first timer..and if you don't want to be seen with ladyboys.. some of the LB's maybe been around fore a while but they are not hardcore like some of the other bars..and been a indoor aircon bar you can have lot more fun far away from prying eyes..

• Upvote 3