High Stool or Wicker Chair?

bumblebee

Choose Your Seating  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Prefer a High Stool or a Chair?

• Stool
    • Chair

So you are out for a few cold ones, does the seating in a bar play any part in where you go?  Personally I always prefer a low chair/ sofa, something reassuring about having my feet on the ground, I am funny that way. :biggrin:

I suppose a lot of the time it depends on the type of night you are planning.  Low chairs for a chilled night, high stools for more of a bar crawl.

With my ageing back the way it is I can no longer bear bar stools of any kind. I need back support.  A nice comfortable chair is essential.

Even though it's probably a bit politically incorrect, I enjoy the colonial decadence of wicker arm chairs.

From memory they were (are?) available in Corner Bar (Sunee). They certainly adorn various outdoor footpath bars along Sisowath Quay in Phnom Penh, and they are used in a local bar 200m from my house in Saigon. Very comfy.

• Upvote 2

I don't care as long as the chair isn't too low. When sitting in chairs where my knees were higher than my pants pockets I've lost two phones that slid out of my pocket.

Good point Xyzzy.  Deckchairs are constant offenders in this regard.  I dropped my Samsung twice from slippage, and both times the locals called after me to give it back.  It made me buy one of those pouch bags as the third time I may not have been so lucky.  Now deckchairs in a bar, there is an idea.

Deckchairs are constant offenders

Reminds me of that painful day earlier this year when BB and I went to Dongtan beach.

Trying to lower myself into the deckchair, I caught some fingers in the moving parts, blood started to spurt out and I yelled out at the top of my lungs MOTHERFUCKER.  Everyone turned around to look at me and I got up to wash my hands in the salt water and the other patrons kept their distance as who wants to deal with a bloody man who's screaming motherfucker.

The guy running the concession was great as he had some antiseptic and a bandage; maybe it wasn't the first time it happened.