The Los LB Scene. Has it become too mainstream?

bumblebee

As an aside from the Ladyboys=Pattaya thread, and if Pattaya is the LB scene to guys or not, is the whole ladyboy scene in Los becoming too mainstream for some of us and therefore a bit dull and predictable perhaps.  

With more and more guys choosing the Philippines and Cambodia, albeit in small but increasing numbers, and reporting from there, it does appear members are spreading their wings in search of something new and different.

Again another developing trend perhaps.

• Upvote 1

I was into it before it was cool; I'm only here in Thailand now because it's ironic ... *sound of crickets*

I doubt if any non Yanks will get this joke, but for the few of my fellow Americans that are about, :biggrin: Drink a PBR for me.

Paying for sex on a frequent and long term basis is what makes it a bit dull and predictable. Going to another country may feel fresh and new and therefore may be more fun in essence, but should you decide to frequent those countries as much as you have Thailand, then the same predictable feeling will be experienced. One becomes bored with the experience rather than the surroundings. The new surroundings just play tricks on the mind. -Swedeman007

• Upvote 3

Personally I think the whole scene has been slipping along the same timeline as JSB's fall from grace.   

To me at least, there used some great nights out - plenty of girls, plenty of fun.   maybe just sign of getting older I assume, but it feels less fun now.  

I have found another destination for ladyboy lovers and its located alot closer to home, plus its cheap, or dare I say it, free. I have been frequenting it alot the last 51 weeks. Its called celibacy. 

I don't know whether the scene in Thailand has actually changed, or just my opinion of it has changed with the more time I spend over there.

The quality of girls is still top notch but the days of the "it" girls from the ladyboy websites are gone now. There is that many websites and ladyboys appearing on them they are a dime a dozen.

One thing I think we can all agree on is the value of the Baht against our western currencies isn't helping our opinions of the scene over there.

I was into it before it was cool; I'm only here in Thailand now because it's ironic ... *sound of crickets*

I doubt if any non Yanks will get this joke

Gotcha, 4:17 - see below   :biggrin:

I think many of the guys who read  here were already into the scene a while ago, had fun with it, and are now bored with it.  Newer guys who have just discovered it have the same reaction we all did 10 years ago; WOW, this is great!  And they definitely should be excited; but for many of us after we get our fill it all became kinda boring, at least for me anyway.

Honestly, at this point I would much prefer to have a beer and a chat with well-read ex-pats. I was in Pattaya last summer for 2 months and the best times I had were with Route67, Dixon Cox, Thaibound, the 2 Tony's and all the other guys I met up with. Going jnto ladyboy bars.....ehhh, that was exciting a decade ago, now it's just loud and annoying.

post-107-0-17240400-1367076796_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

but for many of us after we get our fill it all became kinda boring, at least for me anyway.

Fill of what though?

I feel pretty much the exact same but not sure what it is am bored with and had my fill of. Don't know if its transsexuals, Thailand, or p4p. Actually I think its safe to say its not transsexuals I'm bored with. Its either Thailand or p4p.

• Upvote 1

Well, everyone is different in this regard.  For sure I am tired of the p4p scene and pretty much done with it.  Nothing to do with the cash, I am just not interested in it anymore....we all change, my libido is a lot weaker than a lot of the guys who read forums like this, and frankly I have had my fill after 14 years of visiting Asia.

Haven't had my fill of Thailand yet though. Of all the places I have been to, about 25 countries by now, it is by far the most livable. Nice beaches, good weather, relatively cheap, good ex-pat scene of like-minded chaps to converse with - and yes, sex is always available if a person wants that.

on my last few trips to Thailand I am happy to go to the airport and come home, even sometimes changing my flight for a earlier date.

unheard of ten years ago when it was fresh.

Like everyone's comments here its due to a combination of things, not least my age and the competition from the twenty something's who are dead straight but fancy stepping into the darkside when in Thailand. Witnessed this myself last time I was in Obsession.

any way had my heart broken a few times, have spent thousands, had great times, had scary times, In hindsight? Wouldn't change a thing

on my last few trips to Thailand I am happy to go to the airport and come home, even sometimes changing my flight for a earlier date.

unheard of ten years ago when it was fresh.

