The Big LBR Non Google Trivia Quiz

bumblebee

Another weak President has met his match against a strong Russian leader with Obama's weakness giving Putin the green light to start throwing his weight around.

Anyway, here's my question - what type of movies did Stalin like to watch? And the answer is ironic.

Charlie Chaplin?   :obscene:

So what should Obama do?

I don't think the USA should act unilaterally.  If something is to be done then NATO should do it.

Charlie Chaplin?   :obscene:

So what should Obama do?

I don't think the USA should act unilaterally.  If something is to be done then NATO should do it.

Stalin's favourite movies were Charlie Chaplin & Westerns. Ironic when you consider it.

As for what Obama should do, that's the very question that crossed my mind when I typed my post. His action in endorsing sanctions is probably enough, time will tell, but it isn't so much what he can do now, it is the judgement that has already been made about the man going on his previous form. 

Russia see Obama as a left wing ideologue, a man who developed his beliefs through his upbringing & academic experience. He has never been hardened by war, he isn't a "hawk" who came to continue the Middle East conflict willingly. That he did was to his credit, the man is not silly & the arguments would have been well considered. But his talk of peace & closing Guantanamo have marked him as someone who the Russians have labelled as an easy foe. Putin would have carefully considered what reaction he might expect from Obama & calculated that he was never going to commit to another fight over somewhere like Crimea.

However Crimea isn't the problem, Obama's worst nightmare would be if Putin decides he wants to take back Ukraine. Or other states. NATO would do nothing without Obama's imprimatur. They are mainly an extension of the US military there to do the bidding of their master.

Gall-Peters/Mercator projections?

OK, JaiDee thought it was to do with eyes, but it's not something you look with - but it is something you look at.

Still no takers for my question?

Perhaps I should give you all some latitude:

No, I shall be cruel, & not map it out for you...

The Mercator scale is to be found on any large map. I think it relates to the laying out of the world on a flat surface which gives a false scale for the top & bottom of the world. i.e. a globe can't be drawn to scale in two dimensions.

Islam believes Jesus was a prophet. Muhammad was another, how many prophets do Muslims believe have been sent to Earth by God? 

ive got a muslim question for you......   how long  did the muslim cleric who raped and murdered his own daughter (recently) serve in jail?

answer -1 week,coz it sez  its ok to do so in the Koran.......

Islam believes Jesus was a prophet. Muhammad was another, how many prophets do Muslims believe have been sent to Earth by God? 

Probably a bit much to expect for someone to know without googling the answer. (Unless you're one of *them*.)

The answer is 124,000.

That means we have all probably met one of them. I suspect SiamSam is one, he comes out with some weird stuff now & then...       :mad0240-1:

OK, saw this one online just today,  BB and others who are good with musical questions may know this one;

Name the only all-female band, who wrote their own songs, to make it to number one on the Billboard chart?

Hint ; American

The Bangles

Hey, at least you gave it a shot.

As our esteemed moderator, Mister P.Dogg always says; "Better to put down something than just leaving it blank!"

For what it's worth I liked the Bangles better, but both bands were quite wimpy.  'Walk like an Egyptian' was a cool song and Susanna Hoffs - yummmmmm

post-107-0-58054300-1396948951_thumb.jpg

I think the answer is around 20 to 30, with Mohammed being the last Prophet. It's heresy for anyone after Mohamed to be called or compared to a prophet.

I thought there were three - Moses, Jesus & Mohammed. I had never heard of so many prophets but 124K is the number.