Soi Buakhao - Your Tips and Thoughts.

bumblebee

From my very first day in Pattaya, Soi Buakhao has been a constant on my trips.  I had always stayed on the street up until the last month of my last trip, and it holds many fond memories for me.  In the 6 years i have been hanging out in Pattaya I have watched with interest as the area develops and becomes quite a popular place for many of us.

With money being tight for some of us these days, because of the dreadful exchange rates, the area offers some great deals regarding accommodation and eating in particular.  So what I am suggesting here is letting other members know about these places and making Pattaya a much more reasonably priced experience for those watching their pennies.

So lets take a stroll along this bustling soi that connects Pattaya Tai with Pattaya Klang and share our recommendations.

First of for those who like browsing markets there is the Tuesday/Friday one at the south end of the soi.  Always a good spot for a bargain, whether it be on a stall or a stray LB doing her shopping. :biggrin:

post-106-0-19478300-1374092513_thumb.jpg

post-106-0-57870200-1374092515_thumb.jpg

post-106-0-15554200-1374092518_thumb.jpg

post-106-0-79835600-1374092520_thumb.jpg

post-106-0-95206600-1374092522_thumb.jpg

post-106-0-06837400-1374092525_thumb.jpg

post-106-0-15232200-1374092527_thumb.jpg

post-106-0-26485400-1374092529_thumb.jpg

For the coffee enthusiasts (like me) Brother 17 pointed out what is supposedly a fine coffee house just off buakow. Didn't get a chance to sample it myself, but hopefully 4;17 can give us the low down on quality and price when he gets out of class.

• Upvote 1

I love soi Baukhao and it sure changes as the day goes on.

During the day it's a buzz with activity and there's always a massage parlour with multiple opportunities waiting.

-Grab a late breakfast at 18 coins and then cross the road for a beer with Gordie.

-Or sitting in an outdoor bar watching the ladies strolling by in the late afternoon.

-Beware after 2 am, it's not for the faint of heart, try riding a motor cycle down the road approaching Soi Diana, it's like a minefield of horny ladies ready to take on anyone who slows down.

-Or try walking from Soi Diana north past Pook Bar in the wee hours of the morning its at best a challenge...

-Then of course theres always Action Street and we all know what kind of sugar is available there.

Yep it's enough to make a man yearn to go back!

• Upvote 1

I also love Soi Buakhao.

Funnily enough this most recent trip (Feb 2013) was the first time I ever got round to staying there. I stayed at Greenery House which, despite its odd name, is a mini hotel of quite recent construction or refurbishment. It was 30 USD/night, boy friendly (I never got around to taking a LB back, but I presume therefore, same goes), cool, light, airy, with very pleasant and friendly staff.

It is located right opposite the Tues/Fri market bb gives us pix of above, at the Pattaya Tai end of the soi.

Last trip I don't think I ever ate out of the soi: certainly all breakfasts, an Indian with dixon (sorry can't recall name and failed to get a card), another Indian further down (same same), a pasta in a place (also name forgotten) just metres off the soi (ate with pdogg and Sam so they may give you the name), have been known to have some fun at Pook, drank many afternoon and early evening aperitifs at various joints, and of course... and of course ...

it's a 5 minute stroll to Sunee!!!!

Speaking of strolls, it's also only about 20 mins away from the PBG.

• Upvote 1

And a 1 minute sprint back with the delight of the night.  :biggrin:

You got it Sam.

In fact less when he has a motorbike at hand.

This afternoon I recalled I did in fact eat out of the soi that trip: at least twice at PBG with husband & wife bb, bubba, 4:17, Sam, pdogg, donnykey, etgohm, ... et al. (sorry guys it's been too long now).

Never mind, that recent adjustment in memory just highlights how the soi was so central and crucial to me, that this morning I could forget the above listed enjoyables.

For the coffee enthusiasts (like me) Brother 17 pointed out what is supposedly a fine coffee house just off buakow. Didn't get a chance to sample it myself, but hopefully 4;17 can give us the low down on quality and price when he gets out of class.

I think that might be the place in the square where they hold the Tuesday/Friday market.  It's on the Pattaya Tai side of the open area, just to the left of the exit that faces the Friendship Supermarket.

Anyone have a suggestion for a two month rental (mid January - mid March) on/near Buakhao? I would prefer to be near Diana/LK Metro/etc instead of farther south on Buakhao. But the right place at the right price might change my mind.

Anyone have a suggestion for a two month rental (mid January - mid March) on/near Buakhao? I would prefer to be near Diana/LK Metro/etc instead of farther south on Buakhao. But the right place at the right price might change my mind.

Perhaps the best thing to do is go onto Google maps, cruise that area and find some names.  I used to stay down near Action St.  Lots of monthly options there in the 8500 to 12,000 range.

This area of Buakhao has seen the development of 2 major bar complexes in the last year, the Blue Rahtree and Action Street.  A sign of the times perhaps of how the powers to be are planning for the future of the town, opinions?

I think it's a damn fine idea. When you have dead ground hidden in back of the buildings that hug each side of streets, such ground can be usefully taken up by building a complex like Action St back into it. You can see an example behind Sensations. That ground lies dormant except for Tues/Fri market stall holders who use it as a parking lot those 2 days of each week.

• Upvote 1

I'm enjoying this thread thank's bumblebee.

I'd like to stay in this area in November.

I'm not a Pattaya regular and haven't been there for 4 years so I'm studying the pics and hoping they'll help me work out where the hell I am when I get there. 

• Upvote 1

Pretty cool being able to see Sensations from the balcony of your old room BB!    :pic:

Yep many guys would give their free hand to live so close. :biggrin:    I spent many a quiet night chilling on my balcony looking at Action St and found it amusing to think I take having the bar so close for granted while guys were freezing their nuts off at home saving up to get over to visit the place.  Such are the quirks of life.

I'm enjoying this thread thank's bumblebee.

I'd like to stay in this area in November.

I'm not a Pattaya regular and haven't been there for 4 years so I'm studying the pics and hoping they'll help me work out where the hell I am when I get there. 

Good to hear it is giving you some ideas Uncle.  I'll cover the rest of the soi in the coming days.  The photos so far have just covered Pattaya Tai to the Blue Rahtree complex.

Some more from that section.

Looking north in the direction of Action St.

post-106-0-33074900-1374612346_thumb.jpg

The area in front of the Blue Rahtree with Yenjit money exchange opposite and a Family Mart further on.  There is also a Tesco Lotus Express under the Blue Rah Tree.

post-106-0-60578000-1374612348_thumb.jpg

My old gaff, with my balcony under the top left arch.

post-106-0-88777300-1374612350_thumb.jpg

This area of Buakhao has seen the development of 2 major bar complexes in the last year, the Blue Rahtree and Action Street.  A sign of the times perhaps of how the powers to be are planning for the future of the town, opinions?

attachicon.gifas1.jpg

attachicon.gifas2.jpg

attachicon.gifas7.jpg

attachicon.gifas3.jpg

attachicon.gifas4.jpg

attachicon.gifas5.jpg

attachicon.gifas6.jpg

Think maybe they(the powers that be) are trying to keep bars away from Beach rd etc trying to move them back out the way(trying to clean things up) or just hide it from the Russians, Chinese , Korans etc.....There has been a lot of money sunk into Patts and they want to have a clean image about the place, however there will always be a place for bars and LB,s as there are to many BIB with there fingers in the pot....moving bars back from the beach and soi 7-8 is not the same these days either, wouldnt be surprised if that went too....also soi6/1 has had aload of building work going on down that way....maybe soi6 years are number to? even though the music goes off there around 1ish would u buy a place down soi6/1 with all that going on at your doorstep? Please don't answer that..LOL.....just feel they are trying to move things away from beachend but really Action ST has not took off has it? I mean how many bars have come and gone in the short time its been open....I mean if Sensations was not up there how many of us would even walk up that way? although Happiness bar has tried to cash in on what Sensations has done.....be a lot easier for some if they just opened all LB bars in Action st and changed the name to Prev St.....oh I wish!! Regards Garry 8P

• Upvote 2