Club Blu to Pook

johnlbx

Cant see it being anything but a GG bar, to try and fill 3 bars with ladyboys is a tall order, espically seeing as she seems short of staff right now. She will only be taking her own customers away from Pooks buakeaow so I cant see how another lb bar would work for her.

15 million is stupid money but I wish I had it 555, she has only bought the business for that amount, she hasnt bought the building.

Maybe when it's up and running she will close one of her other bars. My guess would be over at soi6 with the bulldozers starting their engines any year soon.

Even Hi Boss next door is bailing out as the dreams of Chonburi High Council begin to creak into action.

Maybe when it's up and running she will close one of her other bars. My guess would be over at soi6 with the bulldozers starting their engines any year soon.

Even Hi Boss next door is bailing out as the dreams of Chonburi High Council begin to creak into action.

Is there talk of gutting soi 6 altogether ?

The rumour circulating is that Pook has sold the soi 6 bar, however it isnt a done deal until the club blu goes through. Apparently the soi 6 girls are looking for work which makes me think that blu will be a gg bar.

The other thing is Pook isnt stupid and im guessing she knows something about soi 6.

All rumours though but will see what happens in due course.

• Upvote 1

Say it ain't so, note to self : must do as many soi 6 afternooners as physically possible next trip, btw who wants this to happen and why , I mean its Pattaya afterall right ?

There has been a push to take Beach Road real estate, or nearby, and turn it into condos and hotel for years. The south side of Soi 6/1 bit the dust the last few years. How they must enjoy their view of Soi 6 (not). Sooner or later this real estate grab will probably eat Soi6. In a year, 5 years, 10 years who knows. A well connected person told me about fours years ago Soi 6 would be gone in 18 months, wrong! But as I said before, sooner or later they will be right. About 5 years ago I was told Soi LK Metro would be a new hot spot. It took a while but... Such is life as the new tourist economy competes with the old sex tourists economy for prime real estate. As if Pattaya Beach was actually prime real estate.

• Upvote 1

There has been a push to take Beach Road real estate, or nearby, and turn it into condos and hotel for years. The south side of Soi 6/1 bit the dust the last few years. How they must enjoy their view of Soi 6 (not). Sooner or later this real estate grab will probably eat Soi6. In a year, 5 years, 10 years who knows. A well connected person told me about fours years ago Soi 6 would be gone in 18 months, wrong! But as I said before, sooner or later they will be right. About 5 years ago I was told Soi LK Metro would be a new hot spot. It took a while but... Such is life as the new tourist economy competes with the old sex tourists economy for prime real estate. As if Pattaya Beach was actually prime real estate.

That really sucks cause theres NOTHING else like soi 6

That really sucks cause theres NOTHING quite like soi 6

Say it ain't so, note to self : must do as many soi 6 afternooners as physically possible next trip, btw who wants this to happen and why , I mean its Pattaya afterall right ?

The Chonburi Council's master plan for Pattaya does not include all the bars & clubs that are there now. If it wasn't for the GFC they would be gone now. Accepted wisdom sees the bars, etc moving out beyond Third Road but that remains to be seen.

The government position on Pattaya is there should be hotels & shopping centres for all the tourists who would flock there if it wasn't for the sex scene. This is ridiculous thinking in the minds of many but when you consider all the tour buses from China arriving every week & the vast numbers of Chinese tourists looking for a holiday destination somewhere in the vicinity, I think it is not so silly. 

I suggest the demise of Pattaya as we know it is still some way off but be in no doubt that what we want is not the same as what the Thais want. Big spending Chinese whose idea of a holiday is staying in 5 Star hotels & shopping at upmarket shops does two things - it improves the prosperity of the place plus it gets rid of that stain on their "polite" society - us!

One very important way this will help the Thai economy is something often overlooked - all those hotels & shops will be paying tax unlike most of the places there now.

As if Pattaya Beach was actually prime real estate.

As if Pattaya is in fact a "Beach " resort as the marketing Dept. sell it throughout China and Russia and elsewhere. i suppose some people will believe anything.

" Beach"  ha ha , what a joke... thats not to mention the "Sea"( swimming anyone)..

Why anyone would ever go to Pattaya other than sex and a few beers is beyond me..Its already a concrete jungle and how the word Beach can be used in the same sentence as " Pattaya" should be a trade descriptions violation

" Beach"  ha ha , what a joke... thats not to mention the "Sea"( swimming anyone)..

Why anyone would ever go to Pattaya other than sex and a few beers is beyond me..Its already a concrete jungle and how the word Beach can be used in the same sentence as " Pattaya" should be a trade descriptions violation

I imagine if you had read some glossy brochure with pictures of golden sands and palm trees you might feel a little short changed .

And as to why anyone would actually want to bring their family is beyond me .

Just to sit at the Pattaya Beer Garden and watch some of the shit they pump from the sewer pipes to the sea would put you off swimming forever .

post-104-0-99804500-1368896541_thumb.jpg

Ah yes. I watched and smelled that black lumpy filth flow out of those pipes on a number of occasions. It's beyond me how anyone would even walk barefoot on the shore let alone immerse their whole body in that water. We all know the stench wafting out of the sewer grids on Beach or Second Roads and we all know what goes down the toilets in Pattaya. Sooooo, guess where it goes?!!? 

Great picture Jim

Should be plastered on the travel brochures as a kind of Thai Govt Health Warning . 

Why the fuck do normal non sex tourists come here.. uh. maybe to watch Sex Tourism. Take away all the Girls Bars and all you have is a giant shopping mall . At Xmas time the beach completely dissapears anyway as the market takes over

If they could build on whats left of the beach im sure they would. And they could reclaim the shoreline and build a mini aiport

• 4 weeks later...

Pook has not bought club Blue, she tried to do a deal, but they kept moving the goal posts

the lease is up this month, she will try to get a new lease from the Thai company that owns the

property, If Pook and her partners do get the lease, it will not be a lady boy bar

• Upvote 2