Jimslim said:

I suppose it was inevitable but I've now shagged a monk .

I'll add that to the list to tell the grand children about .

Inspired by this post from our own slim jim.......I thought yeah,im sure we all have some claims to fame(or infamy)......I actually managed to shag  a very well  known phnom penh LB,and her sister!-yes ,her/his real sister,same mama and papa....said LB looked daggers at me when i barfined her sister and took her home.....

My other main claim to fame was i shagged Mrs Merton .......

• Upvote 2

I shook hands with Peter O Toole in a bathroom in Galway after he showed concern for my barking cough in the toilet cubicle. "I though you were dying in there old chap."

nice one BB.....coming from Manchester,i'm probably one of the few people from there NOT to have had a drink with George Best...(or Hurricane Higgins for that matter)

555-hey Duke ,you must have shook hands with a few famous footballers over the years....you ever meet Georgie?

Never met George but stood outside that White house he built in Bramhall all those years ago for 30k, saw him play for Stockport County twice though at Edgeley Park

Ive shook hands with the likes of Sir Alex, Robbo, King Eric Cantona and the likes over the years (too many to mention) and even had Christiano Ronaldo leaning on my shoulder for about 15 minutes once in the United dressing room while Possebon was getting treatment and carrying off Gordon Ramsay the chef...lol

Non footballers at Old Trafford would be Sir Roger Moore (one of my heroes and hence my username) and more recent Evander Holyfield & Usain Bolt plus a pic taken with David Beckham at Salford City Stadium

post-136-0-86245400-1395231963_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-05292900-1395231990_thumb.jpe

post-136-0-20205200-1395232006_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-72919900-1395232029_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

my old apartment block was mentioned in Oliver Twist and was where Bill Sikes met his end in the book.. i lived underneath a very famous London based  Australian celeb whose initials are C J , a miserable bugger. I think he still lives there  in the penthouse.

I moved to a new place and the local Taxi Driver told me that Jack The Ripper killed one of his victims here... in the courtyard i think. Used to get tour groups outside but none for two years now

• Upvote 2

Got told to "fuck off" by Martin Shaw (Doyle from the Professionals) after he crashed into me while exiting a theatre side door without looking where he was going in London's West End many years ago. I'd told him to "look where you're fucking going" without realising who it was at first.

Spent about 20 minutes alone in a room with Alan Alda (M*A*S*H) at a posh London hotel (working on the fire alarm system).

Had a cup of coffee made for me by Myra Hindley (Moors murderer) while we were alone together in a small kitchen (again, while working on the fire alarm system at Cookham Wood Prison).

Used to fix and maintain the computer of Mrs. Biro at her own home, the wife of the ballpoint pen inventor, Laszlo Biro.

I remember mentioning the last two somewhere else before on the forum.

• Upvote 2

Got told to "fuck off" by Martin Shaw (Doyle from the Professionals) after he crashed into me while exiting a theatre side door without looking where he was going in London's West End many years ago. I'd told him to "look where you're fucking going" without realising who it was at first.

I would still have said the same DC :biggrin:

Don't forget you spent time with me too Mr. Cox. Please tell me that must have been a highlight in your life also.  :biggrin:

That goes without saying SS. You're etched in memory, particularly the time when I had to buy both you and PDogg happy hour beers at the Foreign Correspondents Club in Phnom Penh mere minutes before the hour was up because you were both late. I remember you panicking in the background over the phone as PDogg put the request through   :biggrin:

I would still have said the same DC :biggrin:

Good point  :happy0065:

• Upvote 1

Spent about 20 minutes alone in a room with Alan Alda (M*A*S*H) at a posh London hotel (working on the fire alarm system).

Had a cup of coffee made for me by Myra Hindley (Moors murderer) while we were alone together in a small kitchen (again, while working on the fire alarm system at Cookham Wood Prison).

Used to fix and maintain the computer of Mrs. Biro at her own home, the wife of the ballpoint pen inventor, Laszlo Biro.

I remember mentioning the last two somewhere else before on the forum.

I remember being utterly impressed with your Biro story... It was the in a thread where I mentioned Jonny Morris (claim to fame) screaming his head off at me... But I'm fucked if I can remember what it was about???

Same as Duke007 I've got too many to mention... And I recall being accused of name dropping when this site first opened up... So I'll just mention my favorite, which was performing a citizen's arrest on Boy George for smoking dope in the urinals of The Camden Palace back in 1980. 

• Upvote 2

Would that have been the time when your interest in ladyboys started too Lung? :biggrin:

5555... Funilly enough, that same evening, I first tried to tackle him for looking too gay.

I just couldn't help myself, I was completely overcome with alcohol, emotion & class 'A' drugs myself... But I really did pay for it later when the bouncers knocked me up & down Camden High Street :vava:

And guess what else... About 3/4 yrs later I went out with his sister... Who's better looking, BTW

• Upvote 2

That sounds about right Brother Slim. Higgins favourite haunt was "Bittles Bar". He used to go there and get tanked up before getting the Liverpool ferry just  a stones throw away later in the evening. Problem was, he would have spent every penny he had in no time, then scrounged off the punters to buy him drink and sub his ticket for the ferry.

• Upvote 1

Another claim to fame.. I've shared beers on several occasions with the stretcher bearer of Robin van Persie  :biggrin: 

I helped carry Robin van Persie off on a stretcher last night, all in a day's work :hi:

I read this yesterday daytime and mentioned it to the lads at Sensations last night as the game was being replayed on their TV. Once RVP got chogged in the last minutes about 8 of us gathered and stared at the TV, including little Miss Owe.

Only a 'blink and you'll miss it' moment, but it was worth it  :happy0065:

• Upvote 2

I drove Paddy Hopkirk through the streets of Leipzig, in the good ol' days, at top speed because he was late for his flight. The VOPOS were waiting for me on my journey back to the exhibition grounds

Whilst the Sales Manager of an international airline I met Arthur C Clarke several times, even was invited to his Sri Lankan home which was a bit creepy as he had a lot of pretty boys living there. Exceedingly interesting man.

The Supremes was also a good one, their flight was severely delayed so I took them to an old English river-side pub near to Gatwick and got them absolutely rat-arsed. 

Not forgetting La Bamba Nancy who was my overnight guest on Friday night!! Phew that was a helluva ride.

• Upvote 3