My Name Is Bond, James Bond

I loved Roger Moore as a Bond, very much the old suave English Gent and some of his films he had more notches in his bedpost than me after a few days in LOS.

Halle Berry was my favourite Bond Girl, terrible movie though that one.

Favourite Bond theme? being an 80's kid it's a tough call for me between Duran Duran (View To A Kill) but A-Ha (Living Daylights) edges it for me.

Some Bond one-liners...

As Le Chiffre tortures Bond by striking his testicles with a carpet beater.)

Bond: “Now the whole world will know that you died scratching my balls.”

Bond: “Who are you?”

Pussy: “My name is Pussy Galore.”

Bond: “I must be dreaming.”

Tiger Tanaka: “Rule number two; in Japan, men come first, women come second.”

Bond: “I just might retire here.”

And I thought Christmas only comes once a year.” [in bed with Dr Christmas Jones - The World Is Not Enough]

“Shocking! Positively shocking!” [After dropping a lamp into a bathtub to electrocute a henchman - Goldfinger]

I think he got the point.” [After shooting Vargas with a spear gun – Thunderball]

“What's Bond doing?”

“I think he's attempting re-entry, Sir!” [As Bond and Dr Holly Goodhead get to know one another under a blanket aboard the space shuttle - Moonraker]

“Do you mind if my friend sits this one out? She’s just dead.” [While placing Spectre agent Fiona Volpe’s body in a chair after she is shot on the dance floor – Thunderball]

"He blew a fuse." [After electrocuting Goldfinger’s henchman Oddjob - Goldfinger]

Why did you break up the encounter with my pet python?”

“I discovered it had a crush on me.” [Hugo Drax/Bond - Moonraker]

“Bond! What do you think you're doing?”

“Keeping the British end up, Sir.” [Discovered in bed in an escape pod with Agent XXX - The Spy Who Loved Me]

post-136-0-60746900-1346106673_thumb.jpg

The theme tune for You Only Live Twice was first recorded by a little known soul singer called Lorraine Chandler .

Sadly she was passed over and the tune made famous by Nancy Sinatra

Listen to the original it blows Nancy's version away , with that cool James Bond bassline into .

What do you think ?

[media=]

[/media]

The theme tune for You Only Live Twice was first recorded by a little known soul singer called Lorraine Chandler. Sadly she was passed over and the tune made famous by Nancy Sinatra

To tell you the truth, it's not my style - I know you're a big Northern Soul fan, and that's definitely who this song appeals to. Apparently it was found in the vaults at RCA sometime in the 1990's. Little is known about it's genesis, but it's thought that the track was recorded as a demo and submitted to Saltzman and Brocoli as a potential title track for their upcoming film. I don't believe it's even written by John Barry, the composer of much of the 60's Bond scores (and the writer of the Nancy Sinatra song used in the film) as it has a completely different feel. Definitely a completely different song, not an alternate version.

I love the original Barry song. He's one of my favorite film composers, and much of his stuff has a cinematic, sweeping feel to it. I haven't been able to find any reference, but I would bet dollars to donuts that Hanz Zimmer's score for "Inception" contains a major homage to Barry. When the dreamscape shifts to a snowy mountainside and the crew is all wearing white snow suits, the music has a sweeping, Barry-esque Bond sound to it that seems to me to be an obvious nod to the Barry soundtrack for "On Her Majesties Secret Service". I've never seen any critics note it or any interviews that mention it, so maybe I'm out in left field on this one.

My favorite version of the song is this version from an album called "The Essential James Bond" which was orchestrated and conducted by Nic Raine about 10 years ago. I made a "hits cd" for friends last year that featured Nancy Sinatra's version as the opening track, and this lush orchestral version as the closing track.

• 1 month later...

While on the subject of the opening of the new Bond film in Bangkok could any of you peeps recommend the best Cinema Complex to go and see it with my good friend which is also within distance of a decent place to take her for a meal beforehand.

We will have to be back in the loom or a Bar by 12-30am as Man United will be playing Aston Villa then :biggrin:

Any help would be much appreciated and thanx in advance :hi:

Don't open here in the States until Nov 9th...But that's OK cause I still gotta see Seven Psychopaths a few more times...

Expect to read a review or two of the new Bond flick from you early viewers...

MR. DUKE...Why not go to MBK Big D...Decent theater, plenty of spots to grab a bite to eat and just a hop, skip and a jump from the Nana area by either taxi or BTS...

• 2 weeks later...

well, therein lies the problem.....I checked IMDB and see that was one of the movies with Remington Steele {Brosnan] as Bond so there would have been no reason for me to check that out....although now that I know she was in it I may be torrenting it soon LOL.

*TV-trivia fact; Denise had a bit role in one of the later Seinfeld episodes as the 16-year old daughter of a TV exec; George got caught staring at her boobs, classic stuff and she was hotter than hell back then.

My favorite bond line was when Moneypenny told Bond, who was in bed with some Danish babe- "Oh James, you are quite the cunning linguist". Not sure which movie that was but what a great line.

Actually the episode with Denise was in Season 4, Since there were 9 seasons of Seinfeld, it would not be a later episode, but rather a relatively early one.

If you watch some early Sherlock Holmes movies made well before Bond its amazing the similarities that exist with some of the Bond Stories . Like Prof Moriatys liar is just like a bond set with trap doors etc ect... Also in one Holmes film there is a guy just like Jaws and at the end Holmes tells him that his master was using him and will kill the young girl after he kills Holmes.. the monsterman suddenly turns around and kills his master instead of Holmes. Its almost an exact repeat of when Jaws was on the space station and turned on his master..

I suppose we all need inspiration..I think Conan Doyle influenced Edgar Allen Poe .. or was it the way around,