Soi Buakhao - Your Tips and Thoughts.

bumblebee

Maybe you should take a quick stroll across Klang to Bumblebee's Fried Chicken! 

Great thread to wile away the hours til touchdown!

That's exactly what I did after finishing taking the photos that day FM. :party0021:   It's all ahead of you buddy, have fun and catch you in a couple of months. :drinks:

post-106-0-81199300-1377126850_thumb.jpg

OK, fried chicken! Now we're talking. Nothing can come close to my grandmother's fried chicken. She was from east Texas, which is sort of the Issan of the US. Needless to say, she knew how to fry a chicken, even the weird internal bits (just like in Issan!).

But, that small market about maybe 3/4 of a km north of the LK Metro area on the west side of Soi Buakhao (I think it is shown in pics 8-10, but I'm not entirely sure) has some fried chicken stands with some of the best chicken I've had. Each one even seems to specialize in different parts of the chicken. I only just recently discovered it when one of my two-night LT LB sweetie-pies took me one evening to one of her favorite noodle stalls further back in the market. I got a bowl of noodles too, but went over to "chicken leg lady" and got a couple of drumsticks. That was a meal that cost a little over 100 baht for the two of us, but was one of the best meals I had that week. That market food stall area is a favorite not only of working girls, but motorbike taxi drivers, store keepers, etc. Needless to say, I became a regular of chicken leg lady! (Nana, is that you? Reincarnated?)

• Upvote 1

OK, fried chicken! Now we're talking. Nothing can come close to my grandmother's fried chicken. She was from east Texas, which is sort of the Issan of the US. Needless to say, she knew how to fry a chicken, even the weird internal bits (just like in Issan!).But, that small market about maybe 3/4 of a km north of the LK Metro area on the west side of Soi Buakhao (I think it is shown in pics 8-10, but I'm not entirely sure) has some fried chicken stands with some of the best chicken I've had. Each one even seems to specialize in different parts of the chicken. I only just recently discovered it when one of my two-night LT LB sweetie-pies took me one evening to one of her favorite noodle stalls further back in the market. I got a bowl of noodles too, but went over to "chicken leg lady" and got a couple of drumsticks. That was a meal that cost a little over 100 baht for the two of us, but was one of the best meals I had that week. That market food stall area is a favorite not only of working girls, but motorbike taxi drivers, store keepers, etc. Needless to say, I became a regular of chicken leg lady! (Nana, is that you? Reincarnated?)

Mmmm..........fried chicken

Excellent report on Buckaroo BB as I love it there and have stayed in the Soi for 10 years or so. 

Its in my opinion the best Soi in Patts as it has every thing u need, nice to wander of and around patts and then finish off a night out in Buckaroo as the choice is endless, and not always the same 'ol' faces.

cheers

• Upvote 1

Excellent report on Buckaroo BB as I love it there and have stayed in the Soi for 10 years or so. 

Its in my opinion the best Soi in Patts as it has every thing u need, nice to wander of and around patts and then finish off a night out in Buckaroo as the choice is endless, and not always the same 'ol' faces.

cheers

Cheers Foggy, catch you in a couple of months.  Some good bargains to be had accommodation wise as has been mentioned.

post-106-0-97138500-1377294890_thumb.jpg

post-106-0-01558900-1377294893_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Great place to sit on the railings, sipping a large Lao while looking out at the circus going by on Buckaroo.  

Yea, the large beers are a bargain, so if you're sitting with a mate , you order one large instead of two small and watch the world go by expat style.  :drinks:

Great corner. I've had the spaghetti, the burgers, and the doners. Also sat in the bar behind the kiosks on many afternoons. Great place to sit on the railings, sipping a large Lao while looking out at the circus going by on Buckaroo.  

I was sitting there one night when the police came and rounded up all the LBs working the street. One ran in and sat next to me and begged me to be okay with her pretending we where together. I had been checking her out already! So I bought her a Breezer and we chatted and watched the police truck drive away with all the LBs sitting in the back. And I thought..... I need to get a pick-up truck! 

• Upvote 2

Is this the place on west side on the bend of the road north of the market? If so, I got a haircut also. Don't remember the exact price but it was fairly inexpensive.

Still can't beat the cost of a haircut in China though. I got a haircut in Shanghai in July. Cost a dollar. Good cut also. 

Is this the place on west side on the bend of the road north of the market? If so, I got a haircut also. Don't remember the exact price but it was fairly inexpensive.

Still can't beat the cost of a haircut in China though. I got a haircut in Shanghai in July. Cost a dollar. Good cut also. 

got a great cut in Kathmandu  back in March for 100 Nepali rupees which is like  $1,12  :happy0065:

Always a good spot for a snack is the corner of Soi Diana and Buakhao.  From what I recall some LBs hang out here late at night.  Maybe some of you fine gents can give an update.

yep a great place to hang out at night , and plenty of sausage to go round , warning be

careful daytime crossing the road is a health risk .

• 2 weeks later...

I eat about three times a week at the chicken and rice outdoor stand on the corner of Pattaya Tai and Soi Buckhou.

You get a plate with chicken (fried, boiled, or on the bone) and rice (yellow or white). It comes with a bowl of chicken broth.

I generally get the chciken on the bone, cooked just right so it easily peels off and yellow rice.

Open from about 5PM to 9:30 only, the place does booming business as the food is delicious and the price (30 baht or 35 baht for a bigger plate) is right.