Like everyone's comments here its due to a combination of things, not least my age and the competition from the twenty something's who are dead straight but fancy stepping into the darkside when in Thailand. Witnessed this myself last time I was in Obsession.

any way had my heart broken a few times, have spent thousands, had great times, had scary times, In hindsight? Wouldn't change a thing

Well said Mr. 12.  :happy0065:

Aldo i am not a thailand ladyboy frequentflyer going there after each 3 to 4 years i have to say that been a freelancer it will never get boring for me because when ever i am there i Always meet new faces. ( The Street Have No Name )

But this question have been ask also on the pattaya GG forum and most of the BM do agree that its getting boring.....

I think it will be a good thing that BM do visit other country`s , for me it`s nice to see that more and more BM have there radar now on the phillippines which is a good case for the girls and there income.....

Greetz , Stealth

• Upvote 1

I think the old adage "Familiarity Breeds Contempt" is apt.

When it was all new that was precisely it - it was new to me. A new experience. A new social circle. All New.

Like anything in life the first adventure is the memorable one. It is difficult to keep repeating or besting it.

I do not wish to sound like an 'old timer' but many of the new breed of mongers seem to lack the adventurous spirit.

There were no LB Bar Maps, GPS coordinates. It was a case of seek and ye shall find. It was more fun that way.

Somebody (a fellow BM) would mention a new discovery and off we went. Very few bars sold their wares on the internet.

Franck of Club 131 was probably the first to do so.- in some ways his downfall. He over exposed his staff and was a bit too open about his relations with all of them!

Now the market is covered (or should I say exposed) much more openly.

We did not ask "Where is Guess Bar", "Where is Action Street" - we went and found it.

We did not ask "Does she top", "How big is her cock" - we went and found out

Some guys just seem to want to pre-plan everything. They are missing out on the real fun of the adventure.

I still enjoy the scene in Pattaya and am always pleased to bump into some familiar faces - both LBs and BMs.

I still get a kick out of finding another small bar - El Rio behind Cherries Restaurant on 3rd Road

• Upvote 1

Seems easier to just quote what I posted on another similar thread on another forum less than 6 hours before this thread was created ~ Here.

I used the word mainstream too   :pic:   Not seen that used for a while   :obscene:

In LOS I've known for several years that I prefer to spend time with fellow BM's rather than prostitutes, or even spend time on my own away from the scene and enjoy it. My desire to pay directly for company is far, far less than it ever was but we all need a fix from time to time and Pattaya ticks that box easily. 

I do think the charm has decreased here, certainly in Pattaya. The quantity of visitors seems greater but the quality less so as the demographics have changed. Prices have risen and exchange rates are at an all time low. It has become too main-stream, too familiar and too costly. Familiarity breeds contempt, i.e. we become more jaded.

Why am I still here?

I would rather be here than the UK that's for certain, despite the costs. Plus the availability of ladyboys and other sexual deviances are readily available even if I don't partake that often.

I also think the upward change in prices over time and the poor exchange rates feel worse for the casual visitor than for the expat due to differing agendas being in place. I.e. the overall costs of a short-term holiday and partying versus staying in long term accommodation and living with local benefits.

• Upvote 2

The warm thai welcome is long gone from the main tourist areas.

Replaced by poor attitudes by many ladyboys.

Greed has taken over and many venues are too pricey given they offer stuff all.

General quality of the girls has slumped - was only going through my mates photo collection from 10 years back and the number that ticked my boxes was amazing - nowadays i look at trip reports and wonder where they have all gone.

I still love the place but it ain't what it was - thank god I'm not just a sex tourist and can still enjoy other aspects of what thailand has to offer.

I still get a kick out of finding another small bar - El Rio behind Cherries Restaurant on 3rd Road

I get a kick out of finding small out of the way bars.  Carre Blanc, where u need to ring the doorbell to get in is a good example though GGs only.  Think there will be more and more of these Soi 6 style bars and perhaps even a strip of them one of these days.

I've found on my last few trips looking for the lesser advertised or known bars as there's always a wee fresh diamond to be found in the shadows or an old face who's drifted in with the tide.  :rolleye0012:

I still enjoy the well known bars but frequent them mainly to meet up with the likes of you lot... :good: