Ramblings & Replies

The Washington Post runs a weekly contest in its Style section called the 'Style Invitational'.

The requirements this week were to use the two words 'Lewinsky' (the Intern) and 'Kaczynski' 

(the Unabomber) in the same limerick.

The following winning entries were actually printed verbatim in the newspaper, no bleeps or xxxs:

Third place:

There once was a girl named Lewinsky

Who played on a flute like Stravinsky

'Twas 'Hail to the Chief'

On this flute made of beef

That stole the front page from Kaczynski.

Second place:

Said Clinton to young Ms. Lewinsky,

We don't want to leave clues like Kaczynski,

Since you made such a mess,

Use the hem of your dress

And please wipe that stuff off your chinsky.

And the winning entry:

Lewinsky and Clinton have shown

What Kaczynski must surely have known,

That an intern is better

Than a bomb in a letter,

When deciding how best to be blown

• Upvote 2

Your Scoutmaster can now be a Cocksucker according to the President of the Boy Scouts, who was formerly the chief spook abd Defense Secretary.

BREAKING NEWS Thursday, May 21, 2015 1:28 PM EDT Boy Scouts’ President Calls for End to Ban on Gay Leaders The president of the Boy Scouts of America on Thursday called for an end to the group’s blanket ban on gay adult leaders, warning Scout executives that “we must deal with the world as it is, not as we might wish it to be,” and that “any other alternative will be the end of us as a national movement.” At the same time, religious organizations that sponsor a majority of local Scout troops, including Mormons and Roman Catholics, should remain free to set their own policies for leaders, said the president, Robert M. Gates, the former director of the C.I.A. and the former secretary of defense. Mr. Gates called for the changes at an annual national meeting of the group, in Atlanta. He said that he was not yet making a formal proposal but that the Scouts’ governing body should take up the issue formally at a future meeting.

This is a damn shame.

Russell Crowe played him in the movie of the same name.

http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.ssf/2015/05/famed_a_beautiful_mind_mathematician_wife_killed_in_taxi_crash_police_say.html

Famed 'A Beautiful Mind' mathematician John Nash, wife killed in taxi crash, police say

''John Forbes Nash Jr., the Princeton University mathematician whose life story was the subject of the film "A Beautiful Mind," and his wife of nearly 60 years died Saturday in a taxi crash on the New Jersey Turnpike, police said.

Nash was 86. Alicia Nash was 82. The couple lived in Princeton Junction.

The Nashes were in a taxi traveling southbound in the left lane of the New Jersey Turnpike, State Police Sgt. Gregory Williams said. The driver of the Ford Crown Victoria lost control as he tried to pass a Chrysler in the center lane, crashing into a guard rail.''

Congrats to Sweden for winning Eurovision 2015.  :party0011: :party0011:

attachicon.gifsweden-flag.gif

I hear the Russkie was booed.

I Think over there it the equivalent of winning the World Cup. a Swedish girl was telling me in the bar on Friday that this is the biggest occasion of the year for them ?...she even invited me over .. i was seduced 

I Think over there it the equivalent of winning the World Cup. a Swedish girl was telling me in the bar on Friday that this is the biggest occasion of the year for them ?...she even invited me over .. i was seduced 

Yup, just like winning the World Cup. Probably even bigger. ( World Cup in darts, that is).

No one with a brain cares about this contest. One good thing about it, its becoming  platform and opportunity to promote equal rights. Why Russia was booooooed.  Its huge among gays all over Europe, personally i think its rubbish.

ha ha

yes indeed.... but the Trash factor is the attraction i think... i bet it was on prime time major channel TV in most European Countries. How Australia got in i have no idea ????.   Fuck me i bet Syria will be in it next year

ha ha

yes indeed.... but the Trash factor is the attraction i think... i bet it was on prime time major channel TV in most European Countries. How Australia got in i have no idea ????.   Fuck me i bet Syria will be in it next year

apparently,according to uk morning tv,oz was invited in on a one off basis,it being the 60th anniversary of euro song contest....should they have actually won it,they would have had to choose a european city to stage the next contest in...

The winning song (i heard it for the first time this morning)...is total shite, a pre pubescent teenager must have penned the lyrics...shame the Russkies didn't win...it would have livened the whole thing up a bit....

ha ha

You bet.  3 1/2 hours live on the number one state owned channel. The country stood still. It was the 60th anniversary so Aus was in, no idea why though.

Winning song is crap, but maybe less bad than the rest. Germany and Austria got 0 points.

Abba won in 1974 with Waterloo, in the UK. It was big, i remember.