London Olympics

Why is it being sponsored by McDonald's and Coca Cola when it is supposedly supporting a healthy lifestyle ?

Yes, and what really annoys me are the Product Placements. This is where the sponsor pays to have his product shown or used in a scene in a movie. But here at the Olympics, you'll notice that the post-award press conference always has a bottle of a Coca-Cola product placed conspicuously in front of the athlete on the table with the microphone.

Yesterday they showed Missy Franklin (one of the USA swimmers) with an unopened Coca-Cola set smack-dab in front of her. My guess is this healthy little thing has never drank that sugar water swill in her life, but the impression for millions of kids is that Missy gulps the stuff down as part of her training regime.

Yesterday they showed Missy Franklin (one of the USA swimmers) with an unopened Coca-Cola set smack-dab in front of her. My guess is this healthy little thing has never drank that sugar water swill in her life, but the impression for millions of kids is that Missy gulps the stuff down as part of her training regime.

:sign0184:

Someone should do a Terry Hall:

I wonder sometimes whatever happened to Terry Hall. He sat out the Specials reunion four years ago - which I respect him for, disappointed as I was - and doesn't seem to have any sort of profile that I can tell from my limited exposure to the music media. He was such a brat. When we went to see the Specials in the summer of 1981at what turned out to be one of their last shows, they played the Dr. Pepper Festival at the Pier in NYC and Terry felt compelled to alter the words of "Nite Club" to:

I won't dance on a Pier like this

All the girls are sluts

And Dr. Pepper tastes like piss

Yes, and what really annoys me are the Product Placements. This is where the sponsor pays to have his product shown or used in a scene in a movie. But here at the Olympics, you'll notice that the post-award press conference always has a bottle of a Coca-Cola product placed conspicuously in front of the athlete on the table with the microphone.

I wouldnt doubt that Missy has had a Coke or 100 in her life. Hell, she is a teenager. Besides, do you ahve any idea how many calories per day these top notch swimmer consume??? I think Phelps and Lochte consume between 6,000-8,000 per DAY!!!!

It is absolutely insidious the way a company like Coke is poisoning our kids. It's now been shown that carbonated drinks strip calcium out of bones. Just another reason why the product should never be allowed to associate itself with the bastion of health, the Olympic Games.

With the world wide obesity epidemic, sooner or later the authorities are going to go after Coke & all the other makers of sugary drinks. That'll be after they make nicotine a controlled substance unsuitable for human consumption.

Funny you should mention nicotine my man... it's incredible that the stuff is still on the market. One of the few products that has a high likelihood of death or disease if taken as directed. LITERALLY more addictive than heroin. I should know, I've been a "fan" of both in my day, and it's the nicotine that I still feel tempted to return to from time to time.

I worked as a Steward at the Canada v USA womens Semi-Final last night and really enjoyed it.

Its certainly different from my Stretcher bearer duties at Old trafford and a nice change to help people (show them to their seats, directions etc) of different Nationalities and be appreciated by them.

It was also a good time to put my British sense of humour and dead pan face to the test with some of the American crowd and it worked a treat, had some great "banter" with them.

The other thing we have to do as a Steward is stop people bringing beer into the seating areas of the Stadium, they are OK to drink it in the concourse which confuses them.

One example last night was this Canadian guy who said "You guys are weird, I went to an Olympic Event last night and could drink and same when I watched Rugby"

"For sure" I replied "Its not a problem at other Sports but when Football fans drink too much beer they want to fight with the opposing fans, they are called Hooligans"

"Yeah thats them, Hooligans, I wanted to see them" came his reply.

Now I dont know about Stadia in the USA but their people seemed to be very impressed by Manchester United's ground.

Frequent gasps of "OMG, Wow & Its amazing" as they hit the top of the steps of the concourse on entering the seating area were heard.

One example was this one American guys reaction to when I showed and his group their seats

"Hey, we are on the Field", not quite mate but your very close to it ...lol

It worked out quite well for them as they are a neighbour of one of the USA players (No-15) and came over here to watch her play, they were that close to the Pitch that they could probaly have had a chat with the player when she took a Corner.

As for the match it ended 4-3 (after extra-time) to the USA with the Americans scoring the winner with 10 seconds to go before it would have gone to a Penalty-shoot out.

I did think the Canadian's were kinda robbed by a dodgy decision by the referee, firstly the free-kick the USA received for a handball by the Canadian goalkeeper outside her goal area, then from the resulting free-kick the ref then gave a Penalty to the USA for another handball in the area by a Canadian player,

hmmmmm both decisions were very harsh imho

Well thats nearly the end of the Olympics for me, we have a Mens Semi-Final tonight between Brazil and South Korea which if is half as much as last night then I'll have a good time.

btw.. If you Americans or Canadians would like to get your own back on me in the LOS all you have to do is say "Semi" or "Debris" to me, it really "makes me cringe" the way you pronounce those words :sad0116:

The more I think about tonights game the more I am looking forward to it now.

Last nights game had a lot of "fit totty" knocking about which I know will be eclipsed with all the Brazilian and Korean beauties in attendance tonight.

I know right now that my mind will be doing "overtime" looking at them wondering what they would be like if they were "one of ours" :Drooling:

Yes the Canadians were robbed by two very questionable rulings. They out played the Americans for sure and it was a hard, hard loss for us to accept. Same for women's middleweight boxing.

Typical. America's girls won that match fair and square, and you sore losers wanna start pitching a fit.

Dave, you obviously still hold a grudge about the outcome of the revolution and the war of 1812. Get over it.

Sam, you obviously still can't let go of the fact that we have put up import tariffs on Back Bacon ("canadian bacon") and Molson's, the main exports of Canada. Let it go man.

Willie - I don't know how to explain your outburst except perhaps a case of peer pressure? But yes - Jessica is a little hottie. My dilemma would be whether to spunk her face or those amazing abs. Maybe I just stroke her abs with my left hand while use my right to assist with the anointing of her face?

post-75-0-51162800-1344389726_thumb.jpg

post-75-0-17115000-1344389733_thumb.jpg

Wow, what a great night one had for the Brazil v Korea mens semi-final at Old Trafford last night.

I was surrounded by Korean "totty" and a few of the Brazilian "birds" were awesome

It was nearly a full-house and a great atmosphere with the Samba drums playing in the background.

One Korean beauty I was helping out made my knees wobble when she said to me "Thankyou so much Sir", I just wanted to take her home :give_rose:

I t wasnt a bad game either with the Brazilians coming out 3-0 winners

I timed my departure from the ground perfectly as the Samba Band came past followed by its vast entourage dancing behind them and then I passed by a group of around 30 very cute and petite Korean girls, a great night indeed :party0030:

There is a great buzz in my home town as local lass Katie Taylor goes for at least a silver in her boxing bout at 2 pm today. The good old Daily Telegraph has copped on to a potential winner and has changed her nationality to British lol. Her dad is from Leeds mind, moved here in 1979 so she would be entitled to a British passport as well, not that I have heard she has one. But the bottom line is she is representing Ireland, I presume if she loses the D T will change her nationality pretty rapidly. :jackoff:

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/new-media/item/28705-boxer-katie-taylor-and/