Pattaya Doctors Dentists and Hospitals

pdogg

Hey Guys, if you know a good doc or dentist please post it here.

Dr Olivier is Swiss general practitioner who speaks perfect English.  Not cheap, but not too expensive either.

On Soi Day/Night, the first one you get to from the Beach (there are three main sois, this is the one that does not border Tuk Com).

Closes about 4PM except Saturday around 1PM.  Closed Sunday.

• Upvote 1

Dr Olivier is Swiss general practitioner who speaks perfect English.  Not cheap, but not too expensive either.

I had to visit Dr Oliver due to my evening activities .

His place is well run and efficient I was in and out and sorted in about 20 mins .

For a consultation , a visit to the nurse for an injection and a course of tablets was 1800 baht , not cheap as has been stated but then I'd sooner go somewhere where I know I'm being properly examined and treated .

I was right as dodgers by the next day .

• Upvote 1

Anybody here had all of their teeth removed and replaced with implants? If so, what are your thoughts on the matter?

I keep paying huge amounts of money for crowns, root canals, gum surgery, this and that. It never fucking ends and it amounts to 10s of 1000s of dollars. I often think I should just pull the lot of them out and replace with a complete set of implants. 

Curious to know if anybody here has done the same.

• Upvote 1

Last Thursday I felt what I thought was a pimple in my pubes squeezed it...........just got worse and bigger and I concluded it must be a boil or a maggot, Visited a couple of pharmacies and I always check their suggestions there and then by googling it because some of the stuff they suggest is totally inappropriate.Bought Vaseline to check if it was a maggot and Fucidin an antibiotic cream.

Also had googled natural anti-inlammatories & antibiotics....stocked up on Garlic,Honey,Ginger.Virgin Olive Oil and Green Tea.

Net result was that it definately was not a maggot but by Sunday It almost looked as though I had a second tummy with inflamtion spreading rapidly,I was also feeling really ill.

I spent many hours on all the different forums ie LBR,LBP,BkkLbs,Thai Visa and Pattaya Addicts and of course google,using the search criteria "Doctors" and only found info from 2008,

PM'd Mr Info BB who came back with Dr Oliver. but unfortunately he is not open on Sundays but when I used his Name in searches I found quite a lot of extra info some as recent as 2012.

The closest recommendations I found were the new Pattaya City Hospital a government institution reported to be exceptionally clean,helpful efficient and cheap as chips.Only operating as an out patient unit at the moment...........my 1st choice but when I got there just after 4 pm found that they close at 4pm although the notice did say closed except for emergencies.....but I could not see anyone in sight.

It can be found in Soi Buakhao a few meters down the opposite side to 18 Coins.

Moved onto the 2nd recommendation Buakhouw Clinic on Soi Buakhao between Soi Chaipoy (Oasis A Go GO) and Fantasy Lounge.

Confirmed there was a Dr Patti in attendance who saw to me as soon as she finished with her current patient.Limited English but seems to understand what you say.

On examination confired that it was infected and proceeded to lance it and try and get all the muck out.everything she used was either new out of a sealed packet or seemed sterilized,Dressed the wound gave e a penicillin injection,supplied a 5 day course of antibiotics.anti-inflamatories and pain killers.Cost 1160 Baht and told to return for 2 days to cleanse and redress the wound and get another penicillin injection.Each of those visits would be 300 Baht.By Sunday night I was feeling much better.

On my return yesterday Dr Patti went through the same process and was really able to get a lot of muck out and decided to inject an antibiotic into the wound/infected area in addition to the penicillin Cost 450 Baht.

She also believes it's probably going to take a week to clear up and heal.Was happy to supply the Brand names of the products used.

Good thing I am in LOS for a long time because a week without beer and LB's is gonna be really painful........although found some very good no alcohol (0.50%) beer........Pics attached of Pattaya City Hospital and Buakhouw Clinic attached..............

post-212-0-34799400-1396322995_thumb.jpg

post-212-0-07139700-1396323074_thumb.jpgpost-212-0-12712100-1396323115_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like I am going to need one of those dentists,ffs. Had the mother of all toothaches now for 2 days, and really need to get it sorthed before it ruins my holiday. Probably a filling needs replaced, so any advice on a good dentist highly appreciated.

The German Dentist on the Jomtien Road. I asked the Penthouse one time who they recommend. I was very pleased with the place & the service. The owner, Michael I think his name is, isn't allowed to perform the work but he oversees everything his dentists do. 

I know lots of dentists get recommended, everyone has a preference but based on my experience I don't think you will get any better. And I thought the cost was most reasonable. Cheap actually but it was 3 & a half years ago.

Heading towards Jomtien you can't miss the huge sign THE GERMAN DENTIST in silver letters across the building front. It's on the left hand side of the road before you get half way.

I'm sure you will be OK at most places but the management at the Penthouse told me not to go anywhere else. Do with that information what you will. Good luck.

• Upvote 1

Looks like I am going to need one of those dentists,ffs. Had the mother of all toothaches now for 2 days, and really need to get it sorthed before it ruins my holiday. Probably a filling needs replaced, so any advice on a good dentist highly appreciated.

What went in that mouth of yours young Ciobha?

If money is not a concern and all you care about is good dental care, then I recommend the Dental Center on the top floor of Pattaya International Hospital on Soi 4.  The price is at least double most street clinics though.

Dr Aree, who was the best dentist of my life used to work there but she's moved out of Pattaya.

But I continue to go there and the other dentists are all excellent.

For routine visits they are usually booked weeks in advance so just walk in and say it's an emergency which is true.

An added bonus is the windows of the dental offices look out over Alcazar.

Cheers Bobby, much appreciated. Last night was relatively pain free, although it is nagging again today!!

I'll give it a day or so with amoxicillin in case it just an infection (and no, before you dirty pervs ask, it is not down to ladyboy sausage in ones mouth)

So, I couldn't get an appointment at the hospital dentist until Monday, and last night the pain was unbearable!!! Jaidee,and of all people, Palm (remember her) told me last night to go the dentist on Pattaya Thai, facing Tuk Com, she said they will see you immediately in there if you in pain.

Sindy took me this morning, and true enough, no waiting, they brought me straight in for surgery. Needed some root canal work done, and have to go back Monday to have a crown fitted, but hopefully the pain should now ease, and I can start to enjoy my holiday.

Probably very reasonable pricewise, for all the work it will cost around 15k baht (hard for me to tell if this is good, dental work at home is highly subsidised by the NHS)

• Upvote 1

Probably very reasonable pricewise, for all the work it will cost around 15k baht (hard for me to tell if this is good, dental work at home is highly subsidised by the NHS)

Root canal surgery is extremely cheap in the LOS.

The crown is the expensive part.  You can get porcelain, gold (two different types), or platinum. The cost of gold crowns are correlated with the price of gold although does not fluctuate on a short term basis.

I'm sure the place you went to is quite good.  I just feel more comfortable going where I go and paying a big premium for what most likely is the illusion of a more professional atmosphere.

Now you can really start enjoying your holiday! 

• Upvote 1

have to go back Monday to have a crown fitted, 

I reckon once that Crown is fitted we should call you King Ciobha  8P or even King Cobra for short  :biggrin:

:drinks:

• Upvote 1

Well, Monday was finishing the work on the root canal, clearing the infection etc., and I was back this morning to have pins fitted to strengthen the tooth for the crown. All very professional and extremely friendly service, I would highly recommend. All told the final price will be 18.5k baht. Definitely worth it, I just wonder would it have been easier to just have the tooth pulled in the first place and have it over and done with. Something to think about for anybody in this situation in the future.

Miss Sindy has gone with me every trip, I am not good with dental work, and it is nice to have a local on hand to communicate should there be any misunderstandings. I can't thank the fine lass enough.

• Upvote 1

In short, you just found yourself a new way to get orally violated in Pattaya.

Just joking buddy, I'm glad to hear you're feeling better and thanks for the extracurricular info (although I hope I'll never need it).

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know of a good plastic surgeon in Pattaya with threading skill. I am told it can redefine my sagging jaw line with no down time.   3,000 in the US  I have seen ads for 30,000 baht in Patts.  But who know anyone's true ability without a credible referral.

It was Smile Dental Center, BB. 111/76-77 South Pattaya Road.

Young dentist, but very good.

Hi Ciobha, thanks for the update on Pattaya Dentists. I need a new bridge and root canal so will go there in September.

I guess the key thing is to bring a translator as the English is not very good.

Anyway, Sindy is a good choice, watching her would definitely make me smile.

Ciobha,

Forget the bridge and go the implant route. Less strain on the adjacent supporting teeth. I have four implants and they're fantastic. I can chew through anything. For the first time in my life I feel like a true Canadian beaver.  :biggrin: Check it out. You might be surprised at the cost in LOS. Of course you will require crowns on the adjacent teeth but perhaps the two crowns and one implant will be cost competitive with the bridge. Just my humble opinion of course. 

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know of a good plastic surgeon in Pattaya with threading skill. I am told it can redefine my sagging jaw line with no down time.   3,000 in the US  I have seen ads for 30,000 baht in Patts.  But who know anyone's true ability without a credible referral.

Check out the BangkokHospitalPattaya..had my eyes (bags)done in there few years ago no proplems..

• Upvote 2

Anybody here had all of their teeth removed and replaced with implants? If so, what are your thoughts on the matter?

I keep paying huge amounts of money for crowns, root canals, gum surgery, this and that. It never fucking ends and it amounts to 10s of 1000s of dollars. I often think I should just pull the lot of them out and replace with a complete set of implants. 

Curious to know if anybody here has done the same.

Well...if you still got few good teeth thay can be used as a base instead of the implants for non-removable dentures..I got a gum problem ...had my top jaw done that way ,same same but different..4 years now no problems I payed 50.000th then..